• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
My memory of colour comp is that everyone played in U13s and U14s. Then only Cs and lower after that. There were 2 divisions, A - D and E and below. I have distinct memories of playing in 13s because my blue team won the GF. My only recollection of 14s CC is Archie giving everyone on both teams a fair because someone on the field swore at the bottom of the ruck. When asked by a cheeky 10 why he didn’t just punish the forwards in the ruck, Archie’s swift response was, “you backs already get away with too much standing around in your clean jerseys”.
Archie must have gone soft. In my day he would punched the 10 then given six of the best. Terror built character was his motto.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
News.

Big rain this Saturday. Conditions will be hard. Venue predictions.

Stirling Bridge. With a big wind predicted it will be hard for both. Astute kicking needed

Deathstar. Can easily turn to mud due to very poor drainage. Footing will be hard. Wind will swirl.

Castle Grey Skull. Surface will be ok as it is well drained. Swirling wind may prove problematic.
Ignatius jumping up and down hearing this. SIRC will be flooded, Shore need to adapt their gameplan. Learn from what happened against SIC.

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
News.

Big rain this Saturday. Conditions will be hard. Venue predictions.

Stirling Bridge. With a big wind predicted it will be hard for both. Astute kicking needed

Deathstar. Can easily turn to mud due to very poor drainage. Footing will be hard. Wind will swirl.

Castle Grey Skull. Surface will be ok as it is well drained. Swirling wind may prove problematic.
@Joker what happens if weather turns for the worst, you might get stuck at Castle Grey Skull overnight … ???

Newington boys winning the CIS Basketball champion couple nights ago, good show so hopefully the newington boys can get a decent crowd at shore,
IMG_3865.png

Reactions: Syd

Richard Shelliburger

Frank Row (1)
What's the predictions for the prestigious 9th XV competition this weekend? Are they all playing the same schools as the higher teams???

RTBLT
Riverview nic ninths are on top of the spaghetti cup after a 40-0 win over cranbrook 5ths. Would love to see another blinder performance from sam "hybrid" polich as the boys call him and the Maltese falcon. The spaghetti cup is heating up and its gonna be a tough one this weekend against an undefeated sydney boys high team with plenty of size and tikka to back them.

gowavesboys

Bob McCowan (2)
Riverview nic ninths are on top of the spaghetti cup after a 40-0 win over cranbrook 5ths. Would love to see another blinder performance from sam "hybrid" polich as the boys call him and the Maltese falcon. The spaghetti cup is heating up and its gonna be a tough one this weekend against an undefeated sydney boys high team with plenty of size and tikka to back them.
this is the type of footy chat I came on the forum for

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
Knock Knock,

Plenty of great matchups this week with some close battles to be fought come Saturday. Keen to see my dark horses in kings take on the Catholics amidst the lush paddock of the white. Can the Joeys Priests pray to the big man upstairs to hold off Gods great nectar from gracing the White oval at 3:15? Despite this being what the royals are hoping for can it give them the edge over Joeys. Im not quite sure that it will put the favourites off their game entirely. The foreseen rain could cause some wild brumbies to run a muck through the Joeys piggies with the occasional stallion giving the Joe boys some real grief. Im not entirely sure that the rain should take the choir boy backline of Joeys out of the game I think we can expect to see Joeys kicking it deep and looking to corner the brits just like the Norman conquest of the 11th century. The White should be filled to the brim with it being the first Kings home game of the gps season as well as every Joe Boy, shadowing the battle ground on the opposite side of kings up on the hill. I think that this could be game of the round but we should expect some close contests throughout Sydney. I see Joeys getting up this week and could lead Kings to rethink some of their decisions or to charge on and look to bring it to the likes of View, New and Scots with some close contests already been fought this year. If joeys continue to run through the competition for the remainder of the season we may see a premiership to add to the pool room and possibly an undefeated side.