• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Are there any early favourites for the 3's comp? Know it's only early but would be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Wilty
Hey Wilty,
think we'll leave it to @ItsNotPink since he does great analysis of the 3rds comp. With only 1 round of competition completed, it is hard to say who are favourites or standouts. However, here are some noteworthy performances from round 1. Scots win over Joeys 17-12 is a clear indicator that Scots are looking strong again and have a great chance of going back to back, as those two schools are often the frontrunners in the competition. Shore 3rds had a good win against TAS leaving them scoreless (and I believe keeping Kings scoreless the week prior), but it is hard to determine the strength of TAS this year only this far into the competition and due to the fact they've only played 1 other game according to the AAGPS website; against Kinross 1sts (which was a mismatch in favour of Kinross). Ignatius 3's are also looking strong, with a narrow win over Shore in the trials. We shall wait and see what happens this weekend.

Last edited:

Here for the advice

Stan Wickham (3)
*BREAKING NEWS OUT OF SCOTS*

I just heard that there are some huge moves for the Scots 1st XV with Ontini moving to 15 and William Johnston to 10 the biggest one of them all is Will Adlam (2nd XV captain) moving into the second row for the 1s after a couple of huge performances in the 2s I think this is an awesome move from the scots coaches they are really in need of a dawg like him in the pack.

cheers RNC
A few other schools with some losses (even close ones) may want to follow suit…… continuing to refine the obtain the best team. Picking and sticking for too long after really not making any changes in trials makes little sense. Joeys moved many around and guess what looking the goods…..

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
C530E346-60B8-4441-AFE5-FF18644A9967.png

TIPS PLEASE OR…..(get your attention?)

A1BEAD1B-A2BD-4B42-985D-9FA2B8C044E9.jpeg

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey Wilty,
Think well leave it to ItsNotPink since he does the 3rds comp. I would like to say that Shore 3rds had a good win against TAS leaving them scoreless. Ignatius 3's are also looking strong I believe with a narrow win over Shore in trial. Scot's 3s are also looking decent with a win over Joeys. We shall wait and see this weekend I say
Your assessment is accurate @TheMaulester. I also think Grammar are right in it following their first round win over Kings. Round 2 Preview comes out tomorrow as usual. Cheers
INP

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
A few other schools with some losses (even close ones) may want to follow suit…… continuing to refine the obtain the best team. Picking and sticking for too long after really not making any changes in trials makes little sense. Joeys moved many around and guess what looking the goods…..
Joeys have pretty much kept the same team week in week out...no real movement

wisemaan

Banned
Joeys vs View @ Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch 2/3 predictions

I have tried my best at this one fellas, however the Harry Potter theme certainly had me thinking. I couldn't get the amount of content is as wanted but I still think this is a good read. I will continue to do these and I hope you have been enjoying them. New vs Kings next. If anyone wants to give me a recommendation for the theme I am all ears.. Who can spot the error

Hold onto your broomsticks, folks! The match of the season is upon us. Trying to predict the outcome of the Joe boys vs the Swamp men is giving even the best of wizards a headache. The once-expected Squib to bottom out like some divination, View is now flying, looking like the real contender. The Lions of joeys have been a beastly force this year, with victories to roar about in every task. When Grover and his dark crew slithered into the enchanted grounds of Hogwarts, they found nothing to stay away from; the Gryffindor lions greeted all comers with a smile from ear to ear. The previous week, though, Slytherin had shown that they could handle a storm, but this time that was in the murky depths of the Forbidden Forest. Gryffindor handled the same weather and sent the Ravenclaws packing, so if nothing else, this game should be epic!

Wand to Wand: Epic Duels
Conna vs. Justice: Seasoned Beater
Two powerhouses of Quidditch. Namely, a sturdy, powerhouse of a Chaser named Conna is going up against a seasoned Beater named Justice, who is known as one of the best in school Quidditch. Justice will certainly be the one to watch out for, but Conna's no lightweight in strength, either.

Kicking Game: Grover vs. Palmisani
Grover's been making those tough conversions the last four games with the din of cat calls from the bewitching fans. But will Palmisani be the one to make a penalty kick for the win, out of nowhere.? But will these two continue to impress.. The crystal ball is cloudy.

Titantic Tussle of the two Greats: Hartman vs. Gaugh
Two absolute giants in the game. This is a battle of kings that the victor will usually tip the scales in favor of his team. Even if one loses, however, it will not damage the legendary status each has built.

Flash vs. Flashier: Jeremy Newton vs. Sleeman
Winger vs. Winger. Who's a Cheetah, who's a Tiger? Which player has the speed, agility, and flair? Newton, fresh out of a bad injury and playing injured pride, has a lot to prove. With still a speedster in Newton, let's guess the Quaffle is under his control, and the game's on the line. , but will Sleeman pick up the slack? He may be somewhat tired from all that kicking. However, the pitch is a fickle friend.

Prediction for Saturday's Game
Expect a nail-biter on the edge of your seat, thriller for the books. The beauty of this game is in Gryffindor's perseverance and an unexpectedly high performance by Slytherin. My prediction is another close, gutsy win for Gryffindor, but Slytherin need not be so discouraged; there is hardly ever any certainty in the world of Quidditch, much like a jar of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

Hopefully, the best house will win; let magic be on their side.. Only time will tell..

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

- wisemaan

Last edited: