• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
PWDLFADIFFPTS
Scots33007221516
St.Joseph's32015838204
Shore3111363333
Kings31023438-42
Newington30214662-162
St.Ignatius30122377-541
It was mentioned to me yesterday that the joeys 2nd XV hadn't been beaten in some years until 2 weeks ago vs TSC. Interestingly the TSC 2nds coach is ex-joeys coach + something to do with Gen Blue that a lot of players know of and were upset to hear him changing schools.

bitta_banter

Frank Row (1)
exciting scenes for joeys opens rugby next year, 16a's coming off a great win beating the 15a champions 41-7. Exciting players include the joeys outside centre, fast paced, great defence, exhilarating footwork, anyone know this young chaps name? the prop who came of the bench, heard a couple fellas call this young man the Mudgee mud crab, a very big young fella with great footy abilities. anyone know the scores of the other 16a's games?
yours truely
Speaking of this 'mudgee mud crab', heard hes come back from injury and had a stellar debut. Is he looking to take a spot in the joeys 16a? Perhaps a front row player dropped from the A's? would love to hear your opinion gus.

The Prince

Frank Nicholson (4)

Afternoon gents,
I would like to give an update on my predictions for the rest of the season, with a prediction for each team.
Newington
The wonderful Wyverns hailing from the brickpit of Stanmore. Newington had a wonderful victory over my beloved Shore men on the weekend in the torrential rain. I think Luca Cleverly injury has really threatened their hopes of a premiership with Cleverly being their leader. Although this injury has really hurt the team with two previous losses before Shore. Rodwell, Makasini and Humphries alongside Baxter Warner are an excellent combination being these players gel together. I do think the Wyverns can beat Scots in two days time at the Brickpit if we recall the trial game (Newington by a large margin). The Newington front three have large size, which worked very well in the wet with the pick and go in the second half. Newington second half of the season I think will be very up and down with some close losses and they may grab a few home wins. I think the future for Newington Rugby lies in the further development of younger programs and not rely on "im***s".
St Ignatius College
St Ignatius College hailing from the wonderful swamp, which wouldn't be too wonderful after that rather large downpour on Saturday. I think the wonderful Swamp may be the largest home ground advantage in all of the GPS schools. The swamp encroaches you into the banks of the mighty riverview. I think the start that View got off to this year was magnificient. The quality players they have include Gus Grover, Tom Hartman, Phoenix Graham and Daniel Osbourne, pivotally all gel at the right moments to have produced 2 good wins against quality sides. We saw last weekend that without playing at the Swamp, they struggled (although Death Star looked partly like the swamp). I have tipped Iggies to win this week back at teh swamp, with most likely a large home ground advantage. The rest of the season for Riverview I think predominalty is how much can the team work together and gel to produce more results. The future is bright for Riverview with many 1st XV players being in Yr11. Ignatius have a good draw coming up with Round 5 and 6 hopefully proving to be tough games.
The King's School
The wonderful King's that prevail over the rest of us, with their plunge pools and first class seats to Henley. King's last year showed us the depth of the program, with this year an early setback with Number 10 Ben Sawyer suffering a season ending injury, setting the team back just a little further back. The team has substantial amount of young players with the future looking bright for the next two years. Issac Fonua, is the standout by far for the team, with basically everything starting and running through him. The backline through the likes of Fenwicke, Risati have showed they can score well, with some bright sparks showing in the two previous games. I think this week they will go down at the swamp due to the large home ground advantage. I think the future for Kings is extremely bright for 25 and 26 season. The rest of the '24 season should entail a few wins and a few narrow losses. I think the boys showed extreme tenacity against Joeys last weekend in the rain to perform in front of a large crowd at Home. The draw for Kings is mixed ahead with a few hard games before a good rest in the the holidays.
The Scots College
The wonderful death star, hailing from the hills of Bellevue Hill. Scots were the large premiership favourites going into the season, with a new arrival Lemoto proving to be a good grab, alongside a wonderful backline consisting of Large, Mckenzie, Jaques, Fittler and Lemoto, alongside Aussie Schoolboys Toby Brial. The early setback of injury to Large, proved significant consequences for the team, with the start they have had to the season. 7 games left, the boys could still end up back in the fight but the team is not "gelling" at the moment with more individual heroes rather than playing for the school. I think Scots will go down narrowly against Newington, but the rest of the season is all up in the air. The future is not bright for Scots at the moment due to significant number of players being in Yr12, unless they use the im**** card anymore.
Shore School
My wonderful Alma Mater. The wonderful Stirling Bridge in which the @Joker quite loves the Northbridge Mums and quite delicious meat pies. Shore's season has had an eventful start in which 2 narrow losses has possibly affected the premiership hopes for the Shore boys. The quality side has had many standout players this year such as Le Maitre, Jai Callaghan, Rex Bassingthwaite, Henry Conick, have all had tremendous impacts to the side. In both defeats, the team has had leads at half time, which proves like a very start strong team. I think they will beat Joeys on Thursday which will be a tight tussle in wet conditions. I think the season could very easily turn around with a chance of a premiership still in chance. I think they will need to gel together for a complete game like the Kings game, to be able to win from now on. The future is still very bright with the younger years doing quite well in the age groups alongside plenty of players in Yr11 in the team.
St Joseph's College
The current premiership favourites and the home of Sydney Rugby. Joeys always somehow get a good team together highlighting their coaching programs but also the depth and hunger all boys must have when entering Joeys. Although last year was not the year they would have liked, this year is looking to display a better season with great depth an excellent teamwork throughout the teams. Justice Tamompeau is the standout player so far alongside Jonty Fowler displaying Joey Fowler esque characteristics. Although I said that Joeys will go down on Thursday to a strong Shore Side, I think Joey's still have a tremendous shot at winning the premiership for a 50 something time. I think the rest of the Joeys season will be interesting with two tough lineups the next two weeks especially with the battle of the Catholics.

My premiership predictions:
Joint premiership : Shore and St Joseph's College
3. St Ignatius College
4. The Scots College
5. The Kings School
6. Newington.
I disagree with all this joeys winning talk. They have been playing very bad lately with poor tactics. Every time it rains its seems like it makes it 10x harder for joeys to win. My take is that TKS will bounce back off a great win against joeys and have a blinder towards the back half of the season

-Prince

gus titler

Stan Wickham (3)
Speaking of this 'mudgee mud crab', heard hes come back from injury and had a stellar debut. Is he looking to take a spot in the joeys 16a? Perhaps a front row player dropped from the A's? would love to hear your opinion gus.
hey bittabanter,
good to hear from you mate, looks like there are some tough decisions coming up in terms of selection as the Mudgee mud crab came of a awesome debut for joeys. looking forward to seeing how that teams shapes up as they take on the boys across the river next week. anyone have any updates on injuries in the ones this week?
- gus titler

The Prince

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Joeys 16A's are looking really strong and ready for opens however, there is a hole to fill in the back line especially on the left wing. I think that he needs some more experience and his passing needs some improvement before he settles into opens.

-Prince

TheRuckInspector

Frank Row (1)
The Joeys 16A's are looking really strong and ready for opens however, there is a hole to fill in the back line especially on the left wing. I think that he needs some more experience and his passing needs some improvement before he settles into opens.

-Prince
I watched last weeks game over at Kings and I second this opinion. He froze like a deer in headlights- doesn't seem to be on top of the structure and field positioning. Hope he improves before opens or he might not find a spot in the higher teams.

-TheRuckInspector

john mcfarland

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi All,

I have exciting news coming from heavens pasture ahead of the thrilling Joeys v Shore match tomorrow.

Hugh Woodbury (aka 'Wugh' to his peers) has been given the surprise call up to the 2nd XV. Known well for his antics in the classroom and in the boarding house, Hugh is also a brilliant, talented young footballer with his classy ball skills and sharp footwork. Of an evening, Hugh carves up the boys in games of touch footy on the back ovals and demonstrates his magnificent ability to play eyes-up footy, which is what most certainly gave Hugh the opportunity to play this week. I know Hugh is prepared to bring his all vs the shore boys and will leave nothing on the pitch, doing the college proud. He is certainly a stellar representative of the college and is to be commended on his rapid improvements on the rugby feild, with it being only his second year playing the sport. Go well, you good thing...

Cheers,

John

TheRuckInspector

Frank Row (1)
Hi All,

I have exciting news coming from heavens pasture ahead of the thrilling Joeys v Shore match tomorrow.

Hugh Woodbury (aka 'Wugh' to his peers) has been given the surprise call up to the 2nd XV. Known well for his antics in the classroom and in the boarding house, Hugh is also a brilliant, talented young footballer with his classy ball skills and sharp footwork. Of an evening, Hugh carves up the boys in games of touch footy on the back ovals and demonstrates his magnificent ability to play eyes-up footy, which is what most certainly gave Hugh the opportunity to play this week. I know Hugh is prepared to bring his all vs the shore boys and will leave nothing on the pitch, doing the college proud. He is certainly a stellar representative of the college and is to be commended on his rapid improvements on the rugby feild, with it being only his second year playing the sport. Go well, you good thing...

Cheers,

John
As someone who knows Hugh Woodbury on a personal level I am very proud of him. He has "strived for better things" just like the Joeys moto outlines. Hugh will do his college proud and play hard and fair. Thanks for this information John.

-TheRuckInspector

The Prince

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi All,

Cheers,

John
We seem to be on fire here with takes on the forum. I've seen this young gun play and your onto something here John, summed him up perfectly.

-Prince

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just keep chasing them

F222B438-B3B4-4727-B7B7-E5EADFE206B6.png

wisemaan

Banned
View vs Kings @ Dagobah Swamp ( all in joking manor, and in some star wars terms again, this is my final prediction of all the GPS games this Thursday)

I HAVE PREDICTED ALL THURSDAY GAMES NOW GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Battle of the Blue Droids

Rugby in the Dagobah Swamp: Even a Wookiee would hesitate to traverse this muddy hellhole. Hilarious subheadings and predictions for this intergalactic sporting event!

The Dagobah Ruck

The View and the Kings will battle it out in this muddiest of all ponds. Scrum time, folks!

Grover’s Heroics from the Sideline vs. Fonua’s Forceful Fonua

Can Grover, the old fly-half with the kicking consistency of a guided proton torpedo, sink a game winning drop goal from the sideline again this week? Or will Fonua, powering through the Kings’ would-be tacklers like a rampaging Sith Lord, force his way to a victory scoring a try?

The Force is with… Someone?

The crowd will be hungry like ravenous rancors. Will Grover use the Jedi mind trick to skilfully and cleverly lead the View to a win? Or will Fonua use the brute force of the dark side, slicing through would-be tacklers like stormtroopers on a lightsaber spree?

Prediction:

I’m going to go with the View in this heavyweight rugby battle. Grover remains ice cool even in the hottest of exchanges and the side as a whole appears very tactically astute, which should see them home in this contest. But of course, that’s rugby in a nutshell – unpredictable at the best of times, and any old Ewok could cause an upset!

View by 2 Chewbacca Chips,

Your in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
It was mentioned to me yesterday that the joeys 2nd XV hadn't been beaten in some years until 2 weeks ago vs TSC. Interestingly the TSC 2nds coach is ex-joeys coach + something to do with Gen Blue that a lot of players know of and were upset to hear him changing schools.
Incorrect, the TSC seconds coach is not from Joeys, don't spread lies. He is absolutely adored here and in boarding, he is from Wales. The Joeys and Waratahs u16 coach is apart of the coaching staff somewhere in the 1s and 2s, but definitely not a head coach.

Here for the advice

Frank Nicholson (4)

-Prince
Let the kids play 16’s - a fascination of skipping 16s has emerged - for sure for one or two maybe gun but for the rest let them play 16s have a great year maturing and then for most there is then two years in Opens to shine. Last years U16 comp was a cracker to watch.

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
Incorrect, the TSC seconds coach is not from Joeys, don't spread lies. He is absolutely adored here and in boarding, he is from Wales. The Joeys and Waratahs u16 coach is apart of the coaching staff somewhere in the 1s and 2s, but definitely not a head coach.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Rob. I suspected someone had their wires crossed.