• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic comps

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Well that were a right flogging weren't it.

QF:
1. Wellington v 8. Waikato
2. Taranaki v 7. Tasman
3. Canterbury v 6. Auckland
4. Bay of Plenty v Hawkes Bay

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Magpies got some 'splaining to do...

IMG_1198.JPG

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Magpies got some 'splaining to do...

View attachment 17638

I really pissed so much at HB team. I don't give 2 f***s if the players thought they were celebrating, and regardless somebody needs to get a complete arse kicking, including who decided the idiot that took it home and let it get damaged was responsible enough! They won the shield, NZR have taken it back to get it repaired etc, and they have also blown a great promotional tool for rest of season!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The bloke who repairs the Shield reckons the white powder is likely from the plaster he used to pack the silver boss of the Shield before it was attached to the timber* backing so it wouldn't dent so easily. Doesn't really explain the rolled-up whatever it is, but...

* Worth noting it's oak which doesn't readily split on account of the grain being more mesh-like than say pine or cedar so I don't really buy the "it fell on the floor" explanation.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The bloke who repairs the Shield reckons the white powder is likely from the plaster he used to pack the silver boss of the Shield before it was attached to the timber* backing so it wouldn't dent so easily. Doesn't really explain the rolled-up whatever it is, but...

* Worth noting it's oak which doesn't readily split on account of the grain being more mesh-like than say pine or cedar so I don't really buy the "it fell on the floor" explanation.
Actually adult grandson (not a rugby man or anything) reckons it isn't coke as there no signs of it being in lines. Don't ask me !

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
QF1:

I shan't rub it in @zer0, @KiwiM & @Dismal Pillock as my lot will likely get slaughtered in QF3 at which I presume @Dan54 will be in attendance.
Well I would love to be there, but just got home from being in Plamy for a week with Great-Grandies, and genuinly haven't got it in me to drive up to New Plymouth! I not overly confident either was at last Naki/Makos game and your lot deservedly won it!

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And did you just watch the Wellington/Waikato game? That is probably most enjoyable game of rugby I have watched for quite sometime, including WC games. It was f***en non stop, Waikato came back from 21-7 at oranges, gets to 32-28 Wellington with minutes to go, then after 80 minutes Waikato had 30 odd phases in Welly's 22 just throwing themselves at the defence , and Welly hung on. Even as a neutral I yelling at TV .
That's rugby or even sport as it should be!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Well I would love to be there, but just got home from being in Plamy for a week with Great-Grandies, and genuinly haven't got it in me to drive up to New Plymouth! I not overly confident either was at last Naki/Makos game and your lot deservedly won it!

Getting a bit soft eh Dan?

I'd be a lot more confident wrt Mako's chances had they not utterly capitulated last week v Steamers.

Mooloos were unlucky IMO but you've gotta admire Wellys defending that many phases without conceding a penalty (goes to show it's possible to not concede one every time the opposition visits your 22): Mooloos are kinda my second team these days, there's a coupla kids in there who're apprentice builders with customers of ours & one of them's sister in law works with us.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
If I understand the new SF format correctly it's 1. Wellington v winner of 4. BOP v 5. HB (wouldn't that be a tasty rematch!) & 2. 'naki v 3. Cantabs which may look a bit same old same old but only because no lower-seeded team has managed to tip over their higher-seeded opponent.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Those numbskulls should forfeit the Shield and instead be given a garrishly-coloured insulting small plastic kiddies shield.

Not forever though.

LOL!

Just for as long into the future as the Shield has been played for in the past history of NZ Rugby.

So the next 121 years then.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Getting a bit soft eh Dan?

I'd be a lot more confident wrt Mako's chances had they not utterly capitulated last week v Steamers.

Mooloos were unlucky IMO but you've gotta admire Wellys defending that many phases without conceding a penalty (goes to show it's possible to not conceded one every time the opposition visits your 22): Mooloos are kinda my second team these days, there's a coupla kids in there who're apprentice builders with customers of ours & one of them's sister in law works with us.
Soft is the word mate!!! Seems age has decided that I am slowing down & making me tired. By the time I drove from Plamy to Levin this morning and then home to Hawera, I admit to being stuffed.

And too add I was stuffed, I wrote the post last night and forgot to post it!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ get Mrs Dan to fetch you a blanket for your knees & a cup of cocoa (extra milk, extra sugar) & im sure you'll be fine...

So the Shield Busters have come from behind & downed the Steamers to set up a SF v Wellys. Should be tasty, that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I will have to pace myself this week, New Plymouth on Friday night for the game against Canterbury. I actually thought one of things we had going well last night was 2 actual locks, most of season we been seemingly fill in the position with the injuries etc. With Tom Franklin and Josh Lord we got decent targets in lineout!