• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Where's the beef

Herbert Moran (7)
There will be pressure to cancel these games. After Kings 3 weeks ago, the kids are still recovering. It's like a atmospheric river in Sydney at the moment. Not fair on the Newington supporters either.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sure the weather will so support.

Can the lot.
Rumour is there was an emergency AAGPS meeting this morning to discuss moving the entire round to this Thursday. However it was a knocked on the head as Shore and Scots can only field half a team as so many families had already sent pre-dated "sick leave" requests to get a head start on their ski trip.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Rumour is there was an emergency AAGPS meeting this morning to discuss moving the entire round to this Thursday. However it was a knocked on the head as Shore and Scots can only field half a team as so many families had already sent pre-dated "sick leave" requests to get a head start on their ski trip.
Boarders have to leave early, also is that not when representative sides are on?

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Shore a ground not too bad. Back fields are mud pits.
image.jpg

Joker

John Hipwell (52)
Havoc reaping around the SJC grounds. Game after game being cancelled. Personally, I have never seen no1 in such a state.

View attachment 19569

-Prince
Neither have I

Yep this is correct. The drainage is directed to two massive storage tanks buried under lower park. With all this rain, the storage has reached capacity for the first time in decades and is backing up. Games are being cancelled and the College will have super soakers out there to deal with the pools of water.

Last time I saw this was before the ground was done.

Last edited:

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was watching some of the games today at the TKS Doyle fields and I noticed that after the Open's team on Doyle 7 I believe it was the 9th's that Scot's boys refused to shake hands with a few of the King's boys. Not sure whether this was a statement or a movement they were trying to make but from a sideline view it seemed very low. The Scot's coach did walk onto the field but did not confront her team when they purposely evaded a respectful handshake. I know this is the lowest team in the open's but what if the wrong people saw this and brought it up, what if this happened again in an elite squad. I am just shocked by the act from the Scot's boys and hope that it will change for future games.

Cheers

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
There will be pressure to cancel these games. After Kings 3 weeks ago, the kids are still recovering. It's like a atmospheric river in Sydney at the moment. Not fair on the Newington supporters either.
I doubt it. At most they'll make it non compulsory for students to support today and the game will most probably go on. Aren't the majority of Joey kids under cover anyway.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interesting to see the lower graded u16 shore teams playing against higher Riverview teams
Seems strange as View always fields a 10ths side in the opens, generally around 40 rugby teams all up, and 2 years ago I was watching the View 8ths play Shore 6ths on View's 1st field, before some of the higher opens teams kicked off.