• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Oz S15 & Academy Squads 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Are there any super talents who will make their debut in S15 this season?

Assuming they get on the field - here are a few - Peter Betham, Nick Phipps, JP du Plessis, Liam Gill, Ed Stubbs (haven't see much of him but has big raps), PAE.

There are also some marquee players like Cipriani (if he shows up) and Gareth Delve.

Unknown quantities who might be super are the leaguies - Cooper Vuna, Luke Rooney, Jarrod Saffy

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assuming they get on the field - here are a few - Peter Betham, Nick Phipps, JP du Plessis, Liam Gill, Ed Stubbs (haven't see much of him but has big raps), PAE.

There are also some marquee players like Cipriani (if he shows up) and Gareth Delve.

Unknown quantities who might be super are the leaguies - Cooper Vuna, Luke Rooney, Jarrod Saffy

Hopefully Nic White can take over from Valentine and Phibbs at the Brumbies...

T

tranquility

Albert is in the top squad as a prop / third hooker. I have a feeling however that if push comes to shove he won't be the third hooker at the Reds. Very good player though and hopefully he can push on in Queensland as he been a standout schools footballer and young premier grade front rower.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Next year's super 15 is going to be huge. These teams all have at least one star (or former star in the case of mortlock the rebel), and apart from that particular team they all look really even across the board. Somebody mentioned that the teams with the most depth are the most likely to take the championship out and I agree, with the new extended season injuries are going to be taking their tolls and come finals qualifying time it will be at least your A- team playing, if not your B+ team. On that basis from the look of that the teams with the most depth are the Waratahs and the Reds, followed by force, brumbies with the rebels a distant fifth. They will of course be the wildcards though, but not as much as they could be - they need a more youthful squad.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I believe so, last I heard he was returning to QLD and playing with Sunnybank

Why did he get dropped, he played one game for them last year. Surely they wanted to see the Nudgee pair re-unite

R

Rothschild

This might seem a bit trite, but can anyone please tell me how many in a s15 squad.
It used to be 37 a few years back then was reduced to 33.
I ma now told the max squad size is 30 - can anyone confirm?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think it's not really fixed at the moment. The CBA is being renegotiated which might mention something, but I think the states are a lot more conservative with their lists now to save money. They might carry 30, knowing that a few injuries and they bring in a player from outside the squad means they then have to upgrade him to a full contract too, as well as paying the wages of the injured player.

So, anyway, roughly 30.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the Rebels are running 32, but harder for us to bring someone in (especially without an announced academy squad), than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.