• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts 2024

LevitatingSocks

Fred Wood (13)
What a very disappointing year for the two typically strong clubs of Colts 1 - UQ and Brothers. Brothers seem to have dropped off in their strong rankings as both their Colts 2 and 1 failed to make finals; whilst UQ's Colts 1 side where the only ones weirdly missing out on finals in their program. Huge questions will be asked about the coaching for both of these strong clubs to understand how it went wrong. Without taking it away from them, a very deserved finals appearance for Bond and Wests who did not make it last year - especially for Wests with such a strong resurge. Will be a great finals series
Bad day to be a certain very social media-oriented coach. Failing to make finals with a traditional powerhouse is not ideal for your brand.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bad day to be a certain very social media-oriented coach. Failing to make finals with a traditional powerhouse is not ideal for your brand.
This year in colts 1 it was great to see Souths (who were there last year) and wests as the front runners.
Not sure who the social media coach you are referring to is.
I think it will be a Wests vs Souths GF in colts 1.
I bet Souths are happy Norths aren’t there as that is their bogey team

Love2Scrum

Darby Loudon (17)
18 Rounds complete, here is my prediction for Reds U19 Squad.

Prop
Slater Galloway (Souths)
Trevor King (Souths)
Jovid Aveau (Norths)
Harry Gould (GPS)
Emil Willie-Jawai (Easts)
Byron Murphy (Easts)

Hooker
Oliver Barrett (Bond)
Ewald Kruger (GPS)
Finlay King (Wests)

Lock
Avery Thompson (GPS)
Fergus Gillan (Bond)
Jackson Moloney (Easts)

Back Row
Vice Latu (Brothers)
Charlie Cooke (Wests)
Noah Raulini (Easts)
Alex Watkins (Wests)
Tom Robinson (University)

Halfback
Callum Reidy (Norths)
James Martens (Wests)
Jamie Alexander (Wests)

Flyhalf
Will Nason (Souths)
Brody McLaren (Sunnybank)

Centre
Dre Pakeho (Brothers)
Frankie Goldsbrough (Easts)
Chace Oates (University)
Asalusi Nagicu (Sunnybank)

Wing/Fullback
Xavier Rubens (Souths)
Samuela Tuisau (University)
Sam Dickie (Norths)
Daniel Malum (Sunnybank)
Iuean Cornelius (Bond)

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpeg
    IMG_1576.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90

The Blin6side

Larry Dwyer (12)
There are two boys in this u19 team list that impressed me the most… Sam Dickie (GTOB), and Daniel Malum (BBCOB). Dickie played the majority of his year 12 in the Terrace thirds, only getting moved up to the first team in the last two rounds. I believe Malum played the WHOLE season in BBC‘s seconds. Impressive stuff from these boys… Helps show that schoolboy footy doesn’t always translate to colts and grades.

Bigboppa2

Frank Nicholson (4)
What do we think of the up coming flankers in our colts teams?
I really like the look of young Noah Rauluni, son of Jacob Rauluni former Fiji international. He's had an amazing start to the season giving Easts a much needed boost. From powerful carries leading to line breaks, to counter rucks and try creating offloads this kid has it all. Staring in the Mal Maniga Cup earlier this year to support the North Devils he has talent in both codes. Sonce coming back into the Easts Squad they have started winning thanks to his ability to play amazing eyes up footy which is something you just can't teach. Rightfully deserved he has earned a spot in the 19's Reds squad and i can't wait to see how far this kid goes.

Cheers

-BP

rugby.jacko

Bob McCowan (2)
I really like the look of young Noah Rauluni, son of Jacob Rauluni former Fiji international. He's had an amazing start to the season giving Easts a much needed boost. From powerful carries leading to line breaks, to counter rucks and try creating offloads this kid has it all. Staring in the Mal Maniga Cup earlier this year to support the North Devils he has talent in both codes. Sonce coming back into the Easts Squad they have started winning thanks to his ability to play amazing eyes up footy which is something you just can't teach. Rightfully deserved he has earned a spot in the 19's Reds squad and i can't wait to see how far this kid goes.

Cheers

-BP
Love his game play, perfect example of size doesn't matter. Noah creates impacts across the field whether it's attack or defense he just gets it. Another player I'm excited to see is Charlie Brosnan (Brothers). I was expecting to see the second rower/eight in the Aus Under 20s side but heard he suffered a dislocated hip injury. Very keen to see this kid back out on the field putting in some work.

The Blin6side

Larry Dwyer (12)

Cheers

-BP
Couldn’t agree more mate… The flankers stand out to me the most in this teamlist. Charlie Cooke aswell, a dominant breakaway from the West Bulldogs.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
There are two boys in this u19 team list that impressed me the most… Sam Dickie (GTOB), and Daniel Malum (BBCOB). Dickie played the majority of his year 12 in the Terrace thirds, only getting moved up to the first team in the last two rounds. I believe Malum played the WHOLE season in BBC‘s seconds. Impressive stuff from these boys… Helps show that schoolboy footy doesn’t always translate to colts and grades.
Totally agree maturity confidence persistence and hard work can pay off after school

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Any boys that we are excited to see come through from 1stxv next year?
Unfortunatley one of my favourite players (Siulepa), is off to Tasmania to play professional basketball, however I am excited to see the likes of Greenfell (u19 reds) (NC), Hart (NC), O'Connel (NC), J & C McGahan (GT), Russell (GT), Clifford (BBC), Howarth (BBC), Walker (IGS), Pritchard (ACGS), Balvara (TGS), to name a few..

Quicktapsonly

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunatley one of my favourite players (Siulepa), is off to Tasmania to play professional basketball, however I am excited to see the likes of Greenfell (u19 reds) (NC), Hart (NC), O'Connel (NC), J & C McGahan (GT), Russell (GT), Clifford (BBC), Howarth (BBC), Walker (IGS), Pritchard (ACGS), Balvara (TGS), to name a few..
Pretty sure it was mentioned in the GPS thread he lost the contract recently?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Pretty sure it was mentioned in the GPS thread he lost the contract recently?
I haven't heard this but is this true? Quite surprising considering he was picked in the mock draft etc, and was rated higher than current Mock Draft pick no.7 Rocco Zikarsky in the NBA (Sorry to go on a basketball tangent but I do love some BBall), If this is true do you think we will see him continue with rugby into the colts/QPR program? Thanks for the info mate.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Love this Mate - Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.