• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC onwards and upwards

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only logical choice would be rat park where there is no cricket pitch.
Prefer north Sydney oval as would get more fans from different areas - upper north shore too scary and far for eastern suburb, southern suberbs and western suburbs folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If Eagles make Grand Final it will be at venue of their choosing. I don't think playing the GF at a country venue would be best opportunity from a marketing and promotion of the competition perspective, even moreso if they end up playing the Rays in the GF.

Its a tough one.

They are - after all - NSW Country and Orange missed a game this year due to unforeseen circumstances.

That would be a massive PR exercise in taking rugby back to the country, should the Eagles make it.

I'm sure Pappy would still find something to bitch about, of course.

T

TOCC

I think changing out a drop in pitch is quite a big exercise as well, the size of a pitch is massive on its own and for the health of the grass they try not to do it regularly...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pitzy, yes point taken they are Country Eagles, but they are made up of many Sydney clubs and play one home game at Sydney venue.

But yes given they are meant to represent country probably Country venue likely and within their rights. Orange probably best Country option as they would get a half decent crowd given they attracted 2000 or so when last held a game there.

If ever got to be a bigger comp may be worth reconsidering where you hold the Grand Final showcase but that is certainly some time (or dream) off.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
One of the few things we have over (most) of the other codes is the fact that any team can host the grand final, that's something we should be holding onto. As long as the stadium is up to it, and there are plenty that are, there's no reason to move it.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Pitzy, yes point taken they are Country Eagles, but they are made up of many Sydney clubs and play one home game at Sydney venue.

But yes given they are meant to represent country probably Country venue likely and within their rights. Orange probably best Country option as they would get a half decent crowd given they attracted 2000 or so when last held a game there.

If ever got to be a bigger comp may be worth reconsidering where you hold the Grand Final showcase but that is certainly some time (or dream) off.

They got what looked like a pretty good turnout in Tamworth, too.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
If it's not Orange let's hope it's Bathurst so's we can get there and back in one day.

woofrickinhoo! missed out on orange, be great in me own backyard. Barbie and beers for all (and loud music) for the pre game get together. Stay the night if you wanna get on the piss before, during and after btw.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Can a drop in pitch be taken out for the weekend as I thought they had a drop-in there?

Costs something like $30,000 I'm pretty sure to take it out and put it in to the side again which would be x 2. Also the Matador Cup final is there on the Sunday week which would be just as big a fixture as the NRC final.