• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
No difficulties there: if you want to learn what rugby is all about wear the pink and blue for 6, 7 or 8 years.

I know Joeys had a reputation of keeping boys back in the 60s to play in the Firsts (great family people Joeys players, always took their wives and children to watch them play!), but to repeat year 12 two, or three, times in the modern era's stretching it a bit.

PS. For those of you who don't know, Joeys doesn't have a junior school. Nor does High.
PPS. I'll bite: it gives me the shits to hear NH refs refer to us as "yellow", and it's antagonistic to call Joeys colour "pink". From what I've seen Joeys seem to've altered all the various reds and pinks to a proper cerise on everything a few years ago.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I know Joeys had a reputation of keeping boys back in the 60s to play in the Firsts (great family people Joeys players, always took their wives and children to watch them play!), but to repeat year 12 two, or three, times in the modern era's stretching it a bit.

PS. For those of you who don't know, Joeys doesn't have a junior school. Nor does High.
PPS. I'll bite: it gives me the shits to hear NH refs refer to us as "yellow", and it's antagonistic to call Joeys colour "pink". From what I've seen Joeys seem to've altered all the various reds and pinks to a proper cerise on everything a few years ago.
Whenever I choose a bloody colour scheme on a computer I find myself inexorably drawn to cerise and blue. Is this subliminal, a mark of my respect for the Jo boys, or is it the contrast?
It's taken me a long time to come to terms with this affliction and admit it in public.
One has to be able to get under their skin by calling it pink and harking back to those days when a few sly grogs were available after the game in the shed at the south western end, which seems to have been converted to a shrine in more recent times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Whenever I choose a bloody colour scheme on a computer I find myself inexorably drawn to cerise and blue. Is this subliminal, a mark of my respect for the Jo boys, or is it the contrast?
It's taken me a long time to come to terms with this affliction and admit it in public.
One has to be able to get under their skin by calling it pink and harking back to those days when a few sly grogs were available after the game in the shed at the south western end, which seems to have been converted to a shrine in more recent times.

Actually IS - the ability to imbibe still exists and in the same spot! Except you probably have to buy a scarf or something! Forget the subliminal stuff - keep it simple and go with black & white if you are looking for contrast! :). Cheers, Wreckless

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Actually IS - the ability to imbibe still exists and in the same spot! Except you probably have to buy a scarf or something! Forget the subliminal stuff - keep it simple and go with black & white if you are looking for contrast! :). Cheers, Wreckless
Really?
Is there a code word?

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've been told the shed down the south-western end now has a liquor licence and is run by the Joeys Old Boys.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I've been told the shed down the south-western end now has a liquor licence and is run by the Joeys Old Boys.

An easy way to raise funds, but I am not entirely convinced that grog and teenage footy is a good mix.

My snouts tell me that alcohol may have been a contributing factor to the activities at Sylvania recently, when the Coogee Seahorses played Sylvania Bulldogs in the Under 16's and the police and several ambulances were required to quell things after matters got out of hand.

Several issues also involving silly old boys and excess alcohol at some GPS games a year or two back. Only takes a couple of clowns to spoil it for the vast majority.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think you'll find that the Joeys bar only opens post game and for a limited time frame - it's a good place to celebrate the rare away wins at Joeys or commiserate with fellow travelling supporters about the one that got away.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think you'll find that the Joeys bar only opens post game and for a limited time frame - it's a good place to celebrate the rare away wins at Joeys or commiserate with fellow travelling supporters about the one that got away.
My one and only experience involved my father and a mate of his having a beer while his son (Joeys #8) and me (SGS#8) stood there awkwardly: more awkward for them than us as we had just beaten them!

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
2013 King's School Dream Team
1) Lucus Bateman
2)Jono Bourke
3)James King/Nick Brown
4)Ben Stacey
5)Sam Connor?
6)Robert Black
7) Jack McCalman
8)David Ballantyne
9) Rory Davis
10)Corey Tulloch
11) James Kane
12)Will Davies
13)John Robertson
14)Tom Bucknell
15) Harry Jones

Remember this team was the premiership winners of the 16A's in 2011!! With add on players from year 10's

I heard during the week that Harry Jones has left Kings and gone to Barker so that will leave a bit of a hole in Kings attack for 2013. Big help for Barker to repeat this years CAS premiership though.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
I heard during the week that Harry Jones has left Kings and gone to Barker so that will leave a bit of a hole in Kings attack for 2013. Big help for Barker to repeat this years CAS premiership though.
that will then place James Kane in at 15 (from 11 where he is not a winger)

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
that will then place James Kane in at 15 (from 11 where he is not a winger)

He did not play well on the wing against us. Josh Wilde left him grabbing at thin air when he beat him one on one on at least three occasions two of which resulted in tries. I hear he attacks well from 15 though.

S

Sydneybra

Has anyone thought how good it would be for the rugby boys if they started a 7's competition all through summer. Would provide great skills and mainly fitness to the boys in the off season

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
He did not play well on the wing against us. Josh Wilde left him grabbing at thin air when he beat him one on one on at least three occasions two of which resulted in tries. I hear he attacks well from 15 though.

Kane did also not play well against Scots as he missed those crucial tackles which led to Scots slaughtering Kings.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Guys, James Kane is a really good footballer with a great left boot, reliable goal kicker and who has contributed a great deal to his many age teams. Thrusting him onto the wing 2 years up maybe wasn't a wise decision but I am sure he will be an even better player for it. His best position IMHO is 15 (or 10/12).

S

Sydneybra

Especially defending against ball carriers like Kellaway, Jim Steward, Dylan Holmes, David horwitz ect...

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Especially defending against ball carriers like Kellaway, Jim Steward, Dylan Holmes, David horwitz ect.

Hey SB - you can't choose who you defend against! You have to do it all day - come what or who may!!! :). Ask any of the Wallabies after the Boks game!

If we want to start the kicking debate again ( ? ) then the raking left boot of Ellis Abrahams at New is the benchmark to me!I loved it this season when they tossed him the pill and he just ripped it long for field position!

BraBoy - is Ellis back next year?

S

Sydneybra

Hey SB - you can't choose who you defend against! You have to do it all day - come what or who may!!! :). Ask any of the Wallabies after the Boks game!

If we want to start the kicking debate again ( ? ) then the raking left boot of Ellis Abrahams at New is the benchmark to me!I loved it this season when they tossed him the pill and he just ripped it long for field position!

BraBoy - is Ellis back next year?

Yes he is only in year 11

Status
Not open for further replies.