• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

wisemaan

Banned
Year 11 boy Digby Hockey on the right wing in the Shore 2s would have to be up there, although wouldn't beat the likes of Blair and Large. Crazy story how Hockey went from playing in the 13Ds and 15Cs, to playing in the 2nds and even earnt a start in the 1st XV vs Oakhill this year. They breed them tough out in Spring Ridge!
@PROPaganda That's some real tough breeding. From playing low in the age group to getting a run on in the 1st XV he certainly is going to be a tough player to play against next season..

-wisemaan

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've been away, any word on how the Kings kid did in the State of Origin last night?
Gave it his all out there. Bit of nepotism and favouritism in my opinion by the ref , that kind of tackle is encouraged in the school boy rugby games (especially in social...) Anyway, hope he comes back with a bit more fire to help the Blues take the second game.

Cheers

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys looking dominant in the younger ages. Nice to see Shore up there in the 14As and the 16As proves there rebuild of the rugby system is definitely showing. Surprised not to see Kings on top in the 13As generally having stronger age groups every 3 years (2023), (2026 current year 10) and (2029 current year 7). I really enjoy looking at the younger age groups performances because all though it doesn’t generally prove how strong they are going to be in the opens but it does prove that they are a rugby school.

wisemaan

Banned
Joeys looking dominant in the younger ages. Nice to see Shore up there in the 14As and the 16As proves there rebuild of the rugby system is definitely showing. Surprised not to see Kings on top in the 13As generally having stronger age groups every 3 years (2023), (2026 current year 10) and (2029 current year 7). I really enjoy looking at the younger age groups performances because all though it doesn’t generally prove how strong they are going to be in the opens but it does prove that they are a rugby school.
Agreed. Shore do have a very promising 14s age group that are consistently doing well especially the As whom went undefeated last season with a singular draw. Joeys are also looking to be a threat in the 14s as well..

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

Darth Maul

Bob McCowan (2)
Fastest wingers in the GPS….1sts and 2nds….?
Gents, I raise your attention to the St Josephs college 3rd XV winger, Nicholas Demarcus Peters (Frozone). Playing his first year of rugby after being in the premiership winning 1st XI (2 years). Arguably one of the most promising rising stars within the GPS, where he lacks in size he makes up for in speed and agility. Having seen him perform in person, he thrives in broken play using his footwork to beat defenders and get in open space where he utilises his speed to get over the line. Being a member of the senior athletics squad he trains closely with Billy Blair and Jimmy Ford (3rd XV) competing at the same level as these big names. This 'dark' horse should not go unnoticed, as he continues to hone his rugby skills in his transition from football, this superstar is set to make a big impact in not only the 3rds comp but upon his inevitable movement upwards through the joeys camp.

Darth Maul

The Hero

Stan Wickham (3)
Gents, I raise your attention to the St Josephs college 3rd XV winger, Nicholas Demarcus Peters (Frozone). Playing his first year of rugby after being in the premiership winning 1st XI (2 years). Arguably one of the most promising rising stars within the GPS, where he lacks in size he makes up for in speed and agility. Having seen him perform in person, he thrives in broken play using his footwork to beat defenders and get in open space where he utilises his speed to get over the line. Being a member of the senior athletics squad he trains closely with Billy Blair and Jimmy Ford (3rd XV) competing at the same level as these big names. This 'dark' horse should not go unnoticed, as he continues to hone his rugby skills in his transition from football, this superstar is set to make a big impact in not only the 3rds comp but upon his inevitable movement upwards through the joeys camp.

Darth Maul
Can't help but feel this is a typical schoolboy piss take

The Wanderer

Bob McCowan (2)
Played with his heart on his sleeve as always. Got duded by a poor refereeing decision that saw him have an extended stint on the sideline. Should've been play on in my opinion.

It was unintentional for sure but that’s the way both union and league are refereed these days with contact around the head. Andrew John’s called it a send off straight away and I agree with him. 5 years ago it may not have even been a thing but here we are.