• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarveyColon

and if not, a suitable replacement will find itself at scots in no time

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Looking at the National U16 Champs on Day1 I reckon the 2 speedsters from Alstoneville will / should come to Sydney to do their HSC years. The boys are Joey Fittock (wing) and Frank Calugay (centre) are the two bolters from non independent schools in the NSW Schools team.

Alstoneville must have something happening as they also have Jake McIntyre playing flyhalf in the Aust Schools test team in NZ currently.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Jake stayed up there. Maybe Joey and Frank like to surf or whatever?

I saw the whippet Joey cradled off after his second try today. Knee perhaps? Possibly serious.

He is very very slick. His mate Frank is not too far behing him.

If they do come to the big smoke for HSC, then that would make it all the more difficult for CHS to field a competitive team at Open schoolboy grade.

It must be a little demoralising for the almost good CHS boys to see all their best talent moving to the big smoke.

I can't blame the kids and their parents for chosing to move schools for a perceived career advantage.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Maybe Joey and Frank like to surf or whatever?If they do come to the big smoke for HSC, then that would make it all the more difficult for CHS to field a competitive team at Open schoolboy grade.

It must be a little demoralising for the almost good CHS boys to see all their best talent moving to the big smoke.

I can't blame the kids and their parents for chosing to move schools for a perceived career advantage

Ditto NSW Country

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^^

There are several Country (of origin) boys that I know of in the NSW Schools team:
Walker, Crichton, Fittock, Calugay.

and one of two long established Boarders that I think may be Country lads.

I am sure that the list will be completed by those more in the know.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^
Isn't he there already? He wore #11 for GPS B at Knox U16 Schools Competition in June. Pretty sure he had Scots socks on then.

S

Sydneybra

He has been at Scots since year 7 I meant that he will be the likely replacement on the wing as he played 2nds last year, i didn't mean it as he is being imported

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
As with this year, the 2013 GPS premiers will be the team with the most dominant forward pack - how are the sides shaping up?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
He has been at Scots since year 7 I meant that he will be the likely replacement on the wing as he played 2nds last year, i didn't mean it as he is being imported
Funny how we have to put that in...seems that our pre mentioned junior program which has been roundly praised doesn't count for anything...everyone still refers to Tom bowman as a famous import from years gone by as well...sigh..

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Further to the posts regarding the 2013 competition, and the prophesied ladder positions ( back around Posts 230 - 240'ish IIRC),
has anyone heard any more "noise" about the 2013 season comp being a formal 2 round, home and away competition, for 1st & 2nd XV's - excluding Grammar & High. The 3rd XV competion might therefore be a 9 team comp, including Grammar, High & TAS.

Some indication that a significant amount of work has gone into this proposal, and it is close to being signed off on ?? (Even to the extent of having potential draws for all age groups involved...)

Now, what would that do to the prognosticators, and their Comp Tables....

What impact on Club rugby too ??

Some thoughts please ?

Cheers
The Hound

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Further to the posts regarding the 2013 competition, and the prophesied ladder positions ( back around Posts 230 - 240'ish IIRC),
has anyone heard any more "noise" about the 2013 season comp being a formal 2 round, home and away competition, for 1st & 2nd XV's - excluding Grammar & High. The 3rd XV competion might therefore be a 9 team comp, including Grammar, High & TAS.

Some indication that a significant amount of work has gone into this proposal, and it is close to being signed off on ?? (Even to the extent of having potential draws for all age groups involved.)

Now, what would that do to the prognosticators, and their Comp Tables..

What impact on Club rugby too ??

Some thoughts please ?

Cheers
The Hound
yes, I have heard similar. heard that Scots Sportsmaster had tabled every school's sportsmaster with their 2013 Winter Fixture Lists, that involves some 2000 fixtures! My only concern is that he hasn't done the 'politics' and walked each school through it individually to get their agreement before the Big meeting to sign-off.

S

Sydneybra

Mike Kennedy (View) hard to notice this year with a weak 5/8 but he can control a game and a mint ball

He had Alex Lyons this year at 5/8, hard to say he was weak as he had an outstanding year in 2011 in the 1st XV playing as a 16 year old student along with NSW Schools U16. One of Views only shining backs and hopefully will be back next season.

F

fleshman

He had Alex Lyons this year at 5/8, hard to say he was weak as he had an outstanding year in 2011 in the 1st XV playing as a 16 year old student along with NSW Schools U16. One of Views only shining backs and hopefully will be back next season.
He is a great player but definitely not at 5/8. Fairly positive he is not returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.