• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
If he was chosen for the squad based on his performance at outside centre then I'd assume it was them trying to fit a high quality player into the team at a position he was able to play
Only the selectors can answer that one - he’s always been an elite winger in my humble opinion

Backintheolddays

Billy Sheehan (19)
Was tough to watch Kings get rolled by Shore today. Agree score probably not indicative but at same time Shore never looked like losing. The Shore big three of 7, 10, and 15 hit their straps and Kings couldn’t go with them.
Was a very unKings like showing from the sky blues, huge error rate in drop balls and turnovers. Very leaky defence on the inside channel coughed up lots of ground and several tries.
Still had plenty of ball which often went across the width of the pitch with little to no forward progress.
Kings continued to look their best when going route one but confidence may have been down with the absence of some big names and they opted to go wide which is not their strength.
the X factor of Le maître, Bass and Call was the difference.
Good luck to the Shoremen for the rest of the season, deserved winners today and certainly have outperformed my expectations.
interesting to see how Kings responds to their worst performance of the season coming up against a Joeys looking to hold onto their premiership lead.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Joeys were poor today, hot and cold at best. Defended like champions in the first stanza. A lack of discipline in the second half by a certain few players in the forwards was extremely expensive. The Scots 15 did very well, popping up at 10 regularly and sparking opportunities for the talented backline. I thought the Scots 8 was great, his battle against the Joeys 7 was epic. I’m sure we will see them continue that in the other code next year.

The_Lock

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys were poor today, hot and cold at best. Defended like champions in the first stanza. A lack of discipline in the second half by a certain few players in the forwards was extremely expensive. The Scots 15 did very well, popping up at 10 regularly and sparking opportunities for the talented backline. I thought the Scots 8 was great, his battle against the Joeys 7 was epic. I’m sure we will see them continue that in the other code next year.
Do you mean continue that as in the NRL?

Joker

Staff member
What I noted about Joeys yesterday was the lack of forwards ball playing. Towards the end of the first half they did and it worked wonders. When the ball runner kept going one out they were nullified. Joeys will need to lift for Shore at Shore which I hope I will be at. There are pies with my name on them.

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
Tommy is lightning. I personally reckon he suits the wing. doesn't have enough on him weight wise to play in the centres and often finds himself getting tossed around. but don't get me wrong the kid has some x factor to him and really has some spark to his game.
Results don't lie i must say, so maybe it is the better direction for view

rugby-OG

Stan Wickham (3)
Question I'd like to pose. Is GPS rugby turning towards producing more first-grade league players rather than union?

In the past 10 years

Kings have produced
  • Joseph Sua'ali'i (Who is returning to Union)
  • Will Penisini

Scots have produced
  • Angus Crichton
  • Toby Rudolf
  • Billy Smith
  • Siua Wong
And Newington on a completely different level have produced
  • Joey Lussick
  • Taane Milne
  • Tepai Moeroa
  • Cameron Murray
  • Bailey Simonsson
  • Toluta'u Koula
  • Jesse McLean

I thought of this watching Penisini but genuinely think the production of players from these schools could very well be shifting towards the NRL. Would love to hear some comments regarding this

-Superman (King of Lists)
AAGPS rugby is increasingly becoming a feeder system for the NRL, as many talented players from the Australian school competition are being scouted and signed by professional clubs. The high level of coaching, competitive matches, and focus on player development in AAGPS rugby create an environment where young athletes can thrive. This has led to a growing number of players making the transition from schoolboy rugby to the NRL, showcasing the competition's role in nurturing future stars of the sport.

so I think the case for choosing GPS schools over schools like westfield is the high level of coaching and the attention of playing in 1s GPS brings you.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Few more stats for the forum. Make of them what you will.
1722133188608.png

1722133281597.png

it's_marvellous2024

Bob McCowan (2)
Grammar 17 Scots 15 Full Time (Scots missed sideline conversion for the draw)
3rd XV premiership race lighting up.
Scots and Grammar with 1 loss each and given a slight bit of breathing room by a Shore loss at the hands of Kings.
The coming fixtures of Scots vs Iggies and Scots vs Shore will be interesting as Grammar face TAS and SBHS before rounding out the season with Shore.
Congrats to the Grammar boys on serving a traditionally strong Scots 3rd XV with their first loss in a fair while

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My TOTW

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Ghattas (J)
3. Osbourne (I)
4. Hamilton (E)
5. Brial (S)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Lemoto (S)
9. Wilson (K)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fittler (S)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Grantham (N)
15. Johnson (S)

The Mauling Monster

Bob McCowan (2)
Tommy is lightning. I personally reckon he suits the wing. doesn't have enough on him weight wise to play in the centres and often finds himself getting tossed around. but don't get me wrong the kid has some x factor to him and really has some spark to his game.
Exactly. Heard a lot of rumble going around about his move to the wing, however I think it suits him and view the best. View really did look great yesterday. The fowards stood up to the big newington pack led by amazing peformances from a number of the fowards. I have view to step up these last few games and create some upsets.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
Exactly. Heard a lot of rumble going around about his move to the wing, however I think it suits him and view the best. View really did look great yesterday. The fowards stood up to the big newington pack led by amazing peformances from a number of the fowards. I have view to step up these last few games and create some upsets.
Newton coming in at 10 was a great call - his kicking game and organisation excellent.
Butler had a very good game at 13. Straightened up the play and defended the house down.
Folkes’ try was sensational - he’s never out of the contest.
Generally, more width in attack and earlier ball to the speedsters.
All backs cleaned out very well and retained the ball despite more expansive play.
Agree - if no more changes the View team will have others nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.