• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugby Chris

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can we get a spaghetti cup update from all around the GPS!
Watched the 9th XV at SJC win verse scots 40-5!
looks like joeys may be at the top of this comp?

- Chug Chug Chug

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
While on the topic of league, I’ve tried to formulate a list of most of the current NRL players that went to GPS and/or CAS. Don't have much knowledge on CAS schools hence the minimal amount on the list.

1. Angus Critchon (Scots 2013)
2. Toluta'u Koula (Newington 2020)
3. Joseph Sua'ali'i (Kings 2020*)
4. Will Penisini (Kings 2020)
5. Cameron Murray (Newington 2015)
6. Billy Smith (Scots 2018*)
7. Taane Milne (Newington 2013)
8. Toby Rudolf (Scots 2014)

9. Isaiya Katoa (Barker 2022)
10. Connor Watson (Knox

If feels like all the kids they pinch from the AAGPS turn out to be superstars in the NRL. Would've be interesting to see how the Wallabies could've turned out if all of these players stayed.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to respond.

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can we get a spaghetti cup update from all around the GPS!
Watched the 9th XV at SJC win verse scots 40-5!
looks like joeys may be at the top of this comp?

- Chug Chug Chug
Hey Mate,

King's Social Team obliterated Joeys 57-5, not sure if Joey's are at the top of this comp after this performance. I believe that Scots is 1st followed shortly by King's.
Cheers

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
While on the topic of league, I’ve tried to formulate a list of all the current NRL players that went to GPS and/or CAS. Don't have much knowledge on CAS schools hence the minimal amount on the list.

1. Angus Critchon (Scots 2013)
2. Toluta'u Koula (Newington 2020)
3. Joseph Sua'ali'i (Kings 2020*)
4. Will Penisini (Kings 2020)
5. Cameron Murray (Newington 2015)
6. Billy Smith (Scots 2018*)
7. Taane Milne (Newington 2013)
8. Toby Rudolf (Scots 2014)

9. Isaiya Katoa (Barker 2022)
10. Ryan Cross (Waverly)
11. Connor Watson (Knox

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to respond.
Connor Watson - Knox
Lachlan Ilias - Trinity
Bailey Simonsson - Newington
Tanne Milne - Newington
Joey Lussick - Newington
Suia Wong - Scots

List would get really long if you went through the QLD system. Ones I can think of

Pat Carrigan - St Josephs Gregory Terrace
Murray Taulagi - Brisbane State High
Dane Gagai - Brisbane Boys College
Sam Walker - Ipswich Grammar

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
The 1st XV obsession and under age rep stuff is important and at the same time a major distraction. The number of U18 Aussie Schools players that develop into full blown internationals is low. Watching a lot of schools footy and being really analytical you realise that often the most skilful players, the best game managers etc are sometimes in 2’s, perhaps they’re behind a more physically developed player, perhaps the coach is looking for certain things or has a bias, maybe injuries are a factor. Point is, mindset and application beyond the cloistered walls of the 1st XV Private school bubble is the major factor. Some players peak at 17, others are just getting started.
1716946450782.png

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Darby Loudon (17)
I remember that. Too funny. One sad one I recall was when Joeys won on the bell in 92 at the ‘Star. As the Joeys kicker was walking in to kick a Scots old boy from a very crowded hill yelled out “Joeys fag@&t” to a totally silent crowd. Kicker nailed it and the great revenge match for Scots saw them beaten at the death..,..again.

I miss the hill. With the drunken old boys providing colorful and very funny commentary those who were perched on the slope enjoyed great entertainment. Sad to see it taken away by whatever is there now.
I'm glad we can still witness these antics from joe boys, joker. Lke when the the barrier at Leichardt was broken by your angelic old boys, or in 2018 when Joeys old boys stormed the field and assualted a Riverview 1st XV player.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I feel when doing this, not all players who go to league from GPS schools are created equal. Someone like Siua came to Scots because of league (bought over by the Roosters), while Crichton would've rathered played Union.
Absolutely. A lot aren't lost to Rugby in reality.

Purpose of the question was to just list them. Becomes quite the squad though. Throw in some of the older names like Ben Kennedy (Joeys), Jarrod Saffy (Joeys), Daniel Conn (Kings), Craig Wing (High) it gets stronger.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Darby Loudon (17)
A stalwart of the GPS rugby establishment told me that Craig Wing was the best schoolboy player hes ever seen.

But yeah we've lost heaps and we are gonna lose more. Now we are losing players who would've always played Union, but now the path forged by players like Crichton have showed boys there are other ways to go.

The big factor also is its bloody hard to get a contract straight out of school and play professionally if you want to play Union. The selection for these spots are plagued by nepotism and politics (mainly in regards to NSW), coupled with the fact league has about 10x more contracted spots with likely more money being on offer for U20 athletes.

Listened to podcast with Ronald Volkman (Waverley OB). He said he wanted to go to Union over league but didn't get offered any oppotunities in Union so he picked league.

Chugby Chris

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey Mate,

King's Social Team obliterated Joey's 57-5, not sure if Joey's are at the top of this comp after this performance. I believe that Scot's is 1st followed shortly by King's.
Cheers
which joeys team was it? because the team in the spaghetti cup from joeys is the 9th XV? and they are yet to lose, yet verse a kings team?

Doing my HSC

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW 1 prediction now that the system is fixed up

1. Harper Strachan (Knox)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Daniel Osborne (Riverview)
4. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
5. Isaac Fonua (Kings)
6. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
7. Johannes Logan (Joeys)
8. Toby Brial (Scots)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Joe Walsh (Augs)
11. Leo Jacques (Scots)
12. Louis Fenwickle (Kings)
13. Ethan Tombs (Joeys)
14. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

16. Riley Osborne (Augs)/Charlie Ghattas (Joeys)
17. Hayden Lavercome (Kings)
18. Nick Hill (Barker)
19. Phoenix Graham (Riverview)
20. Marshall Lemaite (Shore)
21. Sam Blank (Augs)
22. Troy Patea (Waverley)
23. Jai Challaghan (Shore)

MR BOOOZE

Frank Row (1)
GPS SECOND PREDICTION

1- Daniel Osbourne (SIC)
2- Angus Phillips (SIC)
3- Jameson lynn (Shore)
4- Finnlay Bartlett (Scotts)
5- Andrew Cabot (Wagga)
6- Angus Masters (Kings)
7- Henri Dempsey (SIC)
8- Walter walker (Some college in kensington) C
9- Jack binnie (Shore)
10- Jack henry (SIC) VC
11- Oliver arnold (shore)
12 Julian reynolds (Shore)
13- Harison Hill (Joeys)
14- Ben Snoozie (SIC)
15- Max mason (SIC)

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
NSW 1 prediction now that the system is fixed up

1. Harper Strachan (Knox)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Daniel Osborne (Riverview)
4. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
5. Isaac Fonua (Kings)
6. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
7. Johannes Logan (Joeys)
8. Toby Brial (Scots)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Joe Walsh (Augs)
11. Leo Jacques (Scots)
12. Louis Fenwickle (Kings)
13. Ethan Tombs (Joeys)
14. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

16. Riley Osborne (Augs)/Charlie Ghattas (Joeys)
17. Hayden Lavercome (Kings)
18. Nick Hill (Barker)
19. Phoenix Graham (Riverview)
20. Marshall Lemaite (Shore)
21. Sam Blank (Augs)
22. Troy Patea (Waverley)
23. Jai Challaghan (Shore)
This is a ridiculous take.
Lavercombe will start over Osborne and Ethan Tombs and Louis Fenwicke will not be starting either.
I think we should refrain from making teams this early in the season only GPS teams please

Last edited:

Joker

Staff member
Close to complete tables

EXCEPT 15As Riverview v Newington.

Once I have that I can give you completed tables with results.

Joker

Staff member
I'm glad we can still witness these antics from joe boys, joker. Lke when the the barrier at Leichardt was broken by your angelic old boys, or in 2018 when Joeys old boys stormed the field and assualted a Riverview 1st XV player.
One of those boys who fell was my son. Fortunately he was unscathed. An accident due to a decaying piece of infrastructure and not a premeditated action.

The 2018 accusation of old boys attacking a student was dismissed by a combined committee from other school after video showed he was bumped and his response was to attack the old boys. Ugly yes. But it was not students distracting a kicker which this was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.