• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
The telegraph also posted a video talking about the rivalry of gps schools and interviewing kings premiership players and how winning last year meant a lot to them and also that kings view joeys and shore have are rivals in rowing

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rugby, rowing, soccer, basketball, cricket, athletics
There is only one table we worry about at Joeys

1718621941643.png

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Honestly, Lemaitre has been good but J Logan has been Joeys best forward I believe. I do also like that Riverview 7 as well, plenty of ticker. As for Bassingthwaighte, the boys as talented as they come, but to me he is not a 10, more of a 15 or even 13. He runs it well but sometimes lacks distribution and in game kicking. Take my word with a grain of salt although, just an outside observer with an unqualified opinion.
Greer has been Joeys best forward. Consistent and doesn’t give away penalties. I’d dare say that if Taggart hadn’t been injured he’d be right up there, phenomenal stats, leading tackler vs Scots with zero misses, a revelation.

scrumfinatic

Frank Row (1)
Bowen Keegan (NC) is looking to be a star for Newingtons first XV. He has been riding the bench for the past few games but I could honestly see him having a good crack at the GPS squad if he gets a little more ball time. Definitely keep him in your line of vision.

Cheers, Finatic

KeegCheese74

Frank Row (1)
Bowen Keegan (NC) is looking to be a star for Newingtons first XV. He has been riding the bench for the past few games but I could honestly see him having a good crack at the GPS squad if he gets a little more ball time. Definitely keep him in your line of vision.

Cheers, Finatic
Watching and reflecting on past footage Bowen (N) is able to offer a striking power untoward to mankind, a player that doesn't like the limelight should really be looked at for GPS selectors, flawed by his stature, he is still able to perform week in and week out, a hard working number 8 with a poise unlike anyone in the competition and a killer mindset, and with the upcoming fixture against Joeys is out to destroy the opposing 8

Last edited:

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
You play your best team to win each match - TSC fell in to the 'let's give experience to Y11s' trap last year - the best team is not always the best individuals either.

I read on here before some quote by a former TSC coach saying a team of Y12s will nearly always beat a team Y11s.

When you try and hatch a plan around getting Y11s ready for next year, the best approach is to have only those on merit in the 1s, and the rest on merit in the 2s.
I don’t like putting blame on coaches and wanting them sacked like an NRL team

HOWEVER after watching Joeys 2nds for the first time this year on Sat absolutely dominate Riverview I can’t believe they lost to Scots. Scots 2nds must be good to beat that Joeys team. Joeys won 38-5 and they normally struggle in the 2nds against View historically

The Joeys 2nds backs had hard straight running I haven’t seen in 1s this year nor the Wallabies for years, straight running like any NZ team. Anyone know who the 2nds backs coach is, because they understand the game. Unlike most backs these days (schools & professional) running at 45 degrees across the field into the sideline.

Any ideas the 2nds backs coach of Joeys?

Last edited:

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don’t like putting blame on coaches and wanting them sacked like an NRL team

HOWEVER after watching Joeys 2nds for the first time this year on Sat absolutely dominate Riverview I can’t believe they lost to Scots. Scots 2nds must be good to beat that Joeys team. Joeys won 38-5 and they normally struggle in the 2nds against View historically

The Joeys 2nds backs had hard straight running I haven’t seen in 1s this year nor the Wallabies for years, straight running like any NZ team. Anyone know who the 2nds backs coach is, because they understand the game. Unlike most backs these days (schools & professional) running at 45 degrees across the field into the sideline.

Any ideas the 2nds backs coach of Joeys?
Run straight, It’s a simple game. I’ll give you a hint. He’s a former 10 that played in 2 of the all time best 1st XVs.

NedKelly

Peter Burge (5)
Already Boys have openly said to the TSC 1stXV coaches they don't want to go up! it's pretty bad at TSC......mind you every season seems to be the same.... nothing changes
I find that very hard to believe. Given the option of remaining in a potential championship 2nd XV or being elevated to a bottom of the table 1st XV I'd not hesitate to play firsts and doubt many would. Would you?

Every kid at Joeys dreams of playing firsts. To be able to say, 'I played in Joeys firsts', win or lose, is something special, something to tell your kids about. It's unimaginable any boy offered that opportunity would turn it down. If being in a winning 2nd team is preferable to being in losing top team, helping turn it around and playing against the best instead of the 2nd best, then you don't deserve to be in the top team.

If there were kids in Scots 2s (or any other 2nd XV) who think that way, the problem would not with the rugby programme or the 1sts coaching team, it would be with those kids' attitude. But I sincerely doubt that is the case.