• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts 2024

FTF

Stan Wickham (3)
My very early crack at a Reds U19 team for this year.
  1. Macarius Periera (Norths)
  2. Oliver Barrett (Bond)
  3. Trevor King (Souths)
  4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
  5. Avery Thompson (GPS)
  6. Tom Robinson (UQ)
  7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
  8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
  9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
  10. Will Nason (Souths)
  11. Xavier Rubens (Souths)
  12. Dre Pakeho (Brothers)
  13. Frankie Goldsbrough (Easts)
  14. Ileun Cornelius (Bond)
  15. Chace Oates (UQ
    RESERVES
  16. Finlay King (Wests)
  17. Daniel Christodoulou (UQ)
  18. Slater Galloway (Souths)
  19. Alex Watkins (Wests)
  20. PJ Su’a (Easts)
  21. James Martens (Wests)
  22. Ryan Shaw (Wests)
  23. Samuela Tuisau (UQ)
Who am I missing?
Periera is off to France and won’t be selected
Finlay King to start also Watkins to start as well over Robinson - Watkins more aggressive
Pakeho and Goldsbrough both out of the 23
Oates??? All 3 very overrated

Heaton is playing the house down and has to be the 12
Kluck from Norths deserves a bench spot.

Sideline Hack

Peter Burge (5)
My very early crack at a Reds U19 team for this year.
  1. Macarius Periera (Norths)
  2. Oliver Barrett (Bond)
  3. Trevor King (Souths)
  4. Fergus Gillan (Bond)
  5. Avery Thompson (GPS)
  6. Tom Robinson (UQ)
  7. Charlie Cooke (Wests)
  8. Vice Latu (Brothers)
  9. Callum Reidy (Norths)
  10. Will Nason (Souths)
  11. Xavier Rubens (Souths)
  12. Dre Pakeho (Brothers)
  13. Frankie Goldsbrough (Easts)
  14. Ileun Cornelius (Bond)
  15. Chace Oates (UQ
    RESERVES
  16. Finlay King (Wests)
  17. Daniel Christodoulou (UQ)
  18. Slater Galloway (Souths)
  19. Alex Watkins (Wests)
  20. PJ Su’a (Easts)
  21. James Martens (Wests)
  22. Ryan Shaw (Wests)
  23. Samuela Tuisau (UQ)
Who am I missing?

- Pereira and Su'a both off to France so won't be there
- Rauluni from Easts will be in the mix
- Simpson from Bond will be in the mix
- Heaton from Norths has been solid
- Don't know if he is 19 or 20 but Malum from Sunnybank has been good.
- McLaren (Sunnybank) has looked better in his Prem Grade outings than some of the Colts showings.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Periera is off to France and won’t be selected
Finlay King to start also Watkins to start as well over Robinson - Watkins more aggressive
Pakeho and Goldsbrough both out of the 23
Oates??? All 3 very overrated

Heaton is playing the house down and has to be the 12
Kluck from Norths deserves a bench spot.
Based on form, you’d have a lot more Wests and Souths players in the squad!

Players include Liam McGregor (No.8) who has been strong for Wests all year. James Martens has been the best half-back performing in 1st Grade as well and will start over Reidy IMO. Ollie Barrett to shift to loose-head to accomodate for the form of Finlay King who has been the most accurate in a dominant Wests line-out as well as his work-rate around the field and deserves to start.

South’s tight head prop Slater Galloway has to be in the squad somewhere as well as he has been in pretty good form for the Magpies.

Sideline Hack

Peter Burge (5)
Based on form, you’d have a lot more Wests and Souths players in the squad!

Players include Liam McGregor (No.8) who has been strong for Wests all year. James Martens has been the best half-back performing in 1st Grade as well and will start over Reidy IMO. Ollie Barrett to shift to loose-head to accomodate for the form of Finlay King who has been the most accurate in a dominant Wests line-out as well as his work-rate around the field and deserves to start.

South’s tight head prop Slater Galloway has to be in the squad somewhere as well as he has been in pretty good form for the Magpies.
Isn’t McGregor 20 this year?

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
- Pereira and Su'a both off to France so won't be there
- Rauluni from Easts will be in the mix
- Simpson from Bond will be in the mix
- Heaton from Norths has been solid
- Don't know if he is 19 or 20 but Malum from Sunnybank has been good.
- McLaren (Sunnybank) has looked better in his Prem Grade outings than some of the Colts showings.
What’s the go with France and our young Colts players? Surely the money isn’t much? Or is this how bad our pathways have become?

Sideline Hack

Peter Burge (5)
What’s the go with France and our young Colts players? Surely the money isn’t much? Or is this how bad our pathways have become?
Is this our favourite agents consistently taking players from our system? A shame for Marcus to leave would have been a future Wallaby for mine

Not sure who the favourite agent is but at the end of the day - there are only so many spots/contracts available at the Reds (or any other Super team - which will be exacerbated by the decision to take out the Rebels) so if the option is there to get a deal that allows a kid to fully commit to rugby - I think you find many would take up the option. At least they are still playing rugby.

Probably a discussion for another thread but I think the challenge moving forward is not to look at it as what is wrong with our pathways (the pathways are still churning out players) but what is wrong with the professional setup that it can't accommodate more kids who just want to play professional sport - where ever that opportunity might arise.

LevitatingSocks

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not sure who the favourite agent is but at the end of the day - there are only so many spots/contracts available at the Reds (or any other Super team - which will be exacerbated by the decision to take out the Rebels) so if the option is there to get a deal that allows a kid to fully commit to rugby - I think you find many would take up the option. At least they are still playing rugby.

Probably a discussion for another thread but I think the challenge moving forward is not to look at it as what is wrong with our pathways (the pathways are still churning out players) but what is wrong with the professional setup that it can't accommodate more kids who just want to play professional sport - where ever that opportunity might arise.
Not to be reductive, but what's wrong is a lack of money. Every other problem we face is downstream of that.

rapt

Stan Wickham (3)

Maybe put more into the junior super rugby pacific sides that they do? Have a spot where the colts players can be contracted to a super side, and there be an u21’s comp that runs alongside super, and simply have the u21’s be a curtain raiser to the super teams, I know personally i’d go into suncorp early if there was an u21’s game before.

You’d even go to lengths that players in this comp, the sides assist them in terms of apprenticeships/university

JRugby2

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe put more into the junior super rugby pacific sides that they do? Have a spot where the colts players can be contracted to a super side, and there be an u21’s comp that runs alongside super, and simply have the u21’s be a curtain raiser to the super teams, I know personally i’d go into suncorp early if there was an u21’s game before.

You’d even go to lengths that players in this comp, the sides assist them in terms of apprenticeships/university
I think this answers why this doesn't happen (below)
Not to be reductive, but what's wrong is a lack of money. Every other problem we face is downstream of that.

Also I feel that we probably need a fully fledged SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) womens comp before a U20s. But this is and will continue to a be problem for us. Less teams in super rugby won't make us stronger, we'll just lose more players due to a lack of opportunity