• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
m
Captain Crash Ball here,
Agreed, although I am associated with Riverview I can't help but give praise to the fabulous play of the St josephs under 16 a's. In their game against Ignatius at Hunters Hill, they showed their strengths and simply diced apart the Riverview defence, their structure and lead-up play were a sight to see.
A team to watch in the years to come
Regards Captain Crash Ball
once again captain crash here to disturb the forum. just leave mate. if your not gonna respect the forum, we will not respect you back. sorry no hard feelings joker just had to be said.

anyone with me?

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
Word coming out of St Augustines fullback Tylan Berryman, has sustained a season threatining ACL injury during his gym session this morning for the big game against Oakhill. Suspected to be out for the rest of the season, terrible loss for the saints boys. Max Jordan is expected to get the call up as he is playing superb in the seconds team as fullback.
I think there is an ISA 2024 forum somewhere on G&G mate

play out back

Peter Burge (5)
Word coming out of St Augustines fullback Tylan Berryman, has sustained a season threatining ACL injury during his gym session this morning for the big game against Oakhill. Suspected to be out for the rest of the season, terrible loss for the saints boys. Max Jordan is expected to get the call up as he is playing superb in the seconds team as fullback.
Big loss good player very electric one of the reason that have been going so well this year

Running_rugby_1954

Ron Walden (29)
Wishing Tylan Berryman a speedy recovery. It's unfortunate news, but his contribution this year has been outstanding. Hopefully, Max Jordan will step up and fill the gap effectively.

Brad Pitt-stop

Bob McCowan (2)
Word coming out of the view camp before the upcoming game against scots; Year 10 Jack Plamondon selected at half back over Angus Grover, in the Riverview 1st XV. Head Coach Lestrange has allegedly commented on the matter saying "Trust me bra". Mr Plamondon scored a try, breaking the season long try drought that has plagued the extremely successful SIC 16as side. So you would have to assume the promotion is well justified and welcomed by the community. In light of this move, the prince of Riverview rugby Angus Grover has been dethroned, being move to the wing in the replacement of injured Tom Hartman. You would naturally assume the dropping of a starting player from the squad in upcoming weeks due to Plamondons almost guaranteed debut hattrick.

View by 45

Joker

Staff member
Well to me, The forum was TOOOO QUIET during the school holidays so its rather entertaining not to mention hilarious reading all the comments from students (pretending to be adults) who are clearly NOT paying attention in class ha ha
A2C7E363-EF20-43FD-BA7E-80BD61221CC3.jpeg

Joker

Staff member
On the topic of Shore starting to give scholarships, what do you guys think is the point of this? to revive an almost-dead program by flushing through top-tier talent or any other reason. i just feel scholarships is one way to start up a program but that instils a sense of entitlement and it is much more time-consuming but better long-term to start bringing in top-tier coaching and a culture of shore-bred rugby players.

thoughts on shore scholarships or scholarships in general.
Warning
Please refrain from any discussion about this topic. You will be hammered hard. Its not worth it.

B7244BF1-2869-452A-9868-E69F53E333D2.jpeg

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
No one here can handle the truth about upcoming prodigy George Wormwell and it shows
Mate it's schoolboys like you who ruin it for schoolboys with a genuine interest in the forum. Schoolboys provide some genuine and intelligent contributions to the forum and others constantly intrude with silly inside jokes that might get a laugh from 1 or two of your mates. Do better

-Superman

brumbiesrugby

Nev Cottrell (35)
My great grandson and I were watching the rugby sevens and he was telling me that he had a rugby sevens boy in his year at (SJC) Ben Dowling who is competing in the Olympics and he wanted me to see if theres any former gps players representing any countries.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Caesar
Henry Hutchison (Riverview), Michael Icely (travelling reserve, Joeys).

Reactions: rip

tight5

Frank Nicholson (4)
Reading your comments, you and I actually agree let me elaborate;
Yes, we may end up without the superstars to win the U15,16,18 if we choose to omit players that plays the other code. But Is winning the U15-U18 trophy the main goal of a Super Rugby academy? I doubt that very much (only partly). If we omit them from selection and lose, RA should ask the question,

1. How do we attract them to continue playing rugby union? (Perhaps as you mentioned, "commit to the players with a signed contract")
2 How do we retain them in the game to hopefully become professionals?
3 Have we got the right coaching team?
4 Need more working capital perhaps in the program?
Many other questions can be raised.

BUT IF we omit them from selection and the 'left over' (your word) players continues the winning streak? Well then RUGBY UNION WINS, we have selected the right representative players who loves the game and will continue to play the game (maybe a bit optimistic here)

As long as we continue to select the dual code players just to win at Junior level we are band aiding the issue.

My 2 cents. I'm not a professional, only a rugby union fanatic.
RA need to win back the rooms by clawing back some Integrity into NSWJRU then interest from thTo do this need transparency in below

1. Pathways - TAHS/GENBLUE/STATE/SCHOOL/DISTRICT/CLUB. Pathways shown no one knows the steps
2. Minimum and position specific player requirements to make TAHs down to district made available and posted. Testing at club prior to selection to trial at player cost. Especially mental toughness
3. Selection - Needs to reference 1 and 2
4. Open feedback - Players need feedback specific to how they can advance

Generally MOST union players start playing at CLUB before going into GPS, ISA etc. Coaching methods mile's apart in terms of style and end goal.

Don't think it's just about new programs and $ to fund them. I'd be able to find a 1/2 dozen passionate volunteers who'd be able to run a program for the greater good to prep talent etc

Pointless if they and anyone else don't know what the final product (Developed Player) should look like

My 2 cents

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
My predictions for how games will go this weekend

Joeys Vs Kings
Assuming Joey's forwards got a spray for their second half this past weekend so those boys better perform. This match isn't clear cut as Kings did get that spectacular upset over Joey's earlier in the season and hopefully, another miracle can occur. Being realistic though I think Joey's forward pack will be putting on a much better performance all around and not just the first half and their backs will continue in the excellent form they've seen all season. Prediction 28-13 Joeys

View Vs Scots
Scots scoring seems to consistently come from their back line and with Hartman out that wing may become a target. If they're able to continue their offensive form as well as construct a solid forwards game they would certainly be favourites. Saying this the Swamps a different level but with a sunny forecast, I wouldn't see any advantage of being custom to the grounds from View. 25-15 Scots

Newington Vs Shore
I see Shore destroying Newington this weekend. They'll be much more locked in I assumed with a premiership being a very real and attainable achievement. Newington coming off a loss isn't looking too hopeful and I believe the bridge will be truly and utterly defended this weekend.
35-5 Shore

Hit me with what you think is stupid

-Superman

Maulmaster

Frank Row (1)
My predictions for how games will go this weekend

Joeys Vs Kings
Assuming Joey's forwards got a spray for their second half this past weekend so those boys better perform. This match isn't clear cut as Kings did get that spectacular upset over Joey's earlier in the season and hopefully, another miracle can occur. Being realistic though I think Joey's forward pack will be putting on a much better performance all around and not just the first half and their backs will continue in the excellent form they've seen all season. Prediction 28-13 Joeys

View Vs Scots
Scots scoring seems to consistently come from their back line and with Hartman out that wing may become a target. If they're able to continue their offensive form as well as construct a solid forwards game they would certainly be favourites. Saying this the Swamps a different level but with a sunny forecast, I wouldn't see any advantage of being custom to the grounds from View. 25-15 Scots

Newington Vs Shore
I see Shore destroying Newington this weekend. They'll be much more locked in I assumed with a premiership being a very real and attainable achievement. Newington coming off a loss isn't looking too hopeful and I believe the bridge will be truly and utterly defended this weekend.
35-5 Shore

Hit me with what you think is stupid

-Superman
My money's on View to win. Playing and defeating Riverview at the Swamp is no easy feat especially when it's View's last home game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.