• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Maul of Duty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just wondering why it is only the GPS teams that select 15 players for the 1st and 2nd sides and all others such as CAS, ISA, ACIES etc are all selecting 23 players? I prefer the 15 myself and also understand that 23 can be selected for a team list however I think selecting 23 players dilutes the achievement of the first selected 15 players in each of the teams.

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)
Just wondering why it is only the GPS teams that select 15 players for the 1st and 2nd sides and all others such as CAS, ISA, ACIES etc are all selecting 23 players? I prefer the 15 myself and also understand that 23 can be selected for a team list however I think selecting 23 players dilutes the achievement of the first selected 15 players in each of the teams.
I think selecting 23 players is the way to go.
GPS School teams run a bench and injuries are unavoidable.
Also reflect what happens at Shute, Provincial, and International levels.
There’s a clear line in the sand in having 1-15 on your back and being selected as a starting player, as opposed to wearing 16-23.
Gives more players a chance and often results in bolter selections for higher honours when bench players show how they impact when they come on

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Heard that Justice T is born in 2008? and is technically supposed to be in year 10, which would mean he played 1st 15 in year 9.

Not 100% about the truth around this tho, anyone have any ideas?

-Caesar
Yes, born 2008. He debut for Joey's First XV last year. Only a brief history (He played with my nephew) Justice captained the U14 team in 2022 that won the U15 GEN BLUE CUP. They went undefeated at Camden beating all 4 x U15 sides. He at 14 made the NSW U15 that beat QLD Red in 2022. Last year, he made not only the NSW U16 but Australian U16 also. They won both tournament. Earlier this year, he played in the NSW U18 and he was not even 16 yet so technically he played NSW U18 at 15. Watching such a player (There are many others also) gives me hope for the future of our beloved Wallabies.

shaquille_oatmeal

Stan Wickham (3)
23 would be required for a standalone team or when you don't want to risk running out of players (say if you have 2 teams), GPS instead has a larger pool of 25 selected in the GPS White team that can come and plug the gaps in the squads above if there are any injuries. It's quite smart because by having your extra players in the lowest squad you will only ever promote them into higher teams or give them more gametime.

Maul of Duty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure about GPS white but I was told by someone in the GPS Blue team that they definitely are playing country and not SJRU.
Here is the most up to date draw for the games on Thursday at Joeys and Friday at Knox. This is from the AAGPS website

1719363078730.png

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes, born 2008. He debut for Joey's First XV last year. Only a brief history (He played with my nephew) Justice captained the U14 team in 2022 that won the U15 GEN BLUE CUP. They went undefeated at Camden beating all 4 x U15 sides. He at 14 made the NSW U15 that beat QLD Red in 2022. Last year, he made not only the NSW U16 but Australian U16 also. They won both tournament. Earlier this year, he played in the NSW U18 and he was not even 16 yet so technically he played NSW U18 at 15. Watching such a player (There are many others also) gives me hope for the future of our beloved Wallabies.
Be interesting to see how NSW applied for dispensation to play him 3 years up aye ref?