• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Frank the Tank

Bob McCowan (2)
1718963666481.png

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
1sts have 7 in year 11 and Seconds have 5
incredible amount of talent for Joey next year and In years to come, I would say we are going to see Joey at the top of the table for the next few years. If they get it right they could put together quite the winning streak, I'd say they definitely have the cattle.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
They scored 43 tries during the GPS competition. Their defensive record was perfect. They joined the great 1957 team as being the only sides from St Joseph's not to have a try scored against them in the competition. In only having 9 points (3 penalties) scored against them they also joined the 1985 side as record holders for least points against. Another record was when seven were selected for the AUS schools. They were incredible to watch.

Table below will fascinate you

View attachment 19556
NOTE- The coach Br Anthony told me that David Kelaher was the best footballer he every coached and this includes Matt Burke and Kurtley Beale.

View attachment 19555
The good old days, a competitive Grammar and High...

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
They scored 43 tries during the GPS competition. Their defensive record was perfect. They joined the great 1957 team as being the only sides from St Joseph's not to have a try scored against them in the competition. In only having 9 points (3 penalties) scored against them they also joined the 1985 side as record holders for least points against. Another record was when seven were selected for the AUS schools. They were incredible to watch.

Table below will fascinate you

View attachment 19556
NOTE- The coach Br Anthony told me that David Kelaher was the best footballer he every coached and this includes Matt Burke and Kurtley Beale.
Bit of a throwback here to the Shore archives,

Its rare that any team has the success that was sustained by the Shore First XV in 1908.

1908 1st XV.jpg

As it says in the photo, the team played 22 matches for 18 wins, 4 draws. Points differential of +253.

Over half of these boys would go on to sacrifice themselves for Australia in the The Great War.

The captain of the team, the Inside Centre; Brian Pockley, would be the first Australian to die in the Great War.

No level of success has been achieved by the Shore boys in Rugby since, and they are widely remembered today as most likely the greatest sporting side to ever represent the school.

Obviously there were no representative teams then (Australian Rugby Union was formed in 1899), but I would say almost all of these boys would have played in some form of representative team.

(another point was that almost half of these boys would be vastly successful in other sports too. R.J.A. Massie would go on to be in the 1910 NSW 8+, as well as an Australian cricketer. H.E. Beckett would also play a high level of cricket).

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
It was the best system. Each weekend a grand final, one slip and you were done.
More importantly the Rep games and Schoolboys (or Gen Blue equivs) were after the season ends.. ie near the end of term 3.

At least GPS has played a bunch of games by the end of this weekend.

ISA and CAS have only had two rounds, and the big games (Augs v Oakhill and Knox v Waverley) are still weeks away. Very tough for their selectors.

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
NSWSRU 18s Championships & Selection Trials

Day 1 is Girls only

Boys Draw Day 2 - Thursday 27th June 2024 - Pittwater Rugby Park

Rear Field 2
8:30 GPS 2 v ISA 2
9:20 GPS 1 v ISA 1
10:10 CAS 2 v Sydney Juniors
11:00 CAS 1 v CHS 1
11:50 Country Juniors v AICES
12:40 CCC v GPS Blue
13:30 CHS 2 v GPS White
14:20 GPS 1 v CHS 1
15:10 GPS 2 v Sydney Juniors
16:00 CHS 2 v CCC

Front Field
13:10 CAS 2 v ISA 2
14:00 CAS 1 v ISA 1
15:50 AICES v GPS Blue
16:40 Country Juniors v GPS White

Boys Draw Day 3 - Friday 28th June 2024 - Knox Grammar School

Main Field Knox Grammar School
11:30 Sydney Juniors v ISA 2
12:45 AICES v CHS 2
14:00 CHS 1 v ISA 1
15:15 GPS White v CCC
16:30 Country Juniors v GPS Blue
17:45 CAS 2 v GPS 2
19:00 GPS 1 v CAS 1

Last edited:

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
NSWSRU 16s Championships & Selection Trials

Day 1 Saturday 29th June 2024 - St Gregory’s College Campbelltown

9:30 PRES XV A v ISA II
10:20 AICES v CHS
11:10 ISA I v CCC
12:00 PRES XV B v CAS
12:50 Winner Game 1 v Winner Game 2
13:40 Loser Game 1 v Loser Game 2
14:30 Winner Game 3 v Winner Game 4
15:20 Loser Game 3 v Loser Game 4

Day 2 Sunday 30th June 2024 - St Gregory’s College Campbelltown

10:00 Loser Game v 6 Loser Game 8 CUP FINAL
11:30 Winner Game 6 v Winner Game 8 BOWL FINAL
13:00 Loser Game 5 v Loser Game 7 PLATE FINAL
14:30 Winner Game 5 v Winner Game 7 SHIELD FINAL

Last edited:

hituplover

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osbourne (I)
4. Brial (S)
5. Greer (J)
6. Fonua (K)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Taumoepeau (J)

how id be rolling the 1s pack out but that’s just me

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Bit of a throwback here to the Shore archives,

Its rare that any team has the success that was sustained by the Shore First XV in 1908.

View attachment 19565
As it says in the photo, the team played 22 matches for 18 wins, 4 draws. Points differential of +253.

Over half of these boys would go on to sacrifice themselves for Australia in the The Great War.

The captain of the team, the Inside Centre; Brian Pockley, would be the first Australian to die in the Great War.

No level of success has been achieved by the Shore boys in Rugby since, and they are widely remembered today as most likely the greatest sporting side to ever represent the school.

Obviously there were no representative teams then (Australian Rugby Union was formed in 1899), but I would say almost all of these boys would have played in some form of representative team.

(another point was that almost half of these boys would be vastly successful in other sports too. R.J.A. Massie would go on to be in the 1910 NSW 8+, as well as an Australian cricketer. H.E. Beckett would also play a high level of cricket).
Massie played Shield cricket, but didn't play for Australia.