• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
Why don’t we get through this season first. As a Joeys supporter and be happy if View go with that backline.
We are midway through the season and the forum is flooding with 2025 teams, I know you view supporters have binned off the season with premiership hopes for next season, but leave this forum for those still wanting to have current discussions.

Cheers,
- Fanatic

JuiceJohn6

Banned
Know it isn't Schwednesday, but thought I would show up for a special cause:

Predicted View 2XV 2025 lineup (according to numerous sources):

1. A. Phillips
2. H. McGrath (really explosive player, needs a pressure wash though)
3. W. Bowrey
4. T. Tancred
5. H. Reich
6. T. Johnston (c)
7. C. Conna (dropped for attitude)
8. C. Briggs
9. H. Gacitua
10. H. Dempsey (transition to flyhalf)
11. Michael Gyatsus
12. H. Davis
13. K. Lascelles
14. A. Dalton
15. O. Mason (son of Max Mason)

Not sure if this is correct, but my nephew Michael Gordon fed me this information.

Cheers,

Schwenny
Taking this post as a mick take which I personally think should receive the BANHAMMER my actual list would look lie
1. G.Tancred
2.H.Mcgrath (Dont get this pressure washer joke)
3. D.Osbourne (Captain)
4. T.Tancred
5. R.Teng or W.Spora
6. I.Perkins
7.H.Dempsey
8.C.Conna
9.G.Grover
10. F. Garling
11. B. Folkes
12. T. O'Brien or A.Mcgrath
13. A.Dalton
14.L.Tucker
15.K.Lascelles

Goon

Stan Wickham (3)
Know it isn't Schwednesday, but thought I would show up for a special cause:

Predicted View 2XV 2025 lineup (according to numerous sources):

1. A. Phillips
2. H. McGrath (really explosive player, needs a pressure wash though)
3. W. Bowrey
4. T. Tancred
5. H. Reich
6. T. Johnston (c)
7. C. Conna (dropped for attitude)
8. C. Briggs
9. H. Gacitua
10. H. Dempsey (transition to flyhalf)
11. Michael Gyatsus
12. H. Davis
13. K. Lascelles
14. A. Dalton
15. O. Mason (son of Max Mason)

Not sure if this is correct, but my nephew Michael Gordon fed me this information.

Cheers,

Schwenny

Taking this post as a mick take which I personally think should receive the BANHAMMER my actual list would look lie
1. G.Tancred
2.H.Mcgrath (Dont get this pressure washer joke)
3. D.Osbourne (Captain)
4. T.Tancred
5. R.Teng or W.Spora
6. I.Perkins
7.H.Dempsey
8.C.Conna
9.G.Grover
10. Fred Garling
11. Brody Folkes
12. T. O'Brien or A.Mcgrath
13. A.Dalton
14.L.Tucker
15.K.Lascelles
This was a 2025 2nd XV line up? Let's save this chat for another time on the 2025 forum.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
did you ever engage in sports writing as a profession joker? just a thought but you have some great Ideas and communicate them elegantly and efficiently.
Why thank you. My writing comes from many years as a school teacher. I used to tell my classes of days of old in boarding school. I change the names though. I have written some of these tales down. An ex student has been asking me too.

Have been working on the miracle of 81.. the definitive moment that Scots learned to hate Joeys. Cracking tale and have been getting those who played to provide insight.

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scots??!

Where has your mantle of excellent food gone? The original Blackwatch Cafe under the library was phenomenal. Great food, brilliant coffee (I used to send students there to collect my coffee) all served by the lovely Bernadette. Now the Death Star continues to stand there like a pimple on a cheerleaders face and they have moved it elsewhere. In 2023 I was so disappointed. A warm cup of dishwater. I had better in prison! (Don’t ask) For some reason Darth Camembert denied me entry to the party porch up high.

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
Scots 15as beat Kings 15as, what an incredible achievement by the young lads. In a Glengarry year, Scots' 15as are always beaten 50-0, but not this year. After drawing to Riverview and then beating Kings, these lads are looking bright for the years ahead.
Why did Kings even bother with their fantastic triangle and tambourine players?
Their last game before going to the Gaz - next terms 15As will be completely different. Better or Worse?

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
Predicted View Lineup 2025
1. D. Osbourne
2. C. Briggs
3. S. Conna
4. T. Tancred
5. G. Tancred
6. I. Perkins
7. H. Dempsey
8. C. Conna
9. B. Bowen
10. G. Grover
11. M. GyattSus
12. A. McGrath
13. K. Lacelles
14. B. Folkes
15. F. Garling

Strong 15as age group definitely push for 1sts next year

Let me know your thoughts

Regards

Tighty
Surely a strong 15s age group means a good 16s the year after? Some of these boys are still 14...big step up to the firsts for a 15 yr old.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Will rematch the game lad.

Game Management - Players should have some understanding. If not Smith toiling in 3rds, very mature #9 and Y12. Risati has played #10, so has Stewart.

If I've put forwards lost game not what I meant. Not always measurable is grit, toughness, maturity, aggression and size. 2nds #8 # 3 IMO can transition into 1st both I think Presidents last year

Fonua very strong ball carrier - a lot on the back of 2nd phase, forward platform needed to be set for that to happen. So is Thiel, Bloomfield, Smith etc I felt the arm wrestle Scots dragged them into drained these ball runners. So came forward Lavercombe.

Scots trick play lineouts steady through the game, scrums last quarter I felt dominant. Had they held ball in wouldve drawn penalties
Stewart, I hope they keep him in 1st, ball skills and kicking skills even his game awareness is next level. I did not realize he played 10. With Risati, defensively can be better especially playing 15 in the 1st and being the last defender. I don't think he is a 10 he is a 15. Would like to see more of his return ball. Perrett #8 I mentioned a while ago that he should have a run in the 1st already maybe as a 6 or 7? Nicholas#3 fitness I think is letting him down. Strong scrummager and defender but fitness may let him down in 1st.

Horseprop

Frank Row (1)
3rd XV Round 3 Report
Well it was a fascinating round before the holiday break and there now remains only one team with three victories from the first three rounds and that is Scots. Shore had a draw and Grammar had a loss so they come back to the field a bit. There are some terrific games coming up after the break and the premiership is still wide open.

Joey 27 d Grammar 7
Conditions at Joeys were horrendous with a completely waterlogged field that looked more like a lake. I was surprised that they played but the game went ahead. Joeys controlled the play extremely well throughout - maintaining possession, recycling well in the wet and making very few errors despite the conditions. The fast Grammar backs barely saw the ball for the entire game and the Joeys team piled on the points to claim their first win of the season. While Grammar would be disappointed, they are not out of it as they still have Scots and Shore to play in rounds 4 and 7. Joeys need to keep winning and hope that a few other results go their way. And the way they played yesterday, I do believe that they can notch more victories in the final four rounds. Joeys next host High at home on 27 July while Grammar host Scots in a must win match at Rushcutters Bay.

Shore 8 drew Riverview 8
Riverview would really see this game as the one that got away after leading the undefeated Shore team by 8-0 at half time at Northbridge. But Shore came back in the second half, scoring a try with 15 minutes to go and then tying the match up 8-8 to collect a draw and remain undefeated. Still that puts Shore one competition point behind Scots and they will likely need to win their round 6 match at Bellevue Hill if they are to break their premiership drought. Riverview jump to fourth place on the table and can definitely cause some trouble to the other teams after the break. Shore next travel to Kings in round 4 while Rivervew host TAS at home.

Scots 20 d Kings 15
A good performance by Scots away at Gowan Brae to keep their winning streak intact. Kings made a decent fist of it though, with only a try separating the teams at the end. Scots now travel to Grammar for what will be a critical match in their quest to retain the Col Windon Shield - a match that Grammar cannot afford to lose. Kings host Shore in another critical premiership match.

TAS 33 d High 20
As expected, TAS won the fixture to claim their first win of the season, but it looks to have been a much closer match than predicted as High piled on quite a few points in Armidale. Well done to both teams. To TAS for recording their first victory for the season and to High for proving that they are in this competition and can be competitive. High return to Joeys in the next round while TAS come down to Sydney again to play Riverview.

Scots 6
Shore 5
Grammar 4
Riverview 3
Joeys 2
TAS 2
Kings 2
High 0

See you at the end of July.
INP
Really competitive comp and some great talent on view.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Meanwhile at Riverview

E62BB21E-2622-4BC8-8C0F-CE720FCF03AB.jpeg

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
Stewart, I hope they keep him in 1st, ball skills and kicking skills even his game awareness is next level. I did not realise he played 10. With Risati, defensively can be better especially playing 15 in the 1st and being the last defender. I don't think he is a 10 he is a 15. Would like to see more of his return ball. Perrett #8 I mentioned a while ago that he should have a run in the 1st already maybe as a 6 or 7? Nicholas#3 fitness I think is letting him down. Strong scrummager and defender but fitness may let him down in 1st.
That's what's frustrating if indeed a development year don't see why other players can't be taken up to blood in. Relying on Risati to defend in an opens comp at fullback is a big ask, he'd be there because of his kick. Makasini, Grantham, Filter, Lemoto breaking the line with a man to beat good luck. Drop Isamu to FB, Risati 10, Stewart 12, Fenwicke 13

With fitness I always use George Smith as an example. Terrible trainer, fitness and lifting wise yet all time great. The coach who took chance on him should be knighted

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
ATTENTION

Because of the complete washout of Joeys games below 3rd grade last Saturday, and presumably similar situations at other grounds, and notwithstanding that we have 2 results (only) reported (ie 15A S11 v K7 and 14A E15 v I0), our inclination is to treat the whole round below 2nd grade as a complete washout and not award any table points. The alternative would be to treat all unreported and washed out games as 0-0 draws.

Statistics Team