• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
NSW State Championships this June long weekend.
Have any GPS boys made these rep teams for the 16s or Opens via their Club footy ?

Last edited:

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thursday will be season defining in my view. Joeys led until 1m to go on saturday, Fave shore who have not quite done as they wished. That may e decided by mental toughness. New and scots the battle of the bots. Big Units. Riverview and kings probably the best at tactical play. The weather evens things out alot and makes the games closer, so, if its wet, could be very line ball across the park.

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
NSW State Championships this June long weekend.
Have any GPS boys made these rep teams competing in the 16s or Opens via their Club footy ?

Not sure about other schools but I know Kings doesn't allow Opens players to play club footy... assume this is the case for other schools, does anyone know?

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Watched TSC vs View 1s - TSC played the conditions marginally better with a lot of dropped ball for both sides as expected; close at the end but a deserved win for TSC. TSC #8 was used as the midfield battering ram, with good success, while the new TSC #7 played a blinder and made up for #8's lack of work around the ruck. Brial at #6 would be a better option next week, keeping the #7 and #8 same.

TSC #23 came on 2nd half and showed he is a better option at fullback, and when they moved Fitler to #12 the backline started to function. Moving #15 to #11 would make sense, and move #13 to #14 and promote a #13 from the 2s.

Riverview 2nd row were the pick of the bunch for them - but had the View backs succeeded with their kicks at goal, the result may well have turned out differently.

Jim Brennan

Stan Wickham (3)
Watched TSC vs View 1s - TSC played the conditions marginally better with a lot of dropped ball for both sides as expected; close at the end but a deserved win for TSC. TSC #8 was used as the midfield battering ram, with good success, while the new TSC #7 played a blinder and made up for #8's lack of work around the ruck. Brial at #6 would be a better option next week, keeping the #7 and #8 same.

TSC #23 came on 2nd half and showed he is a better option at fullback, and when they moved Fitler to #12 the backline started to function. Moving #15 to #11 would make sense, and move #13 to #14 and promote a #13 from the 2s.

Riverview 2nd row were the pick of the bunch for them - but had the View backs succeeded with their kicks at goal, the result may well have turned out differently.
view backs mainly Harrison Davis, I'm suggesting he's one of the best kickers in the comp this year.
-Jim

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
view backs mainly Harrison Davis, I'm suggesting he's one of the best kickers in the comp this year.
-Jim
No criticism, just observation - the conditions underfoot were awful - made kicking from the tee a lottery - several adult/parent View supporters were screaming for the boys to take points from penalties, which showed how little they understood the conditions. Kick to the corner and maul in was the answer, which was how they scored their early tries.

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Looking at the ladder, some strange situations could occur this week.

in the simplest form joeys and view both need to win at all cost. Being tied 1st place by only 1 point if Kings and shore could get upsets this could lead towards Kings and Scots being top of the table….

and with round 5 joeys v view it will place even greater pressure on the race for the prestigious trophy.

CasualObserver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looking at the ladder, some strange situations could occur this week.

in the simplest form joeys and view both need to win at all cost. Being tied 1st place by only 1 point if Kings and shore could get upsets this could lead towards Kings and Scots being top of the table….

and with round 5 joeys v view it will place even greater pressure on the race for the prestigious trophy.
There are another 7 rounds left. I don't think anyone will be panicking too much.

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sure about other schools but I know Kings doesn't allow Opens players to play club footy... assume this is the case for other schools, does anyone know?
Why would the Open players play club footy? It does not make sense to me because of the recovery that's required. The older the boys get the more physically demanding the game becomes and it is of high priority that they look after their recovery.

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
Why would the Open players play club footy? It does not make sense to me because of the recovery that's required. The older the boys get the more physically demanding the game becomes and it is of high priority that they look after their recovery.
TC
I saw this posted a few days ago.
I’m assuming these boys play club RL outside of their commitments to school sport.

NSW CIS 18s RL team announced to play in the ASSRL in Coffs Harbour in July.
Rex Bassingthwaighte - Shore
Ontoni Large - Scots
Heinz Lemoto - Scots
Heamasi Maskasini - New
Toby Rodwell - New

Last edited:

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
TC
I saw this posted a few days ago.
I’m assuming these boys play club RL outside of their commitments to school sport.

NSW CIS 18s RL team announced to play in the ASSRL in Coffs Harbour in July.
Rex Bassingthwaighte - Shore
Ontoni Large - Scots
Heinz Lemoto - Scots
Heamasi Maskasini - New
Toby Rodwell - New
Well done to all. I’m not at all surprised by Rodwell (N). His kicking and game management was class yesterday.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Isn't Ontoni Large injured? Would Scots be happy about him playing if returning from injury?
The talk was Large would be back before the halfway mark of the competition; if that's still the case, it's either this Thursday or the following Saturday.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Wisemaans Review: Clash of the Titans @TheBridge: Apologies for the Delay, Chaps!

Pre-Game Banter: Raising the Stakes and Revving the 'Forbes Ferrari'

Before the clash at The Bridge, the North Sydney lads were hyped up to the brim, with dreams of victory swirling like cream in their morning tea. The famed 'FORBES FERRARI' was polished and purring, ready to race to glory. Shore stood as the firm favorites, eyeing this match as their ticket up the ladder of success.

The Battle Unfolds: An Even Keel Amidst Poor Etiquette

As the match unfolded, the tension was thicker than porridge, with neither side yielding an inch. Shore seemed destined for triumph, their supporters flooding the stands like eager seagulls eyeing a beach picnic. Alas, Newington's crowd resembled a tepid cup of tea, hardly stirring the pot of excitement.

A Twist in the Tale: Newington's Surprise Victory and Shore's Fumbled Fortune

Despite the odds, the Newington lads scraped past the Shore chaps in the end, leaving spectators agog and pundits scratching their heads. This victory propels them forward, their sights set on a showdown with the mighty Scots next week. Could they be the dark horses of the season? Only time will tell.

Shore's Plight: A Bump in the Road or a Pothole to Perdition?

Fear not, dear Shore faithful! Though this defeat stings like a mosquito bite at a garden party, your lads still hold firm in third place on the ladder. With stars like Le'maitre leading the charge and Callaghan and Bassingthwaite ready to showcase their prowess, hope springs eternal.

Looking Ahead: A Clash of Titans at Hunters Hill

Next week promises another epic encounter as Shore braces for a showdown at Hunters Hill. The stage is set, the battle lines drawn. Will Shore rise from the ashes like a phoenix or will Newington's triumph be but a harbinger of greater glories to come?

So let the banners fly, the trumpets blare, and the games begin anew. For in the world of sport, as in life, the only certainty is uncertainty, and the only constant is change.

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan