• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bighughie

With all this talk about Joeys and their 16 year olds playing First XV and being either strong enough, or not (whichever angle you are taking), just thought I'd mention that New are apparently playing 4, possibly 5, 16s in firsts this weekend. Not sure whether that tells you that New don't rate Joeys much, or whether these New boys are as up to the task as their Joeys counterparts apparently are, but it does mean that the sides should be fairly balanced in terms of having a mix of young uns and old uns.

Then why is everyone making a great big fuss about the year 10's at joeys

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
8, 9 and 15 who played last week against Shore, and one possibly two other backs although not sure what positions they will be playing.

S

sick_kent

Why use that as an excuse to downtalk the players who have worked hard to acheive their goals

now bighughie,
i never doubted their hard work to acheive their goals however i still firmly believe that now the standard of players from the current Joey's firsts team is lower than in previous years. Through this belief i come to the conclusion that the year tens in the joey's 1's would not be there if the bar of standard players in the Joey's 1's was higher.

M

mkidd

I'm only gently suggesting it mkidd, but those new forwards are not small and safety these days does seem to rank highly with refs (I haven't been around GPS rugby long enough to know of similar situations). I thought the SHORE forwards were quite organised and despite this were still reversing at a fast walking speed. By all accounts the Joeys scrum may be smaller than SHORE's....although I would challenge any team to find a smaller hooker!

Isn't there an old rule about GPS scrums only being allowed to move 1 or 1.5 m? Can anyone throw any light on this?

Also the new boy, I think his name was Oscar Lee P or something, seems at the centre of everything in the forwards and he went off with 15 to play with what looked like a thigh injury? Anyone know? He looked VERY useful, had red headgear.
As I say I'm not sure one can read too much into the new Joeys game this weekend. Everyone here seems to be talking about the Joeys backs....alll sounds great but you need to get the ball first! I wouldn't have thought the new boys will be kicking to the Joeys 15! He looks sensational. Of note perhaps the new kicking game last week was poor and I thought the new fullback was average at best.
i did not watch the SHORE game last weekend but im sure that NEW dominated in size in the scrums but who knows like you said not too much can be read into this game and maybe you shouldnt underestimate joeys because in the past they have pulled off some amazing stuff like against kings with the 21-20 game, when joeys broke kings fence, if anyone saw that.even though this is only a trial game it should be interesting this weekend

M

mkidd

Then why is everyone making a great big fuss about the year 10's at joeys
it is highly unusual that up to 6 u16 players are in the 1s and 2s (sandell, pennisi, curtin, deegan, schwager(yr11), hardy)

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pat Curtain is out with a foot injury for the rest of this term possibly back next term Joeys backline for this weekend is the same as last weekend

B

bighughie

does anyone know of any other schools playing large numbers of year 10's in their opens

M

mwynn

Firstly joeys dont persist with putting U16 players in the opens. there have really only been two players in the history of st josephs rugby that were in the 1st rugby in yr 10 they were kurtley beale and darren junne with the latter only playing 3 games and you need 4 games to be counted in the team. secondly these boys are there because the yr 12 this year is not particularly strong in the rugby area so these boys have all been given the chance and none are strugling at the level they are currently at wheather it be 1st or 2nds

David Hickey, joeys hooker finished year 12 two years ago played the whole season in the starting lineup for the firsts in year 10. there have been plenty of others

M

mkidd

If we could refrain from comments like that mkidd, we don't want this forum to turn out like sportal.
and who are you.... i just wanted to mention high because they are a valid gps school and have not been mentioned in any comments thus far thankyou very much

M

mkidd

Mkidd you sound like exactly the kind of troll that got both GPS QLD and NSW done from sportal a year back. I won't say anything more but I'd watch yourself because to put it in rugby terms your isolated here.
ok then

R

Richm8nd

Mkidd you sound like exactly the kind of troll that got both GPS QLD and NSW done from sportal a year back. I won't say anything more but I'd watch yourself because to put it in rugby terms your isolated here.

I completley agree here spikhaza, bighughie earlier made a comment but mkidd did not take heed in his warning

U

unclechester

has anyone remembered that high and grammar are part of the gps as well ahahahaha 1.ching 2. chow 3. chung 4. chin 5. wong
Oooooooh he'll be in SO much trouble when Lee Grant gets back

S

sick_kent

you sound like some stuck up prick.i wont say anything more but i wasnt directing my speech towards you thankyou

now mkidd,
theres no need for poor langauage, spikhaza was simply giving you warning about previous incidents involving rugby forums.
please just try and keep this forum a good quality rugby discussion, theres no need for stereotypical comments or rude language.

M

mkidd

now mkidd,
theres no need for poor langauage, spikhaza was simply giving you warning about previous incidents involving rugby forums.
please just try and keep this forum a good quality rugby discussion, theres no need for stereotypical comments or rude language.
ok lets get back to rugby im sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.