• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
three GPS players in last nights state of origin

Joesph Sua'ali'i
Angus Crichton
Patty carrigan (qld)
Cam Murray would be on this baring injury. Also I believe 2013 Newington old boy Tanne Milne from the Rabbitohs will see himself playing in this arena in the next few years. An excellent outside back that I think will be NSWs 'saviour' in the coming years.

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
2023 GPS results:

1 Billy Blair (SJC) 10.87
2 Onitoni Large (TSC) 10.93
3 Thomas Hartman (SIC) 11.11
4 Brody Folkes (SIC) 11.18
5 Jay McKenzie (TSC) 11.21
5 Bailey Roberts-Lintmeijer (NC) 11.21
7 Max Palmisani (SJC) 11.23
8 Callum Grantham (NC) 11.29
Also worth noting that in March this year Billy Blair ran a World Leading Time of 13.54 for the U18 110m hurdles. I suspect his future is in Athletics rather than Rugby but you never know.

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
Not exactly sure why they aren't, Both aren't in the squad and were not at the trials on tuesday.
Woods is on a League contract and apprently Walsh is too
Has Walsh previously being very connected with League. Thought he was very much a Union diehard playing in the Waratahs pathways for quite some time now. Would you know where to find the team list for ISA and what league team Walsh has a contract to?

Wavesfooty2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has Walsh previously being very connected with League. Thought he was very much a Union diehard playing in the Waratahs pathways for quite some time now. Would you know where to find the team list for ISA and what league team Walsh has a contract to?
He was in the Roosters SG ball squad a while ago but struggled with injury, The ISA squad list is in the ISA forum and apprently Manly offered him a contract.

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
Personally I think Kings would win by about 10 points, not an easy game but not incredibly close or difficult. In 2022, Joeys only beat Shore by 8 points I believe, Kings who were predominantly year 11 at the time beat Shore by 1 point. Considering a year of development from most of the Kings 1sts players from 22 to 23, Kings would be able to catch up to Joeys 2022 being ahead being a better team by 8 points (obviously have to factor in other things) and considering that year of development Kings would likely win.

This prompts me to share my thoughts on the best schoolboy teams ever from GPS, CAS or ISA. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

St Augustine's 2024 (St Patrick's college 2024 deserves a mention as well)
Kings 2023
Riverview 2021 - beat a very, very strong Barker side of 2021, who beat Joeys
Kings 2020 - Will Pennisini and Joesph Suali on the same team. Enough said.
Joeys 2019 - Triple golden Crown.
Barker/ Trinity 2018/ Waverly 2018 - A lot of professionals out of the CAS that year. Barker and Trinity beat Joeys that year, not sure if Waverly played Joeys though.
Waverly 2017 / Scots 2017 - Eastern Suburbs dominance from both comps and multiple proffessionals out of these two teams (including Ben Donaldson who played for the Wallabies in World Cup)
Newington 2015 - Cameron Murray and co
Scots 2014 - Toby Rudolph and Angus Crichton just to name a few - don't think Scots 2014 had a close game the whole season
Cranbrook 2014 - An Australian schoolboy player from this team, significant from a school typically not dominant in Rugby. This team beat Lachie Swinton's Knox with a penalty goal to win CAS for the first time in 20 years.
Riverview 2011
2004/2005 Joeys (Kurtley Beale made the GPS his playground)
1994 St Josephs
1993 Scots

Any other teams like this that people would say are one of the Greatest ever from GPS or CAS please let me know. This is just what comes to mind for me.

In my opinion, ISA vs GPS could go either way this year especially in the backline, but the GPS forward pack will give them the advantage. However, I think CAS will lose to ISA and GPS. Does anyone have the date and location for ISA vs GPS game?

Whilst not winning the comp in either year (they ran into a Scots Centenary 93 and a Joeys 100 years of rugby 94 teams) the Sydney Boys High teams of 93 and 94 were excellent and only lost one game either year to those sides mentioned.

Someone with a better memory than mine will tell you the make up of those SBHS teams but needless to say some very good rugby players who would go onto represent NSW and Australia.

Watch the highlights below. Centennial Park packed for both games. What a sight.

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
G'day boys,
Heard some speculation about old Maxy Jorgo receiving some outrageous offer from the chooks ($1.8 for 2 years) called false by chookies very own fletch, anyway what are the thoughts on jorgo switching codes and if so what's he gonna do, knock out Manu and Sua'ali'i?

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
Manu and Sua'ali'i both already leaving at the end of this season. Although wallaby Mark Nawaqanitawase is making the shift over to the Roosters.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
G'day boys,
Heard some speculation about old Maxy Jorgo receiving some outrageous offer from the chooks ($1.8 for 2 years) called false by chookies very own fletch, anyway what are the thoughts on jorgo switching codes and if so what's he gonna do, knock out Manu and Sua'ali'i?

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
He should he’s been treated horribly by Australian rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.