• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts 2024

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Which School is RGS? Just Interested as I've never heard of them. Do they play footy? If so what leauge?
Rockhampton Grammar School. It's in Central Queensland not a huge school but the biggest in the area. Only one league where it is though. However, it's provided a few players including the likes of Steve Moore. And is now giving out scholarships and have founded a partnership with Gold Coast Titans. They also partake at the Ballymore Cup.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Rockhampton Grammar School. It's in Central Queensland not a huge school but the biggest in the area. Only one league where it is though. However, it's provided a few players including the likes of Steve Moore. And is now giving out scholarships and have founded a partnership with Gold Coast Titans. They also partake at the Ballymore Cup.
Interesting to here - from mates in coaching staff etc I've heard he's a great player and I believe is in the leadership team. I feel as though it was likely he moved down to Brisbane for better Footy opportunities/Uni.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just would like to give a shoutout to Norths Colts 1 winger, Sam dickie. He has had an enormous season, which has rewarded him with a prem grade debut. In 2022, he was playing 3rd XV for terrace, and he has just now been selected for the u19 reds squad.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Just would like to give a shoutout to Norths Colts 1 winger, Sam dickie. He has had an enormous season, which has rewarded him with a prem grade debut. In 2022, he was playing 3rd XV for terrace, and he has just now been selected for the u19 reds squad.
What a story from this young fella, very impressive stuff…

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Interesting to here - from mates in coaching staff etc I've heard he's a great player and I believe is in the leadership team. I feel as though it was likely he moved down to Brisbane for better Footy opportunities/Uni.
Yeah that's true. As have lot's of talented players over the years.

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
Based on this squad, I imagine our best team is:

1. Byron Murphy (Easts)
2. Finlay King (Wests)
3. Trevor King (Souths)
4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
5. Charlie Brosnan (Brothers)
6. Noah Raulini (Easts)
7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
10. Will Nason (Souths)
11. Xavier Rubens (Souths)
12. Samuela Tuisau (UQ)
13. Dom Kallquist (Wests)
14. Iuean Cornelius (Bond)
15. Brody McLaren (Sunnybank)
RESERVES
16. Cooper Hoare (Souths)
17. Harry Gould (GPS)
18. Jovid Aveau (Norths)
19. Charles Macauley (Bond)
20. Alex Watkins (Wests)
21. James Martens (Wests)
22. Dre-dyn Laben (Souths)
23. Daniel Malum (Sunnybank)

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)

1. Byron Murphy (Easts)
2. Finlay King (Wests)
3. Trevor King (Souths)
4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
6. Noah Raulini (Easts)
7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
10. Will Nason (Souths)
12. Samuela Tuisau (UQ)
RESERVES
17. Harry Gould (GPS)
18. Jovid Aveau (Norths)
20. Alex Watkins (Wests)
Hey TW, I think you might be spot on with most of you’re selections but these would be my changes….

In the forwards, I’d move Brosnan to 8, Latu to the bench and Tom Robinson (UQ) into the 2nd row. I also expect John Grenfell (Nudgee) to get some game time rotating in with the other hookers during the campaign.

In the backs I’d swap Reidy with Martens to start at 9. IMO Martens has been the stand-out Colt getting lots of game time in 1st Grade as well and looks a cut above the rest when starting in Colts 1 for Wests this year - he’s my tip to be named Colt of the Year.

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
Hey TW, I think you might be spot on with most of you’re selections but these would be my changes….

In the forwards, I’d move Brosnan to 8, Latu to the bench and Tom Robinson (UQ) into the 2nd row. I also expect John Grenfell (Nudgee) to get some game time rotating in with the other hookers during the campaign.

In the backs I’d swap Reidy with Martens to start at 9. IMO Martens has been the stand-out Colt getting lots of game time in 1st Grade as well and looks a cut above the rest when starting in Colts 1 for Wests this year - he’s my tip to be named Colt of the Year.
I think Latu is the only genuine ball running Number 8. Brosnan is a lock that hasn't played all year.

Can see your point on Martens, but with Nason at 10, he needs the best pass which is Reidy. Martens will come on and spark up the pace, often in colts this year he tried to do too much and over played his hand in my opinion.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
I think Latu is the only genuine ball running Number 8. Brosnan is a lock that hasn't played all year.

Can see your point on Martens, but with Nason at 10, he needs the best pass which is Reidy. Martens will come on and spark up the pace, often in colts this year he tried to do too much and over played his hand in my opinion.
Despite Brosnan not playing all year, watching him during the early season for colts 1 he was extremely dominate in his carries as well as his ball skills. I'm not taking a shot at your pick with Latu, just saying Brosnan is always a genuine threat for this position, assuming he is fit at training...

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)

1. Byron Murphy (Easts)
2. Finlay King (Wests)
3. Trevor King (Souths)
4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
6. Noah Raulini (Easts)
7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
10. Will Nason (Souths)
12. Samuela Tuisau (UQ)
RESERVES
17. Harry Gould (GPS)
18. Jovid Aveau (Norths)
20. Alex Watkins (Wests)
I'm curious to what everyone's thoughts are about Charlie Cooke (Wests). I saw him play a couple games earlier this year and couldn't believe how dominate and hardworking he was for a first-year graduate. Also, a big fan of teammate Finlay King (Wests), even though Finlay isn't necessarily big for hooker he has got some real guts, also loves a bit of chat of the field. Reminds me of what Colts footy is all about.

jackal_it_julie

Bob McCowan (2)
Evening,

With all the hype around finals just wanted to shed some light on the down and the dumps teams who haven't quite hit their stride. Sunnybank and GPS for me were complete failures this season although possessing some generational talent within their juniors. I am quite disappointed particularly with the Sunnybank boys who have been consistently dominant in the junior age groups, but fall off a cliff when senior footy comes knocking. Brothers by far have the more complete program, just unaware of where Sunnybank and GPS go from here? Are there any schoolboy options arising next year for these clubs partcuraliry in the AIC and GPS competitions. Would love to hear some names and potential lineups.

Cheers

JIJ

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Sunday’s Colts1 GF should be a cracker.
In their previous encounters this season, I think there’s only been a few points splitting Souths and Wests.
Thoughts? Predictions?Wild speculations?

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)
Sunday’s Colts1 GF should be a cracker.
In their previous encounters this season, I think there’s only been a few points splitting Souths and Wests.
Thoughts? Predictions?Wild speculations?
Souths played very well against Wests in the last game of the season, winning 25-12. In the Semi final and Preliminary final, Souths probably haven’t played to their full potential. If they can click to that potential, I'm tipping Souths.