• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Shore being competitive ’is’ the rise. They hadn’t won a comp game in 6 years prior to 2022 due to being focused elsewhere. The turn around is dramatic, and good news for everyone. No one is suffering delusions of grandeur but they are now capable of a win, which seemed a long way off a few short years ago.

PS: Joeys has an extra ~500 kids in high school with a big portion in years 10-12 so a draw in that context for the smaller schools, is a thing.

Agreed.

Although I'm a little confused with your statement about Joeys? 1000 students attend Joeys in 7 to 12 and about 1300 attend Shore in 7 to 12.

I may have misunderstood your point so please enlighten me if I have haha

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
That is what's brewing in the background. Its been brewing for years and it will happen. CIS teams is now considered "competitive" in the ASSRL. The CIS U15 in POOL A has won the title 2 years in a row now 2022 & 2023. First time ever in 2022. Heamasi, Onitoni, Talen, Hasani all played in that 2022 team that won. No loss to Union? Well I guess this is only school boys rugby, who cares about Super rugby etc I guess ey.
I think ur right , it will eventually happen . As long as the talent keeps coming , it makes little difference to gps schools if the students go to league or union.

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
4th XV Round 3 Preview

The anticipation mounts as we gear up for another exhilarating round of the 4th XV competition this Saturday, June 1st. With six teams ready to edge out their opponents, the quest for glory intensifies with each passing match.

Shore 4th XV vs. Newington 3rd XV
A clash of titans awaits as the undefeated Shore's 4th XV squares off against Newington's 3rd XV in what promises to be a thrilling encounter. Both teams have shown resilience and skill in their lead-up trials, setting the stage for an intense battle on the field. With home advantage on their side, Shore's 4th XV aims to harness their momentum and secure a decisive victory against their formidable opponents. Shore 13+.

Kings 4th XV vs. Joeys 4th XV
A showdown of epic proportions looms as Kings' 4th XV locks horns with Joeys' 4th XV in a battle for supremacy. With both teams eager to assert their dominance, expect sparks to fly as they leave everything on the field. Kings, determined to bounce back from previous setbacks, will look to leverage their home advantage and unleash their full potential against the formidable challenge posed by Joeys. Joeys 1-12.

Scots 4th XV vs. Riverview 4th XV
An enthralling contest awaits as Scots' 4th XV takes on Riverview's 4th XV in a clash of rugby powerhouses. Scots, buoyed by their previous successes, will be keen to maintain their winning streak against a formidable Riverview side. However, Riverview's strength and determination cannot be underestimated, setting the stage for a fiercely contested match that is sure to keep spectators on the edge of their seats. Scots by 1.

As the teams prepare to take to the field, we wish all players the best of luck in their pursuit of victory and glory in the rounds ahead.
Sorry to disturb, but Scots 3s & 4s are versing Joeys 3s and 4s, and Scots 5s & 6s are versing View's 4s & 5s.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
The data on the Wikipedia page is confusing. It says Shore has 1200 students which is the case in the senior school but Shore has 1600 including the prep school and ELC. Whereas the data shows Kings full population across all its campuses.

Last edited:
Gps 1st XV 2024:

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Brial (S) C
5. Fonua (K)
6. Logan (J)
7. LeMaitre (E) VC
8. Taumoepeau (J)
9. Grover (I)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Hartman (I)
14. Mackenzie (S)
15. Jacques (S)

16. Fowler (J)
17. Graham (I)
18. Greer (J)
19. Callaghan (E)
20. Baxter (E)
21. Rodwell (N)
22. Conick (E)
23. toombs (J)

I expect controversy so feel free to speak your mind, but I also thought I'd give a bit of reasoning. What previous predictions have failed to do is also factor in the likely preferences of coaches. Lavercombe and Warner I beleive to be locks. Osborne (I) deserves a mention as he is lifting the riverview forward pack and playing great footy, but I think a year in the 2s will be the approach as he still has next year to acheive that GPS 1sts jersey. Currently, Taumoepeau is the best 8 in the comp. Regardless, it's almost impossible to leave Brial out due to previous performance and the fact he's still playing well. I give Fonua the edge over competitors, but captain of the dominant looking joeys side Greer and Shore's powerhouse Baxter will be making statements for this a jersey. With Cleverly (N) injured, Logan takes the 6 jersey maybe for good performing outstandingly so far. LeMaitre's versatile impact can't be overlooked, also a lock IMO. HM Dempsey (I) who I believe will take this jersey in the future. Grover's a lock IMO. Bassingthwaite takes #10, I don't think he's had a game without scoring. Could make a serious argument for fowler but what would give him the edge is his kicking game, something I don't think is needed with a backline filled with strong kickers. Gough has been a key player for a dominant joeys side IMO making him the front runner but Conick and Fenwicke are looking to conquer that. Hartman playing well just as predicted. If we see him on the wing doing what he did last year I think Mackenzie will take the #14 jersey. Regardless of team performance I've still got Jacques at 15. Let me know what you think fellas.
No Angus Phillips (I)??? Even for a bench spot? I feel like he has been one of a more underrated player for View this year. Although his lineouts struggle late in the second half, He is a very solid hooker.

RTBLT

Ghost of Raelene, I disagree. Lineouts are a crucial part of a hookers game. As for not needing it in the Wallabies, the Wallabies play at a standard that is sub par at best. Maybe they would be better if they did care more about their lineouts.

He still has to be in contention. His sheer size has to see him be close. Personally, that warner kid isn't anywhere as naturally as good as Phillips (except maybe those lineouts).

RTBLT

Richard Shelliburger

Frank Row (1)
No Angus Phillips (I)??? Even for a bench spot? I feel like he has been one of a more underrated player for View this year. Although his lineouts struggle late in the second half, He is a very solid hooker.

RTBLT
Not sure to be honest. Seems like he try's his best out there, shows a lot of heart. If it was up to me id pick him for a bench spot as he's quite versatile especially for the rolling mauls.

Shelly