• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Wanderers man, eh. I'm more or less Athletic so COB were kinda the common enemy but as I recall they put on a better feed & there were fewer guys at that end of the stand who wanted to smack my mates over hence that's where we tended to go for the quick beer after the game before moving on.
Hell no man,I'm an Athletic man, I managed their senior A's 95 & 96 ,son played for them although he played cricket for Old Boys

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
So what's with the Wallabies & Crusaders icons & the whole kiss of death thing? Are you in reality Robbie Deans?

Lol, I'm not Robbie. Unless he had a sex change & pulled back some years :p

I found out a year or two after starting Rugby back when I was 16 that my Da's side of the family were Sader supporters. They all played Rugby that side, Ma's side was more Loig. So, following their lead I decided to watch the Saders & take notes for my own game.

Both sides of my family are from NSW Country/Regional areas. We had a hard time warming to the Sydney centred Tahs. I tried supporting them at the beginning but I just didn't care whether they won or lost. Whereas the 2007 game in Pretoria where the Saders went down 27-12 - I was pissed off after that game. That's the moment I finally knew who my Super Rugby team was.

I dunno if I'm going to make the Force/Stormers game, though I want to (getting sleepy).

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I just can't believe the decision making in that game. Why did the Saders play so conservative even for their standards. None of those shots at goal were warranted. They had multiple chances to drive the knife into the sharks and then twist it. They could have buried them before half time and normally you would expect the Saders to be ruthless enough to do it. They let the Sharks build in confidence and then just kept feeding that confidence. The Sharks were fantastic in how they responded and nothing but full credit to the guts and smarts that they played with 14 men.

I came into the game wanting the Saders to pound them. I don't like the Sharks, I don't like Jake White and I don't like the boring brand of rugby they dish out. Buy half time even I was rooting for them and gobsmacked how dumb the Saders were playing. It all to clear who wanted the result more and I just couldn't help but support that initiative.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I just can't believe the decision making in that game. Why did the Saders play so conservative even for their standards. None of those shots at goal were warranted. They had multiple chances to drive the knife into the sharks and then twist it.

curious stuff indeed. I can only guess they felt they weren't making enough inroads into the Shawks comp-leading D so thought they would chip away and accrue points that way and the "gaps would open later"? Hardly an excuse vs 13 or 14 though! Plus missed Dagg's boot getting them downtown. TTaylor was absolute rubbish, HIGHLY predicatble kicking and no running ability or threat at all. Shawks knew exactly what was coming and just sat back waiting for it

Dont think Crot the Grot will be doing much more captaining. ALLL that experience in the forwards too. Surpirised Mccaw didnt just say "I'm the captain now, just go and fuckin' stand over there. And hand over that stupid beard too, I'm confiscating it. No more silly buggers."

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am surprised Dismal Pillock that you are not advocating Luke Whitelock to be given the captaincy.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I am surprised Dismal Pillock that you are not advocating Luke Whitelock to be given the captaincy.

lukebraid_zpsd90e18bf.jpg

"I don't play for Canterbury. You are confused."
-Luke Braid-Whitelock.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Thanks for the link, sadly the page was pretty much blank so in desperation I went to PlanetRugby & found this:

"Eye gouge? Ed O'Donoghue
Related links
Teams
Queensland Reds
Sharks
Sent-off Super Rugby pair Ed O'Donoghue of the Reds and the Sharks' Jean Deysel face hearings to determine their fates.

Deysel is alleged to have contravened Law 10.4 (b) Stamping or trampling. The incident occurred during the match between the Crusaders and Sharks at AMI Stadium, Addington in Christchurch on Saturday 17 May 2014. The referee for the match, Rohan Hoffman, issued a red card for the incident which occurred in the 16th minute.

O'Donoghue is alleged to have contravened Law 10.4 (m) Acts contrary to good sportsmanship. The incident occurred during the match between the Reds and Rebels at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday 17 May 2014. The referee for the match, Steve Walsh, issued a red card for the incident which occurred in the 79th minute.

Both cases are to be considered in the first instance by SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Nicholas Davidson QC (Quade Cooper).

All SANZAR disciplinary matters are in the first instance referred to a Duty Judicial Officer hearing to provide the option of expediting the judicial process.

For a matter to be dispensed with at this hearing, the person appearing must plead guilty and accept the penalty offered by the DJO."

Got the hell outa there ASAP but still feel I need a shower & a beer or 3.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Agree with Red Card for Deysel, what he did was unacceptable.
But why wasn't the Crusader No 7 given a Yellow Card for provoking the incident?
He was holding back a key defensive player inside their own 22.
Overall I thought the ref handled an aggressive game well.

M

Muttonbird

I just can't believe the decision making in that game. Why did the Saders play so conservative even for their standards. None of those shots at goal were warranted. They had multiple chances to drive the knife into the sharks and then twist it. They could have buried them before half time and normally you would expect the Saders to be ruthless enough to do it. They let the Sharks build in confidence and then just kept feeding that confidence. The Sharks were fantastic in how they responded and nothing but full credit to the guts and smarts that they played with 14 men.

I came into the game wanting the Saders to pound them. I don't like the Sharks, I don't like Jake White and I don't like the boring brand of rugby they dish out. Buy half time even I was rooting for them and gobsmacked how dumb the Saders were playing. It all to clear who wanted the result more and I just couldn't help but support that initiative.

Tuned in about 60 mins. Couldn't believe the Crusaders were kicking. Would you not tire out 14 men by first doing them up the middle? Either they did not back their pack, or there is some poor coaching at work.

As for Jake White, doesn't he just turn every team he's in charge of into giants, boring or not?

He would have been a decent Wallaby coach.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
As for Jake White, doesn't he just turn every team he's in charge of into giants, boring or not?

Like Dingo was a quality Wallaby coach! Come to think of it, Dingo introduced that totally boring gameplan a year out from the World Cup too.

M

Muttonbird

Jake White has a much better pedigree over several different teams and levels than Dingo. He made Blackadder look like the novice he is last night.

Anyway, it's not boring if you win. He says himself, it's all about playing to the Laws.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
From stuff.co.nz:

"Hurricanes coach Mark Hammett has confirmed he will spend the next three years coaching in Wales."

Cardiff Blues to be exact.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Tuned in about 60 mins. Couldn't believe the Crusaders were kicking. Would you not tire out 14 men by first doing them up the middle? Either they did not back their pack, or there is some poor coaching at work.

He would be a decent coach anywhere. But the ARU couldn't take the risk. If he had introduced Jakeball to the Wallabies and then when we didn't execute and lost, it would have possibly been the financial end to the Wallabies as the fickle rugby supporter abandoned rugby for a prettier football code.

Picking Link was a bet each way. He might not win, but he might play enough attractive rugby to keep the wolves from the door for a little while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.