• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ domestic competitions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're*

Bob McCowan (2)
Aumua was immense. Lousi was outstanding. Milner-Skudder was class. Savea was meh.
As much as I love the bus, Shag and co. definitely made the right call.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Friday's highlights:

Good to see Guildford back playing, hopefully he can stay on the straight & narrow this time.........

Heartland starts today, in many ways it's my favourite comp even if the days of guys getting discovered in it & going on to have a pro career are largely over: pretty sure Marty Banks (Buller) is be the only current Super Rugby or higher-level player to have started in Heartland.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez I enjoyed the Wellington/Taranaki game. Certainly seems there is one or two promising young fellas coming through in NZ. None impresses me more than young Aumua the Wellington hooker, I think that boy has a very big future if he doesn't get injured. I know all on this forum will be relieved to hear we got some good ones coming through.:rolleyes:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Woo-hoo! Mighty 'nua have DESTROYED North Otago 22-19.

Horowhenua Kapiti 22 (Kalim Kelemete, Ethan Pollock, James So'oialo tries; So'oialo 2 con, pen) North Otago 19 (Lisala Halaeva try; Dan Lewis pen; Josh Buckham con, 3 pen). HT: 3-6

Video to possibly follow........

In other results:

Buller 27-24 South Cant'y
East Coast 13-42 Thames Valley
King Country 6-17 West Coast
Mid Cant'y 34-5 Poverty Bay
Wanganui 79-7 Wairarapa Bush

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co.nz/News/31291/wanganui-make-impressive-start

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Didn't watch it, but sounds like Auckland was involved in another cripple fight. They need a proper rugby coach, not another old boy appointment in Nic White. FFS the St Kents coaches would probably do a better job.

Speaking of which, apparently the crowd was halved from that of the preceding 1st XV final. Wouldn't blame them. Even the lower grade 1A sides tend to produce more entertaining rugby than fuddy duddy Nic White and his turgid retinue of rugby spastics.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Woo-hoo! Mighty 'nua have DESTROYED North Otago 22-19.

Horowhenua Kapiti 22 (Kalim Kelemete, Ethan Pollock, James So'oialo tries; So'oialo 2 con, pen) North Otago 19 (Lisala Halaeva try; Dan Lewis pen; Josh Buckham con, 3 pen). HT: 3-6

Video to possibly follow.
Geez obviously a one sided game WOB with mighty Nua just playing with them. Look forward to the video highlights;), and will obviously be about an hour long!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Yesterday's highlights:

Bledisloe Cup retained, Women's Rugby World Cup regained & Ranfurly Shield to come at 16:30 local, quite the 24 hours for this footy fan!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Not sure why no Auckland v Northland highlights, perhaps there were none worth compiling, but here's todays:

WTF's up with Tasman? Premiership runners-up last year, pasted by Cant'y last week & now touched up by a Championship side.

Otago gave it their usual red-hot go but came up short:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
IMG_0775.JPG

zer0

John Thornett (49)
The fuddy-duddy, old boy appointment Nic White continues to flounder. His inept Auckland side has conspired to lose, at home, to a Waikato U20s side whose best known player is renowned as an alcoholic first, and occasional rugby player second.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Lol you right zer0, geez Auckland seem to be looking for new ways to lose games. They were pretty ordinary, not one bit of real thinking play displayed by them I though.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Cantabs looking ominous & have a promising new 5/8 in Brett Cameron, 20:

At this stage only Waikato look likely to push Cant'y hard enough to possibly tip them over, shame they play in Cheechee not here in the Tron.

Mighty nua are in Gizzy today looking to extend their domination of 2017 Heartland rugby to two in a row :)

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Cantabs looking ominous & have a promising new 5/8 in Brett Cameron, 20:

At this stage only Waikato look likely to push Cant'y hard enough to possibly tip them over, shame they play in Cheechee not here in the Tron.

Mighty nua are in Gizzy today looking to extend their domination of 2017 Heartland rugby to two in a row :)

Obviously we are seeing another mighty Nua dynasty taking shape WOB, the question that is no doubt on everyone's lips, who can beat them?;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The rampage continues:

Horowhenua-Kapiti 39-5 Poverty Bay

In other & obviously less momentous results:

North Otago 31-25 Mid Cant'y
Thames Valley 19-21 Wanganui
Wairarapa Bush 36/10 East Coast
West Coast 19-34 Buller
South Cant'y 42-36 King Country

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-win-over-wanganui-in-heartland-championships

Meanwhile Otago hosted Manawatu in the early Mitre 10 Cup game today:

Followed by Southland v Northland:

Status
Not open for further replies.