• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts 2024

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
What’s happening at Crosby road with Colts 1??they are sixth on the ladder. Has Greg Beaver lost his “magic” touch or is he finally being found out as a pretender of a coach?
Can‘t see him being reappointed next year if they don’t make finals.
The pressure must surely be getting to Greg Beaver at Crosby. They got pumped by Bond on the weekend. Can you hear the drums???

Watchingrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Same questions can be asked at UQ. This period of the season is really establishing the 'pretenders' and the 'contenders'. With UQ colts 2 and 3 winning by 50+ against Easts, the UQ colts 1 side struggled to keep up with the pace and the aggression that Easts showed. Its hard to see as an old boy watching all the other teams at UQ showing their class and contending for a top spot (including 1st grade, womens and other grade teams) - its sad to see that Colts 1 cant even contend with a team that is 7th on the ladder and without the likes of their Junior Wallaby players (Liddy, Goldsbrough and Bloomfield). Rumours are also going around that the coach at UQ is in disputes with many parents and staff; could potentially knock them out of the finals for the first time in years.
What has ‘in dispute with parents‘ got to do with it - this is not school boy rugby - a number of colts often play prems and reggies including coming off the bench and i am pretty sure these coaches couldn’t care less what parents think

headhunter93

Frank Row (1)
What has ‘in dispute with parents‘ got to do with it - this is not school boy rugby - a number of colts often play prems and reggies including coming off the bench and i am pretty sure these coaches couldn’t care less what parents think
Well typically when the coach is starting fights with parents of the boys - typically most players will tend to lose respect for him. Not sure about yourself though

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
It must be silly season in colts footy… I heard a what I suspect is a rumour that Garrick Morgan has told Cian O’Connor and his staff that this will be their final year at Souths… Surely with the job they are doing, no club or person would be silly enough to push them out.
Has anyone else heard this?