• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

gus titler

Stan Wickham (3)
My predicted 2025 team for View
1. Tancred
2. McGrath
3. Osborne
4. Spora
5. Cabot
6. Conna
7. Dempsey
8. Perkins
9. Grover
10. Garling
11. Folkes
12. McGrath
13. Dalton
14. Anderson
15. Tucker

Open to opinions, just my humble prediction
Xavier Anderson on the wing is a great selection, the athleticism he has shown for Riverview 3rds this year is unbelievable. Xavier is a big body, and has great acceleration and top end speed with appreciable ball skills. I could even see him in a 12 or 13 jumper for view 1's next year.

Last edited:

GPS Connoisseur

Stan Wickham (3)
I would have to agree with you here. M. Smith definitely can go up. Need not to be reminded the importance of a 9 & 10 in any rugby team. Current number 10 unfortunately is not a 10 but doing his utmost best due to injuries. When that happens, the 9 then need to have a better game management and decision making. Unfortunately, both missed last Saturday.
i thought he was in the 2nd XV already not the 3rd? i watched the joeys game and he was one of the best on ground in my opinion

GPSwaterboy

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Tancred
2. McGrath
3. Osborne
4. Spora
5. Cabot
6. Conna
7. Dempsey
8. Perkins
9. Grover
10. Garling
11. Folkes
12. McGrath
13. Dalton
14. Anderson
15. Tucker

McGrath at 2 is possible, however, a potential for Osborne to shift to hooker is equally possible.

Anderson at 14 is interesting. His athleticism and defensive capabilities are intriguing for the 14 jersey. However, I think some 'game maturity' and time to progress with Riverview's nature of the game would benefit him, shaping him towards a strong 2025 season in the 1's 2's realm.

I believe the #14, #13, and #15 jerseys are very up for discussion and debate. Look forward to seeing it unfold.

GPSWB

JuiceJohn6

Banned
Xavier Anderson on the wing is a great selection, the athleticism he has shown for Riverview 3rds this year is unbelievable. Xavier is a big body, and has great acceleration and top end speed with appreciable ball skills. I could even see him in a 12 or 13 jumper for view 1's next year.

View attachment 19636

Anderson on the wing is a joke. The build on that boy demands some exposure to the rucks. Could be a key player in the forwards. Don't think you should be individually using photos either mate
-John

JuiceJohn6

Banned
McGrath at 2 is possible, however, a potential for Osborne to shift to hooker is equally possible.

Anderson at 14 is interesting. His athleticism and defensive capabilities are intriguing for the 14 jersey. However, I think some 'game maturity' and time to progress with Riverview's nature of the game would benefit him, shaping him towards a strong 2025 season in the 1's 2's realm.

I believe the #14, #13, and #15 jerseys are very up for discussion and debate. Look forward to seeing it unfold.

GPSWB
Hugh Mcgrath is my clear cut choice for the 2. That kids just built different
-John

JuiceJohn6

Banned
it warms my heart to see grammar boys make the gps squads, will we see a return of greatness from grammar rugby?
Hoping for the same Gus. As I mentioned earlier and I'm sure you're aware they posed a much bigger threat within the 50s and 60s and were still competitive into the 2000s. My father played against their 1967 premiership squad so I'm hoping to see a turn around of their program.

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
Will rematch the game lad.
If those players whom you feel deserves to have a run in 1st are good enough and they have it in them? They will be noticed regardless. Games are live streamed and people video games now on almost every sport and social network platforms. The exposure is there, regardless. Rather then insulting the TKS selection and their 1st XV players, BUILD A CASE FOR ALL THOSE PLAYERS THAT YOU STRONGLY FEEL THAT SHOULD BE IN THE 1ST! I watched the game yesterday, I saw how how there was 0 game management on that field yesterday. You insulted the forward pack and their performance? Did you not watch TKS 1st and only try was at the back of a forward play? Did you not watch how the opportunities were lost through their backline? We need to be objective with our comments because that forward pack played hard yesterday. They did not lose the game for TKS yesterday. Losing their number 8 did not help also as he is their strongest ball carrier and is also a LEADER in that team. There are other ways of getting noticed, but first the individual MUST HAVE IT. If we want to be critical we have to be constructive also. Build a case rather then just outright insulting them. The positive from yesterday was? SCOTS WON, RUGBY WON, GPS RUGBY WON. SCOTS NEEDED THAT WIN YESTERDAY. And their boys PLAYED BETTER THAN TKS. WE HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND BE BETTER NEXT TERM.
Game Management - Players should have some understanding. If not Smith toiling in 3rds, very mature #9 and Y12. Risati has played #10, so has Stewart.

If I've put forwards lost game not what I meant. Not always measurable is grit, toughness, maturity, aggression and size. 2nds #8 # 3 IMO can transition into 1st both I think Presidents last year

Fonua very strong ball carrier - a lot on the back of 2nd phase, forward platform needed to be set for that to happen. So is Thiel, Bloomfield, Smith etc I felt the arm wrestle Scots dragged them into drained these ball runners. So came forward Lavercombe.

Scots trick play lineouts steady through the game, scrums last quarter I felt dominant. Had they held ball in wouldve drawn penalties

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1. Tancred
2. McGrath
3. Osborne
4. Spora
5. Cabot
6. Conna
7. Dempsey
8. Perkins
9. Grover
10. Garling
11. Folkes
12. McGrath
13. Dalton
14. Anderson
15. Tucker

Why don’t we get through this season first. As a Joeys supporter I’d be happy if View go with that backline.

Last edited: