• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
"Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle."
The miracle will be if Joeys get up - assuming that was what you meant. They can find all the "anger" they like, whatever that means, the simple fact is, they're gone this year. They've run out of options, the opposition knows what to expect, and it's the same old song with the same tired conductor. Their best chance is to hope for results to go their way in the last round, which could draw them level for a co-premiership.
Word on the street is they will try and open both ends of the Hawker Stand for the boys. Good idea if you ask me. Make sure the lads get around it and get around the boys playing. No doubt a nerve-racking week up ahead.
Biggest risk for Shore seems to be that they might play the game on Monday night. Conserve your energy it’s a long way to Saturday. When did Joeys last go to Northbridge as underdogs? The crown of expectations might sit heavily upon the collective noggin. Tough when they’re only familiar with straw boaters.

Last edited:

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
In reply, I would like to attribute some credit to the Shore cheer captains this year who have been phenomenal at driving turnout mainly to away games but also to Northbridge. It has been a fairly long time since Shore won an outright premiership. In fact, it has been a solid 55 years. Further to that, its been a solid 18 years since Shore have won a joint premiership. Therefore, get out there this weekend and cheer on the lads with all your heart. To the current Shore boys, it is lucky how well you lads are getting it. Only the true believers will be able to re-live and reaccount for the dungeon that was 2015-20 Shore Rugby. No doubt those Old Boys will be ready to cheer on themselves. Joker is right, the players most certainly feed off the crowd, and it will be critical no doubt to have the energy of the Blue and White Army down there this coming weekend. To the players, good luck. The 1st XV of 1969 (coached by Jika @Joker) will most certainly be cheering you on. Cheer loud, cheer proud, and bring it home lads!

View attachment 20166

View attachment 20163
Of note, also, is that 1969 1st XV's Vice-Captain, JA (Julian) Trebeck's son, Nick was a member of the 2nd XV who were also co-premiers in 2006.

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
"Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle."
The miracle will be if Joeys get up - assuming that was what you meant. They can find all the "anger" they like, whatever that means, the simple fact is, they're gone this year. They've run out of options, the opposition knows what to expect, and it's the same old song with the same tired conductor. Their best chance is to hope for results to go their way in the last round, which could draw them level for a co-premiership.
I tend to agree the last two weeks have been poor

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Joeys will have it all to do. Most likely without the player who committed an improper tackle on the weekend, at the Bridge. They've done it before so do not count them out at all. If we have learned one thing, its never count out a champion. Shore have not beat Joeys since 2009. Hells bells may be ringing for those Joeboys as the pressure mounts, Its destined to be a thriller...
1722859500040.png

Last edited:

runtheballup

Frank Row (1)
They can improve and build a program from 13/14 up. The push to add New is honourable but they have struggled to field a solid 3’s so let’s not make quick decision. A few years back folks wanted to drop Shore from 1s….. looks kinda silly last year and this year that suggestion
You've got a point, however, the Newington 3rds have dominated the 4ths comp for a few years in a row now (unfair being a 3rds team playing 4ths), and it is evident that (at least this year) the program is on the up. By this, I mean seeing their 2nds winning a few games on the trot where they haven't won even one comp game in years and firsts go close in every game they've played. Even if they get pumped by 20 every game they're at least worthy of a crack. Let me know your thoughts because I would like to see the New 3rds battle it out in the 3rds comp.
RunTheBallUp

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Joeys will have it all to do. Most likely without the player who committed an improper tackle on the weekend, at the Bridge. They've done it before so do not count them out at all. If we have learned one thing, its never count out a champion. Shore have not beat Joeys since 2012. Hells bells may be ringing for those Joeboys as the pressure mounts, Its destined to be a thriller... View attachment 20168
not since 2009

PBear

Allen Oxlade (6)
I love all the confidence about Shore winning this weekend. It reminds me when Joeys met Shore at Northbridge in 1991, maybe in Round 4 or 5. Both teams were undefeated at the time. Shore had colour programs printed for the day, reminiscing about past glories - this was to be their year also. Joeys won that day 41-0. Not suggesting a scoreline like that this week, but confident Joeys will secure their 58th premiership

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
I love all the confidence about Shore winning this weekend. It reminds me when Joeys met Shore at Northbridge in 1991, maybe in Round 4 or 5. Both teams were undefeated at the time. Shore had colour programs printed for the day, reminiscing about past glories - this was to be their year also. Joeys won that day 41-0. Not suggesting a scoreline like that this week, but confident Joeys will secure their 58th premiership
33 years ago. Times change, so let go of the past. The only similarity this weekend will be the programmes, in colour.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
No
33 years ago. Times change, so let go of the past. The only similarity this weekend will be the programmes, in colour.
there will be huge pressure on both teams, one is in a slump compounded by missing players, the other shoulders the burden of decades. It might come down to the coaches, who are the better tacticians, who can motivate most effectively, have there been selection blunders? So many questions, only time can give the answers.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
Can’t be in tow places at once but there’d be plenty who wish they could be this weekend.
Joeys V Shore is massive.
Been a strange old year results wise and any team can win on the day.
Without Logan, will be tough at the breakdown for Joeys.
Suspect coaching will need to be creative to give Joeys any advantage - Fowler’s kicking game and focus on territory has to be the way.
Backs look evenly matched - though not sure what’s happened the last two weeks with the Joeys attack.
Hoping we go into the final round with the comp still open.

Joker

Staff member

For those that are interested.
Was speaking to some Joeys year 12 boys about this game.
I said to them, "imagine if your final game against Riverview was taken away from Hunters Hill to a suburban field"
Like me, they all felt sorry for the yr 12 View boys who will not get to play the old enemy for last time on home soil
If the school worked with the NSW Police and security companies (like Joeys do), the 2018 game would not be repeated.
Plus they would save $$$ from hiring a football ground.

I hope it goes well but the View management are robbing their students.

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Comment

Last Saturday I felt the support coming from the Hunters Hill grandstand seemed a bit hit and snooze. The Kings boys kept up their chants and drum banging, Joeys just faded away. I have said it before, players may not understand what is being chanted but they feed off the energy. This season I have feel Joeys have been out cheered. Maybe because everyone has to be there compared to those who choose, but if Joeys have any chance this coming weekend they must find their voice and "anger" again. You know when Joeys is fired up because you can hear them in the next timezone. Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle. The only way Joeys has to combat them is simple, "FIRE UP JOE BOYS, FIRE UP." The Joeys supporters must be like the #16 man on the field supporting their mates. Every school has discovered this idea and hence they do it well. (Best I feel was View at Hunters Hill. #FreeIggy) Joeys must "bring down the thunder" this Saturday. Shake the heavens boys.

View attachment 20161
That’s cause a lot of the other schools have modernised there chants, and boys feel more part of it … you can tell by the energy…
joeys are still playing the “greatest hits”
From 50 years ago…

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Comment

Last Saturday I felt the support coming from the Hunters Hill grandstand seemed a bit hit and snooze. The Kings boys kept up their chants and drum banging, Joeys just faded away. I have said it before, players may not understand what is being chanted but they feed off the energy. This season I have feel Joeys have been out cheered. Maybe because everyone has to be there compared to those who choose, but if Joeys have any chance this coming weekend they must find their voice and "anger" again. You know when Joeys is fired up because you can hear them in the next timezone. Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle. The only way Joeys has to combat them is simple, "FIRE UP JOE BOYS, FIRE UP." The Joeys supporters must be like the #16 man on the field supporting their mates. Every school has discovered this idea and hence they do it well. (Best I feel was View at Hunters Hill. #FreeIggy) Joeys must "bring down the thunder" this Saturday. Shake the heavens boys.

View attachment 20161
Not sure I agree with the out cheered statement Joker. They've been pretty good all season - last weekend, I agree, they were non-existent...reminded me of the covid days.

Status
Not open for further replies.