• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2024

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
2nd win of the season by Norths over Souths 27-17 - Norths battled hard - Souths spilt a lot of ball
I’ve previously said that I think the Norths Colts 1’s could be a suprise package 2nd half of the year, they have some good talent in there and most losses have been tight.

Both South’s losses have been to Norths and they are a good colts side, I heard from a reliable source partly young Dallimore is at Brothers as couldn’t make the Souths 1’s team, and then also to play with his nudgee mates.

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
I’ve previously said that I think the Norths Colts 1’s could be a suprise package 2nd half of the year, they have some good talent in there and most losses have been tight.

Both South’s losses have been to Norths and they are a good colts side, I heard from a reliable source partly young Dallimore is at Brothers as couldn’t make the Souths 1’s team, and then also to play with his nudgee mates.
Dallimore never went to Souths. He was offered a spot in the Norths academy, knocked it back and then went to Wests for a few weeks before ending up at the Filth.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow, who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Norths would knock over Souths in Colts 1, not once, but twice? It’s great for Norths rugby as well as the competition and long may it continue as for far too long, Norths have been the easy-beats. The Eagles have been building over the last few years and it’s just rewards for the hard work they’ve done to keep a hold of there good young juniors of the last few years at the club.

I bet the lads down at the Bulldogs kennel are very happy as they’re now back on top of the ladder after a hard-fought, but gutsy bonus point win over UQ in a high scoring affair.

Wests and Souths appear to be very comfortable at the head of the table and will be hard to knock off for the double chance opportunity to make the GF later this year. However, Brothers have the opportunity to keep the pressure on the top two with a game in hand after the bye in the weekend with some big games still to come in Round 2.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Table after Round 9

Attachments

• IMG_4595.png
    IMG_4595.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 67

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow, who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Norths would knock over Souths in Colts 1, not once, but twice? It’s great for Norths rugby as well as the competition and long may it continue as for far too long, Norths have been the easy-beats. The Eagles have been building over the last few years and it’s just rewards for the hard work they’ve done to keep a hold of there good young juniors of the last few years at the club.

I bet the lads down at the Bulldogs kennel are very happy as they’re now back on top of the ladder after a hard-fought, but gutsy bonus point win over UQ in a high scoring affair.

Wests and Souths appear to be very comfortable at the head of the table and will be hard to knock off for the double chance opportunity to make the GF later this year. However, Brothers have the opportunity to keep the pressure on the top two with a game in hand after the bye in the weekend with some big games still to come in Round 2.
Can’t see the Filth winning it this year. Lot of discontent down at Crosby Road.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)

Agree their junior and colts program have really improved over the last 5 years, however it always seems a struggle to hold these players when they hit Seniors. Interestingly Padua won the AIC rugby premiership yesterday over St Laurence’s with Padua being a strong feeder into Norths colts. Hopefully a good part of that crew ends up at Norths next year.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree. Norths have lost a lot of their games in the last couple of minutes by only a few points. They are a pretty young team so once they get a little more experience they should start to make some better decision s to close a few more out.That and a bit more rub of the green from the refs wouldn't go astray either. Think every game probably bar Wests they were more than capable of winning.

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
what sort of discontent? coaching? selection? culture? personality clash?
The whole lot you could say. Players aren’t happy with paying over $600 in fees and then get fresh benches each week.
The culture isn’t what it used to be is the general feeling around the place.

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
One look at Rugby Explorer show's that Brother's Colts are not running a fresh bench.
Every team there this year is running fresh benches of varying numbers. My point is that the players aren’t happy paying overs and only getting half a game (at best) each week..I know it was the rugby directors suggestion/directive to have squads of at least 18-20 for each team throughout the season. Whether that has transpired due to injuries etc. I‘m not sure. But I have spoken to a few people down there and the general vibe around the place isn’t good.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)

Great call, Norths have now beaten Souths and Uni last 2 weeks, 1st and 3rd. Having Will McCulloch at the back must help enormously. Guessing only one more game at best before he goes to the U20 World Cup

Oracle83

Cyril Towers (30)
Great call, Norths have now beaten Souths and Uni last 2 weeks, 1st and 3rd. Having Will McCulloch at the back must help enormously. Guessing only one more game at best before he goes to the U20 World Cup
They are a physical n skilled unit hopefully finally stringing it together and getting fitter. Didn’t see yesterdays game but there greatest influence comes from their forwards pereira etc

Could be in 3rd this time next week.

Sideline Hack

Peter Burge (5)
They are a physical n skilled unit hopefully finally stringing it together and getting fitter. Didn’t see yesterdays game but there greatest influence comes from their forwards pereira etc

Could be in 3rd this time next week.
Will be interesting to see what impact it has when Pereira’s gone in a few weeks time.

headhunter93

Frank Row (1)
Norths played really well yesterday. The score being 18-7 at halftime, with Norths scoring just after 1 minute of play. All credit goes to Norths but some serious questions need be aimed at UQ as they have lost their last 2 games and also drew with Sunnybank (no disrespect to them, they're doing well). For the calibre of players that UQ have, you would assume they would be competing with Souths. Must be a problem with their Premier Colts side at UQ, as their Colts 2, 3 and 4 are outright top of the tables. Will be interesting to watch UQ vs GPS next week, as GPS are coming off 3 narrow loses and also only losing to UQ by 4 points last time. Im sensing an upset - GPS by 5.

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)
Colts 1 has been their strongest team for much of the past 5 years, they get good talent but can’t hold them into the grades system, fair few currently that are deservedly getting 1st grade minutes off the bench. It looks like they pulled Will back down into Colts to help push for a top 4 finals spot.
Will be interesting to see what impact it has when Pereira’s gone in a few weeks time.
Where is Mac off to? He’ll be a massive loss for them.

I always wondered about this, a fair few ambitious players say how they want to play premier grade level rugby and thats why they wouldn’t go to Norths for Colts etc, but surely thats the realistically best club for an opportunity to get your first crack at Prem Grade at the younger age.

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
My very early crack at a Reds U19 team for this year.
  1. Macarius Periera (Norths)
  2. Oliver Barrett (Bond)
  3. Trevor King (Souths)
  4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
  5. Avery Thompson (GPS)
  6. Tom Robinson (UQ)
  7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
  8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
  9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
  10. Will Nason (Souths)
  11. Xavier Rubens (Souths)
  12. Dre Pakeho (Brothers)