• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Soaring Eagle

Allen Oxlade (6)
SchoolGPS 1st2nd3rd4thTotalex 4th
E3351111
I3244139
J44321311
K11352
N331297
S122385
G110
Interesting to note that considering Dempsey and Perkins are playing Presidents XV, every single boy in View 1st XV will be playing representative footy next weekend.
It's very exciting to see Grammar boy's getting their hands in the mix. It's great for the GPS teams to have such strong representation from both sides. Hoping this sparks something, for future Grammar boys. Congratulations Grammar, you deserve it, Cheers.

Last edited:

JuiceJohn6

Banned
It's very exciting to see a Grammar boy getting his hands in the mix. It's great for the GPS teams to have such strong representation from both sides. Hoping this sparks something, for future Grammar boys. Congratulations Grammar, you deserve it, Cheers.
Couldn't agree more. Grammar used to be a force to be reckoned with within the comp. It's sad seeing their program decrease as the school shifts towards a more academic direction. I hope this trend continues and that boy aught to be extremely proud of himself.

JuiceJohn6

Banned
are you trying to imply the Bassingthwaighte's selection was a fluke? bit harsh and really takes away from the effort boys are putting in when you undermine the selections.
Not at all. Been familiar with Rex's game for years. I just think this pick for a boy coming into his first year in GPS was a great spot especially given the talent of other boys familiar with the game. Rex has been the cornerstone of that Shore program and i think you're misreading this or are just trying to stir up some banter

The GroundsKeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
are you trying to imply the Bassingthwaighte's selection was a fluke? bit harsh and really takes away from the effort boys are putting in when you undermine the selections.
From watching his games throughout the GPS season he has most definitely deserved a selection in the GPS 1s team, he has almost scored a try in every game and been an influential part in the Shore 1st XV

TGK

Squidlips

Bob McCowan (2)
Couldn't agree more. Grammar used to be a force to be reckoned with within the comp. It's sad seeing their program decrease as the school shifts towards a more academic direction. I hope this trend continues and that boy aught to be extremely proud of himself.
The school always had an academic direction. The school only has so many places and competition for those places is fierce. The changing demographic of Sydney has the top academic performers not necessarily having a preference for the "traditional" school sports. Couple that with competition from other sports like soccer and AFL and you can see how it has gone that way.

The GroundsKeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
The school always had an academic direction. The school only has so many places and competition for those places is fierce. The changing demographic of Sydney has the top academic performers not necessarily having a preference for the "traditional" school sports. Couple that with competition from other sports like soccer and AFL and you can see how it has gone that way.
This is true but in the summer season they have been contenders in many sports

TGK