• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Here for the advice

Frank Nicholson (4)
Many years ago touring squads for the wallabies were picked that way with each state able to nominate player hence some random tourists from Victoria and other states and also country representatives and many NSW v QLd quotas - none official but very much adhered too. (Much like the governance of the Rugby Australia).

Rudderless

Bill McLean (32)
Best of luck to all the teams tomorrow

1719829963775.png

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
I’m surprised nobody is giving Shore much of a chance next year. They have the GPS 1sts 10 and 15 returning and 3 representatives from the presidents A side. I think they’ll be right amongst the top, likely with Joeys and Ignatius.

sundayeightpm

Frank Nicholson (4)
Lol - everyone said that last year about Scots this year. Whoops. Too far out to predict any semblance of success mate...but I guess we can have fun predicting ;-)

shaquille_oatmeal

Frank Nicholson (4)
Taking into account the discourse over the last few pages it's clear talent can change significantly between now and next season. I think it'll be tough to predict the outcome with most GPS teams going into this second half of the season given recent developments alone. Also watching all this discussion on individual players whilst important, seeing how teams played before the break and some of the rep sides too I think the synergy and chemistry of the teams will also become an important factor going into this next group of games.

As many have pointed out talent is abundant across many teams, but teams that can link those players and materialize that talent into results will benefit the most both this season and those that follow.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
The system has always existed but under different names/administration. PONI, NTS etc. It's a process to remove double handling within Rugby which is needed. We don't need the ASRU to be a separate body within the Rugby landscape. It serves no purpose now and is a relic of the amateur days that many in Rugby seem stuck in.

We recognise how League has built a flow through from NRL down to SG Ball, Harold Matthews and this is an attempt to re create. The fact ASRU still exist is good and gives even more players an opportunity to play rep footy who wouldn't have years ago.

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
In Rugby League, the ASSRL is a separate association, similar to ASRU being separate.

Not that you are - but I swear we all spend more time looking for reasons to be offended and annoyed with "this n that" than we do in actually leaning into what is good about the game.

There will always be different opinions on any selections - look at state of origin.
The poni system is a way of doing it, and it has its pluses and minuses.

Everyone take a chill pill and enjoy some schoolboy rugby today.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah nah. PONI is a genuinely dumb way of doing it…… sure it’s a way but it is a limiting way thunked up by not very bright people. There should be singular pathway once we get to state level so talent can be assessed on a single stage. Clubs and schools into associations and districts into states. Single, stream lined and aspirational.

sundayeightpm

Frank Nicholson (4)
On another related/un-related point...who is following the ASRU organisation on Facebook. it appears there are scammers and fakes all over it. I received around 10 invites to join on Facebook etc The latest is the promotion from Skysportes (promoting an affiliation with RugbyTV). How does this happen?