• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
My predicted gps lineup (Form team)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Jaques (S)
15. Rodwell (N)

Before you start bickering, tombs is a highly underrated player, has been fantastic to joeys in their start to the season. I know Le maitre hasn't been tested but we will see his class as the season unfold. I know Brial played Aus schools but as we know Gps don't care about that, could move him into second row instead of Graham. Rodwell and Fowler are both fantastic but Rodwell could play fullback and be the best in the comp. Fred satchel could also make a case as the Scots second row, been brilliant so far this year.
Fairly solid team... Kings 12 has been brilliant but hard to overlook Gough.

GPSlads

Sydney Middleton (9)
Whilst on the topic of League, I’ve tried to formulate a list of most of the current NRL players that went to GPS and/or CAS. Don't have much knowledge on CAS schools hence the minimal amount on the list.

1. Angus Critchon (Scots 2013)
2. Toluta'u Koula (Newington 2020)
3. Joseph Sua'ali'i (Kings 2020*)
4. Will Penisini (Kings 2020)
5. Cameron Murray (Newington 2015)
6. Billy Smith (Scots 2018*)
7. Taane Milne (Newington 2013)
8. Toby Rudolf (Scots 2014)

9. Isaiya Katoa (Barker 2022)
10. Connor Watson (Knox

If feels like all the kids they pinch from the AAGPS turn out to be superstars in the NRL. Would've be interesting to see how the Wallabies could've turned out if all of these players stayed.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to respond.
Do you think we will
Ever get to a stage where a GPS school will play a game of rugby league …

UpnUnder

Fred Wood (13)
Do you think we will
Joeys City V Country league is a long standing end of yr 12 tradition. There will never ever ever be an AAGPS League Comp. If that happens someone will have sold their soul in a Faustian pact. The ICAC will be called and money transfer via Crypto from the Horse guy to numbered Swiss accounts will be investigated.

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
I remember that. Too funny. One sad one I recall was when Joeys won on the bell in 92 at the ‘Star. As the Joeys kicker was walking in to kick a Scots old boy from a very crowded hill yelled out “Joeys fag@&t” to a totally silent crowd. Kicker nailed it and the great revenge match for Scots saw them beaten at the death..,..again.

I miss the hill. With the drunken old boys providing colorful and very funny commentary those who were perched on the slope enjoyed great entertainment. Sad to see it taken away by whatever is there now.
The Lang Walker Business Centre was built into the old Hill. I'm pretty sure it hosts the old boys re-unions on Saturdays.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
While on the topic of league, I’ve tried to formulate a list of most of the current NRL players that went to GPS and/or CAS. Don't have much knowledge on CAS schools hence the minimal amount on the list.

1. Angus Critchon (Scots 2013)
2. Toluta'u Koula (Newington 2020)
3. Joseph Sua'ali'i (Kings 2020*)
4. Will Penisini (Kings 2020)
5. Cameron Murray (Newington 2015)
6. Billy Smith (Scots 2018*)
7. Taane Milne (Newington 2013)
8. Toby Rudolf (Scots 2014)

9. Isaiya Katoa (Barker 2022)
10. Connor Watson (Knox

If feels like all the kids they pinch from the AAGPS turn out to be superstars in the NRL. Would've be interesting to see how the Wallabies could've turned out if all of these players stayed.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to respond.
80% of these boys were league players who got the opportunity to play Union. I believe Sua'ali'i played for Eastwood as a junior but thats about it. They were always heading to League.

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington are playing down this weekend against Shore in all 13s-16s from Bs - eg., NC B's v Shore C's, etc. Opens playing down from 3rds (NC 3rds v Shore 4ths, etc.) NC sport/rugby officials Dickens and Fear allegedly asked for a 14A bye. Rugby programme is shot, but this has been coming for some time. DoR on his way up north-west and co-ed on its way in. No light at the end of the tunnel... NC Football teams have 6 more games against Shore than Rugby.
Last Saturday at Stanmore

Attachments

• IMG_6004.jpeg
    IMG_6004.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 302

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
NSW 1 prediction now that the system is fixed up

1. Harper Strachan (Knox)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Daniel Osborne (Riverview)
4. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
5. Isaac Fonua (Kings)
6. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
7. Johannes Logan (Joeys)
8. Toby Brial (Scots)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Joe Walsh (Augs)
11. Leo Jacques (Scots)
12. Louis Fenwickle (Kings)
13. Ethan Tombs (Joeys)
14. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

16. Riley Osborne (Augs)/Charlie Ghattas (Joeys)
17. Hayden Lavercome (Kings)
18. Nick Hill (Barker)
19. Phoenix Graham (Riverview)
20. Marshall Lemaite (Shore)
21. Sam Blank (Augs)
22. Troy Patea (Waverley)
23. Jai Challaghan (Shore)

Hey Mate, the NSW side has played a couple games at the start of the year against a Queensland side and dominated.

your forgetting to mention clear starters who are no longer in high school.

Tom watts (Kings 2023)
Langi (kings 2023)
Zion (Waverley 2023)
Samuel Niuila (trinity 2023)

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
This comes up semi regularly. Gen Blue have already excluded contracted players.
I don’t agree with this practice as you are pushing kids away, and they are just kids. If they’re filling a development spot, that’s life. I’d expect most kids on this list to end up in league, regardless of school.
Don't think this is the case. Gen Blue's recent policy has been that you can't be contracted to an NRL club past Year 12 and be selected. This means that by continually exposing players throughout school, rugby still has a chance to sign them post-school, which I think is sensible. It's a competitive environment, and Rugby doesn't have anywhere near the contracts of 17 NRL clubs post-school, but hopefully, we can keep the ones we want to prioritise. Cutting players off from rugby if they commit to NRL clubs at some point would likely be counter-productive, some may choose rugby during school after originally signing a league contract like Jaques, some at the end of school like Pollard, some may jump back later like Wright. Keep them engaged for as long as possible I believe.

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
Do you think we will
That is what's brewing in the background. Its been brewing for years and it will happen. CIS teams is now considered "competitive" in the ASSRL. The CIS U15 in POOL A has won the title 2 years in a row now 2022 & 2023. First time ever in 2022. Heamasi, Onitoni, Talen, Hasani all played in that 2022 team that won. No loss to Union? Well I guess this is only school boys rugby, who cares about Super rugby etc I guess ey.

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey Mate, the NSW side has played a couple games at the start of the year against a Queensland side and dominated.

your forgetting to mention clear starters who are no longer in high school.

Tom watts (Kings 2023)
Langi (kings 2023)
Zion (Waverley 2023)
Samuel Niuila (trinity 2023)
Zion is out injured from the weekend playing Randwick Colts. Langi definitely starting #3 and Niulala will definitely be in tha NSW squat.

Last edited:

Aagpsglory

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi everyone MR BOOZE here

I was watching the 2nds riverview game and i will say the riverview captain will hodge (The muffin man) as the boys call him. He played with lots of tikka and had many effort plays the lead to a riveview try, I reckon hes pretty unlucky not be in the 1sts. Hes a good shout for a GPS team i reckon.
#SchoolBoyAlert... Keep your banter in your maths class champ :rolleyes: