• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The way the French are playing they are certainly losing the battle to maintain my attention on this game. Reliving nostalgic old Sailor Moon ep's on the computer & this forum are so far winning that battle.

23-0 Cruden slots another one through. French seem to have no real plan from what I've seen.

AB's to the French after the haka "In the name of the fern, we punish you!".

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Michalak more lateral than the Namib westerly. Kicking also shite. Not international standard.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Long passing, breaking tackles, short pass, left foot kick, flick pass!! All the skills displayed in that one.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of the best displays from the Blacks in the last year. That's twice in one year they have held a tier one nation scoreless.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The All Blacks showed perfect execution in a fairly conservative game plan with total counter attack. The French showed pretty much the opposite. What was their game plan? Did they forget as they ran out? They were pretty clueless really, a great disappointment.
Unfortunately it appeared to me that they tried to play a low risk game, and totally forgot where their strengths lie. Doesn't bode well for the Wallabies really.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I think the game also showed that Dane Coles looks like he is going to be not to bad at test level, which is good to see, I a bit of a fan of seeing players developing to next level. Also think we have still got a reasonable amount of depth showing through to cover injuries etc.
Will be waiting to see 3rd test team announced, no doubt Shag will make a couple of changes now series is won, but don't think he will go overboard!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It looks like we should put the plans for the extensions to the trophy cabinet at Castle St Leonards on hold.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think the game also showed that Dane Coles looks like he is going to be not to bad at test level, which is good to see, I a bit of a fan of seeing players developing to next level. Also think we have still got a reasonable amount of depth showing through to cover injuries etc.
Will be waiting to see 3rd test team announced, no doubt Shag will make a couple of changes now series is won, but don't think he will go overboard!

I wish he would go 'overboard'. What is there to lose? Give Ranger a start at 13, B Smith at 15, Luatua to the bench maybe Todd at 7.

We've won the series and some of these guys will be getting on a bit come 2015 - need to keep the new blood hungry and get them exposed to Test rugby.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Bull the thing I think he has to lose is the young players losing confidence. I would rather he stayed reasonably conservative, bring in a couple of players at a time, let them settle into a team playing well, and learn the patterns etc that way. Imagine throwing in too many young uns and they lose!! Could actually do more damage than good!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bull the thing I think he has to lose is the young players losing confidence. I would rather he stayed reasonably conservative, bring in a couple of players at a time, let them settle into a team playing well, and learn the patterns etc that way. Imagine throwing in too many young uns and they lose!! Could actually do more damage than good!

Graham Henry used to say that you learn more from your losses than you do your wins.

Luatua would really be the only 'young' player who you might want to look after in that regard. If Ben Smith, Rene Ranger and Matt Todd lost confidence from 1 loss against the French - they're not up to international standard.

This really is an ideal Test to get some exposure to more young blood. I doubt there would be a huge out-cry if they lost.....the main focus would be how they performed and how they bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.