• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Australian Schools Rugby Union - ASRU. Just be careful which one you contact..most of the posts on Facebook right now are from a fraudulent group ;-) Unless of course you want to join the dark side...

1719909968919.jpeg

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Unsure. CAS have won three I know of
Don't expect to find many on the AAGPS website.
Pathetic, this is why I created the attached document.
ISA beating these teams? No idea

1719912444615.png

Attachments

• GPS Rugby Premiership History 1892 onwards (2023 ver.).pdf
    789.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Rudderless

Bill McLean (32)
Day 2 - Wednesday 3rd July

Australian Schools Rugby Championships

ALL being played on FIELD 7

10am

Combined v Victoria

11.30am
ACT v QLD 1

1pm
QLD 2 v NSW Juniors

2.30pm
NSW 1 v NSW 2

moa999

Billy Sheehan (19)
Would agree. They filmed the secondary games on Joey's 2 last week (albeit with a sideline camera that often got blocked by coaches/players) so I'd expect the same up North

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
this tournament is devalued and meaningless since PONI players are excluded in NSW teams and the Queensland teams are not allowed to pick GPS players because their season hasn't started yet. So the QLD players come from 2nd string rugby schools (no Nudgee, Terrace, Southport, BBC etc)

Balmain Subbies

Watty Friend (18)
@Joker I think CHS did over GPS in 1998. Very handy CHS side and the first I saw this man mountain David Lyons play alongside some kid with dreads called George Smith at the "old" Concord stadium.

You could also image my suprise seeing George Smith run out for CHS 1st when not 1hr before he was Infront of me at the Macca's across the road (now a 7/11 petrol station I think) ordering a big Mac meal & nuggets. It was one of those games I left, knowing those two boys would wear gold one day.

I know CHS isn't ISA or CAS but it was a segue for a good old story.

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
this tournament is devalued and meaningless since PONI players are excluded in NSW teams and the Queensland teams are not allowed to pick GPS players because their season hasn't started yet. So the QLD players come from 2nd string rugby schools (no Nudgee, Terrace, Southport, BBC etc)
Not for the players playing
Rugby in Australia really has just become a bunch of people constantly upset at everything

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The system has always existed but under different names/administration. PONI, NTS etc. It's a process to remove double handling within Rugby which is needed. We don't need the ASRU to be a separate body within the Rugby landscape. It serves no purpose now and is a relic of the amateur days that many in Rugby seem stuck in.

We recognise how League has built a flow through from NRL down to SG Ball, Harold Matthews and this is an attempt to re create. The fact ASRU still exist is good and gives even more players an opportunity to play rep footy who wouldn't have years ago.
Although rugby league still has a schoolboy system and schoolboy championships, and while the whole thing is run under the auspices of the ARL/NRL the teams are very much selected and coached by their relevant associations and teaching staff. Their equivalent schools championship start this weekend.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm fairly certain that ISA have never beaten GPS, they may have had a win somewhere against CAS but I'm unsure. ISA have been a steady improver in these games. ISA lacks the depth of GPS, but seems to be much closer in depth and strength to CAS than it has been in the past.

Going back into the mists of time CHS have beaten both GPS and CAS at a time when the spread of talent was different - I don't think ISA existed at that time or if it did it was very small and uncompetitive.