• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Close to complete tables

EXCEPT 15As Riverview v Newington.

Once I have that I can give you completed tables with results.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm glad we can still witness these antics from joe boys, joker. Lke when the the barrier at Leichardt was broken by your angelic old boys, or in 2018 when Joeys old boys stormed the field and assualted a Riverview 1st XV player.
One of those boys who fell was my son. Fortunately he was unscathed. An accident due to a decaying piece of infrastructure and not a premeditated action.

The 2018 accusation of old boys attacking a student was dismissed by a combined committee from other school after video showed he was bumped and his response was to attack the old boys. Ugly yes. But it was not students distracting a kicker which this was about.

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
which joeys team was it? because the team in the spaghetti cup from joeys is the 9th XV? and they are yet to lose, yet verse a kings team?
Hey mate,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your team is not in the spaghetti cup. Currently, TKS 7ths, Shore 7ths and Scots 7ths are in it as well as Silverbacks and nic ninths.

Cheers

Max Jorgasm

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS SECOND PREDICTION

1- Daniel Osbourne (SIC)
2- Angus Phillips (SIC)
3- Jameson lynn (Shore)
4- Finnlay Bartlett (Scotts)
5- Andrew Cabot (Wagga)
6- Angus Masters (Kings)
7- Henri Dempsey (SIC)
8- Walter walker (Some college in kensington) C
9- Jack binnie (Shore)
10- Jack henry (SIC) VC
11- Oliver arnold (shore)
12 Julian reynolds (Shore)
13- Harison Hill (Joeys)
14- Ben Snoozie (SIC)
15- Max mason (SIC)
Greetings all,
Just an update on Walter Walker from Kensington, He has been offered multiple rugby scholarships from schools such as Riverview and Goulburn High, I truely hope he can join a GPS school as he would bring some x factor to the competition.

Cheers.
- Max Jorgasm

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
WEEKLY CHATGPT TIPS

Based on the discussions and predictions from the Green and Gold Forum, here are the anticipated scorelines for the AAGPS rugby matches this Saturday:

1. Shore v Newington: Shore is currently seen as the top contender, with a strong team showing significant potential. Newington is also highly rated, but Shore is expected to edge out a win. Predicted scoreline: Shore 28 - Newington 22.
  2. Kings v Joeys: Kings have been struggling this season and are not expected to perform strongly against Joeys, who have shown good form in recent trials. Predicted scoreline: Joeys 35 - Kings 18.
  3. Scots v Riverview: Scots have been dealing with injuries and inconsistent performances, but Riverview is also seen as a weaker side this year. Scots are favored to win, but it might be a close game. Predicted scoreline: Scots 24 - Riverview 17( Green & Gold Rugby) (Green & Gold Rugby)
TheMaulester/Chatgpt
Shore are going to what out a win?

Darth Maul

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS SECOND PREDICTION

1- Daniel Osbourne (SIC)
2- Angus Phillips (SIC)
3- Jameson lynn (Shore)
4- Finnlay Bartlett (Scotts)
5- Andrew Cabot (Wagga)
6- Angus Masters (Kings)
7- Henri Dempsey (SIC)
8- Walter walker (Some college in kensington) C
9- Jack binnie (Shore)
10- Jack henry (SIC) VC
11- Oliver arnold (shore)
12 Julian reynolds (Shore)
13- Harison Hill (Joeys)
14- Ben Snoozie (SIC)
15- Max mason (SIC)
Heard Joeys 13, Harrison Hill is one of the biggest rising stars within the joeys camp, my nephews friend who is currently a year 12 student at joeys (L.Brown) said he was completely overlooked during selections and is set to make a considerable impact in the coming weeks. From what i have seen, i wouldn't rule him out of the GPS first squad.

Scotsrugbyforever

Frank Row (1)
My predicted gps lineup (Form team)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Jaques (S)
15. Rodwell (N)

Before you start bickering, tombs is a highly underrated player, has been fantastic to joeys in their start to the season. I know Le maitre hasn't been tested but we will see his class as the season unfold. I know Brial played Aus schools but as we know Gps don't care about that, could move him into second row instead of Graham. Rodwell and Fowler are both fantastic but Rodwell could play fullback and be the best in the comp. Fred satchel could also make a case as the Scots second row, been brilliant so far this year.

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard Joeys 13, Harrison Hill is one of the biggest rising stars within the joeys camp, my nephews friend who is currently a year 12 student at joeys (L.Brown) said he was completely overlooked during selections and is set to make a considerable impact in the coming weeks. From what i have seen, i wouldn't rule him out of the GPS first squad.
You just doxxed a high school student.....

Mr.K

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Jaques (S)
15. Rodwell (N)

Before you start bickering, tombs is a highly underrated player, has been fantastic to joeys in their start to the season. I know Le maitre hasn't been tested but we will see his class as the season unfold. I know Brial played Aus schools but as we know Gps don't care about that, could move him into second row instead of Graham. Rodwell and Fowler are both fantastic but Rodwell could play fullback and be the best in the comp. Fred satchel could also make a case as the Scots second row, been brilliant so far this year.
Very much agree with the team list and the description of the players below.

-Mr K

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
From all this league Talk ...CIS 2024 U18 side. I am almost certain Large, Lemoto and Makasini have committed to League. They can play the school 1st XV games but cannot be considered at representative level . Does it make sense to invest in training these boys to play Rugby Union positions (let alone occupy positions) knowing that they will not play the code? They are talented boys but they want to play League not union. Anyway my own opinion.
Rugby union and rugby league are not that different of games, after all they have the same name. I do not know for other cases, but for people like Large and Lemoto, their management groups are paying for an opportunity to continue to train and play rugby at a high level (AAGPS), while also get a better education, get more connections, etc. This management group has also done the same with Taane Milne (NC,'13), Tepai Moeroa (NC,'13), Tyrone Taukamo (NC,'16), Tom Wright (SJC,'15), and more. Also, with cases like Joseph Sua'ali'i (TKS), their fees are paid for not by the school, but by the league club, to help develop the junior and do the same as said above. There are more cases but I don't want to guess and get it wrong.

Please keep in mind that I wrote this post this morning before the discussion about GPS NRL players.

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Jaques (S)
15. Rodwell (N)
NSW 1 prediction now that the system is fixed up

1. Harper Strachan (Knox)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Daniel Osborne (Riverview)
4. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
5. Isaac Fonua (Kings)
6. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
7. Johannes Logan (Joeys)
8. Toby Brial (Scots)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Joe Walsh (Augs)
11. Leo Jacques (Scots)
12. Louis Fenwickle (Kings)
13. Ethan Tombs (Joeys)
14. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

16. Riley Osborne (Augs)/Charlie Ghattas (Joeys)
17. Hayden Lavercome (Kings)
18. Nick Hill (Barker)
19. Phoenix Graham (Riverview)
20. Marshall Lemaite (Shore)
21. Sam Blank (Augs)
22. Troy Patea (Waverley)
23. Jai Challaghan (Shore)
There's more teams but I can't be arsed to find, but what I'm gonna say is that Jaques would never ever play wing for these rep teams.

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
Absolutely. A lot aren't lost to Rugby in reality.

Purpose of the question was to just list them. Becomes quite the squad though. Throw in some of the older names like Ben Kennedy (Joeys), Jarrod Saffy (Joeys), Daniel Conn (Kings), Craig Wing (High) it gets stronger.
Agreed. Many many more boys will end up in club rugby than go to League. These blokes then go on to become stalwarts of community rugby and keep the spirit of rugby alive and flowing passing down the traditions of the game, coaching, managing, volunteering etc... This is way more important than a few boys going to play a few years of RL.

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Fowler (J)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Jaques (S)
15. Rodwell (N)

Fairly solid team... Kings 12 has been brilliant but hard to overlook Gough.