• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
#23 is a school boy?!!!!!!!!!!!

Sully,
I think you will find that the match was an U19 Colts fixture....and that Horwitz was the only "schoolboy" playing...

Mind you - tackling No 23 would have been "interesting" no matter what the age !

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Further to the posts regarding the 2013 competition, and the prophesied ladder positions ( back around Posts 230 - 240'ish IIRC),
has anyone heard any more "noise" about the 2013 season comp being a formal 2 round, home and away competition, for 1st & 2nd XV's - excluding Grammar & High. The 3rd XV competion might therefore be a 9 team comp, including Grammar, High & TAS.

Some indication that a significant amount of work has gone into this proposal, and it is close to being signed off on ?? (Even to the extent of having potential draws for all age groups involved.)

Now, what would that do to the prognosticators, and their Comp Tables..

What impact on Club rugby too ??

Some thoughts please ?

Cheers
The Hound

Confirming I have heard the same about next years program. Seems like a good change to turn trial games into matches, balance out the relative strengths of schools etc. I hope it can run well as there will be some logisitical challenges. I don't see how this would change the current impacts on club rugby? I understand the draw will still be the same days over the same school terms.

M

magpie52

The above mail is correct.

It has now been confirmed there will be a 6 team, 10 round home & away comp. Riverview announced it today. This will flow through to the 13s "At this stage we anticipate there will be no byes for any team and hopefully there will be less variation with teams playing fixtures against teams and schools of similar size and standard"

As stated above the 3rd XV comp will be one round with 9 teams.

A very good decision.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
congrats MB....Your contribution to GPS rugby in such a short time is well noted. I shall ward you the GOLD medal...not yellow

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)

It has now been confirmed there will be a 6 team, 10 round home & away comp. Riverview announced it today. This will flow through to the 13s "At this stage we anticipate there will be no byes for any team and hopefully there will be less variation with teams playing fixtures against teams and schools of similar size and standard"

A very good decision.

Confirm this also from Newington! Great news for the comp - and will be interesting to see how teams maintain and manage their squads through a longer competitive season!

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
I understand that this new H&A competition is expected to commence on 1 June 2013. If correct, then this would allow possibly 2 trial matches following the AAGPS Athletics, with 3 Rounds prior to the end of Term 2, and the remaining 7 rounds to roll out in term 3, finishing on 31/8. ( Unless I have looked at the wrong year's calendar !)

This will leave a 4 weekend break in June / July for Rep fixtures to be held. Not sure if LG has any further info on inbound touring teams yet, and when these matches are likely to be played ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I think 2013 is a UK tour for the Aust Schoolboys. 2009 was the last one and typically they go every 4 years.

Injury management vs Match fitness will needed to be carefully managed.

There were a few lads who missed out on rep honours and tours this year through injuries.

In a collision sport, injuries are a cruel fact of life.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)

A very good decision.

Does this mean that neither of Grammar or High will have teams competing in GPS U13s to U16s?

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Does this mean that neither of Grammar or High will have teams competing in GPS U13s to U16s?

The way I read this is that everything will be as normal (?) until the 3rds, where Grammar, High and Tas will play ( going by the comment from Magpie52 ) :

"As stated above the 3rd XV comp will be one round with 9 teams."

Would that be right?

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
I understand that its the 1sts and 2nds that will play the 10 rounds - home & away. The 3rds and all other teams across all age lower age groups will play the one round of 9 teams.

M

magpie52

I understand that its the 1sts and 2nds that will play the 10 rounds - home & away. The 3rds and all other teams across all age lower age groups will play the one round of 9 teams.

Surely that can't be right. That would mean in the junior age groups High will get beaten 100+ to nill each week. Remember they were not playing the As this year in any age group and were getting flogged. And high, Grammar or TAS don't have the depth to play a full round against the junior age groups. Riverview said there should be 'no byes for any team'

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

Great news about a 10 round home and away season. Tragedy that Grammar with its magnificent rugby heritage has succumbed after such a long history of contribution to schoolboy rugby not to mention the contribution its rugby alumni have made to suburban, SRU, NSWRU and ARU rugby. Commiserations to those many Grammar old boys who must be shaking their heads about the demise of the support the school has given to rugby in recent years.

I'm intrigued about how the 3rds comp will run in tandem with the 1sts and 2nds - I assume that the 2nds teams will have to carry reserves as the 3rds with a different competition set up may not be able to play at the same venues as the 1sts and 2nds sides?

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Surely that can't be right. That would mean in the junior age groups High will get beaten 100+ to nill each week. Remember they were not playing the As this year in any age group and were getting flogged. And high, Grammar or TAS don't have the depth to play a full round against the junior age groups. Riverview said there should be 'no byes for any team'

I see your point. I am not so confident I have my facts right now. It would make more sense to keep TAS, Grammar and High as a combined round like last year with the teams graded. Not doubt someone will set us straight.

M

magpie52

And TAS were getting well beaten by the other school Cs this year. It makes no sense to make them play the As next year.

It would only mean more uncontested scrums, kids getting injured because of a mis match and 100 point thrashings.

This is more of what Riverview said today

''The change of draw also has a very positive effect on all fixtures from the under 13s right through to the opens. At this stage we anticipate there will be no byes for any team and hopefully there will be less variation with teams playing fixtures against teams and schools of similar size and standard. I believe this is a very positive step for the GPS competition and games will now be played competitively according to ability.,

M

magpie52

Hollowman just saw your last post after I posted mine.

I'm with you. Don't really know how it will all work. Maybe they have not got into that detail either ?

Status
Not open for further replies.