• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
SchoolGPS 1st2nd3rd4thTotalex 4th
E3351111
I3244139
J44321311
K11352
N331297
S122385
G110
Interesting to note that considering Dempsey and Perkins are playing Presidents XV, every single boy in View 1st XV will be playing representative footy next weekend.
Not sure why they were really poor yesterday from what I saw

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
There will be some changes soon to the forum so stay tune
I noted some suggestions of a split off of the tipping comp (which id agree with), particularly with the number of entries this year.

Schoolboy participation also seems somewhat higher this year (though always hard to tell). I almost wonder whether a separate thread where they can post inside jokes and fake team threads is created, with moderation only on flame wars, attacking individuals.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Selection into GPS you either need the exposure or skill. To have a chance of selection you need to get into the 1sts. There are players toiling in all schools 2nd XVs who can make the transition. Held their due to styles of play or whatever reason. How are the younger age groups travelling?
If those players whom you feel deserves to have a run in 1st are good enough and they have it in them? They will be noticed regardless. Games are live streamed and people record games now on almost every sport and social network platforms. The exposure is there, regardless. Rather then insulting the TKS selection and their 1st XV players, BUILD A CASE FOR ALL THOSE PLAYERS THAT YOU STRONGLY FEEL THAT SHOULD BE IN THE 1ST! I watched the game yesterday, I saw how how there was 0 game management on that field yesterday. You insulted the forward pack and their performance? Did you not watch TKS 1st and only try was at the back of a forward play? Did you not watch how the opportunities were lost through their backline? We need to be objective with our comments because that forward pack played hard yesterday. They did not lose the game for TKS yesterday. Losing their number 8 did not help also as he is their strongest ball carrier and is also a LEADER in that team. There are other ways of getting noticed, but first the individual MUST HAVE IT. If we want to be critical we have to be constructive also. Build a case rather then just outright insulting them. The positive from yesterday was? SCOT WON, RUGBY WON, GPS RUGBY WON. SCOT NEEDED THAT WIN YESTERDAY. And their boys PLAYED BETTER THAN TKS. WE HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND BE BETTER NEXT TERM.

Last edited:

RiverviewRugby

Frank Row (1)
SchoolGPS 1st2nd3rd4thTotalex 4th
E3351111
I3244139
J44321311
K11352
N331297
S122385
G110
Interesting to note that considering Dempsey and Perkins are playing Presidents XV, every single boy in View 1st XV will be playing representative footy next weekend.
William Hodge was not selected in a rep team
Joseph Paii who made his debut was not selected in a rep team
Angus Phillips from the 2nd XV however is in the GPS Blue.
There are also 4 other 2nd XV players who have debut for the 1s this season not playing rep footy.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
William Hodge was not selected in a rep team
Joseph Paii who made his debut was not selected in a rep team
Angus Phillips from the 2nd XV however is in the GPS Blue.
There are also 4 other 2nd XV players who have debut for the 1s this season not playing rep footy.
I was talking more about a player from every position, clearly not every player who has played 1s got selected, but the core group with multiple games under their belts were all selected.
1. Tancred
2. Phillips
3. Osbourne
4. Graham
5. Smith
6. Saunders
7. Dempsey
8. Conna & Perkins
9. Grover
10. Garling
11. Newton
12. McGrath
13. Hartman
14. Folkes
15. Mason

Last edited:

RiverviewRugby

Frank Row (1)
I wanted to bring to the forums attention a mistake in the GPS White team list with the Number Eight, Dan Smith being labelled as Newington, he goes to Riverview. This error was bought about by the injuries higher up and incorrect cutting and pasting.
That brings the total representatives for Riverview to 14 (the most in the GPS), excluding Henri Dempsey and Issac Perkins playing for the Presidents XV.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wanted to bring to the forums attention a mistake in the GPS White team list with the Number Eight, Dan Smith being labelled as Newington, he goes to Riverview. This error was bought about by the injuries higher up and incorrect cutting and pasting.
That brings the total representatives for Riverview to 14 (the most in the GPS), excluding Henri Dempsey and Issac Perkins playing for the Presidents XV.
Of all the teams that TKS played this year, Riverview in my opinion was their strongest opponent. No disrespect to the other schools but there is something extra special with their 1st XV side. Not sure if its because of how their 9 directs them around the field but they are a special team in my opinion. Great to see they are being rewarded for it.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
Even in our more mediocre seasons the boys in blue and white impress.

Last edited:

GPS Connoisseur

Stan Wickham (3)
Won the lineouts but lost two tightheads and no scrum dominance. Once Fonua off Lavercombe was only effective carrier. We defended well but Scots made all the running, both in tight and out wide.
Only four games to go and I believe the coaches have always used this as a development year where they’ve performed above expectations.
Selections are a funny thing (just see Scots) and I don’t think we’ve seen the best (available) teams selected by TKS with talent still in 2s and 3s but c’est la vie.
Kings have lacked size in the forwards which has influenced several positions and the backs depth, particularly pace out wide, is shallow.
Is setting up ‘25/6 well though.
who do you believe could be a better alternative from the 3s?

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 3 Report
Well it was a fascinating round before the holiday break and there now remains only one team with three victories from the first three rounds and that is Scots. Shore had a draw and Grammar had a loss so they come back to the field a bit. There are some terrific games coming up after the break and the premiership is still wide open.

Joey 27 d Grammar 7
Conditions at Joeys were horrendous with a completely waterlogged field that looked more like a lake. I was surprised that they played but the game went ahead. Joeys controlled the play extremely well throughout - maintaining possession, recycling well in the wet and making very few errors despite the conditions. The fast Grammar backs barely saw the ball for the entire game and the Joeys team piled on the points to claim their first win of the season. While Grammar would be disappointed, they are not out of it as they still have Scots and Shore to play in rounds 4 and 7. Joeys need to keep winning and hope that a few other results go their way. And the way they played yesterday, I do believe that they can notch more victories in the final four rounds. Joeys next host High at home on 27 July while Grammar host Scots in a must win match at Rushcutters Bay.

Shore 8 drew Riverview 8
Riverview would really see this game as the one that got away after leading the undefeated Shore team by 8-0 at half time at Northbridge. But Shore came back in the second half, scoring a try with 15 minutes to go and then tying the match up 8-8 to collect a draw and remain undefeated. Still that puts Shore one competition point behind Scots and they will likely need to win their round 6 match at Bellevue Hill if they are to break their premiership drought. Riverview jump to fourth place on the table and can definitely cause some trouble to the other teams after the break. Shore next travel to Kings in round 4 while Rivervew host TAS at home.

Scots 20 d Kings 15
A good performance by Scots away at Gowan Brae to keep their winning streak intact. Kings made a decent fist of it though, with only a try separating the teams at the end. Scots now travel to Grammar for what will be a critical match in their quest to retain the Col Windon Shield - a match that Grammar cannot afford to lose. Kings host Shore in another critical premiership match.

TAS 33 d High 20
As expected, TAS won the fixture to claim their first win of the season, but it looks to have been a much closer match than predicted as High piled on quite a few points in Armidale. Well done to both teams. To TAS for recording their first victory for the season and to High for proving that they are in this competition and can be competitive. High return to Joeys in the next round while TAS come down to Sydney again to play Riverview.

Scots 6
Shore 5
Grammar 4
Riverview 3
Joeys 2
TAS 2
Kings 2
High 0

See you at the end of July.
INP

Last edited:

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Doesn't this table show that Shore are massively under-performing? based on the exhausting selection process the selectors have said they have enough good players, that are in form to be equal top. If it isn't the players, then what is the reason? Is it the coaching? Is it strategy? Is it the expensive stand that faces the wrong way?
There are 5 other schools. Only 15 players can be selected.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
1719175952212.png

Much obliged for those who got their tips in early.
Keep them coming or Tony will send the boys round.

5022a255-df0f-4d73-ae81-49ce9be2244b_text.gif

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Doesn't this table show that Shore are massively under-performing? based on the exhausting selection process the selectors have said they have enough good players, that are in form to be equal top. If it isn't the players, then what is the reason? Is it the coaching? Is it strategy? Is it the expensive stand that faces the wrong way?
Conversely does it mean the TKS coaches are miracle workers? Competitive against all while apparently lacking individual brilliance?