• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Charles Piatau, from Tonga U20s to the All Blacks
Luatua from Samoa U20's to the All Blacks

So much to play for Samoans at the JWC

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd take Perenara over Kerr-Barlow anyday

Yep, to me Kerr-Barlow is 4/5th best halfback in country. A.Smith, Ellis/Perenara, Kerr-Barlow/Weepu. He lead us down the blind a couple of times after massive front foot ball, frustrating. He also has a lot of those knock-on's at the back of rucks not securing the ball. He's not bad, I just don't see why he's ahead of the others.

Good last try, finally some decent rugby, new boys did well in their limited time. Barrett more game time please, (somehow/where on the field).

Charles Piatau, from Tonga U20s to the All Blacks
Luatua from Samoa U20's to the All Blacks

So much to play for Samoans at the JWC

Both born in NZ, Piatau played 1 yr for Tonga and 1 for NZ. Luatua played 1 for Samoa and two years for NZ U20's.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
He's worth it, such a great player but I can understand his frustration with Nonu getting a run on before him. He's killed him the last 3 years.

Absolutely. Problem is for Ranger is Nonu's less than stellar S15 performances have led to some pretty spectacular AB form. Also Ranger has been inconsistent under the old Blue's coaching regime.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Agreed. Not playing with any urgency, would have liked to see him outside Smith (A) though

he's a champ so i expect him to have a few more bloody good games at the top but his goal kicking was off, he dropped a ball. Just not DC - may be that he hasn't played for a while.
Who knows - the NZ press will tell me what to make of it in the morning I suspect.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep, to me Kerr-Barlow is 4/5th best halfback in country. A.Smith, Ellis/Perenara, Kerr-Barlow/Weepu. He lead us down the blind a couple of times after massive front foot ball, frustrating. He also has a lot of those knock-on's at the back of rucks not securing the ball. He's not bad, I just don't see why he's ahead of the others.

Good last try, finally some decent rugby, new boys did well in their limited time. Barrett more game time please, (somehow/where on the field).

Both born in NZ, Piatau played 1 yr for Tonga and 1 for NZ. Luatua played 1 for Samoa and two years for NZ U20's.
Think you understand it the wrong way. Its not where they were born. Cause Bunce and most others were born in NZ. But its about who they represent first. And about when they shine for another country recruiting them for your own taking away continuity from the others

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rassie, it where you play senior rugby. Hell you think Piatau and Luatua would of played for Samoa and Tonga age grades games if they didn't shine in NZ?? Hell Kefu wallabies prop played for NZ age grade too, but no probs with him moving at that stage.
Though as an addon, are you sure Luatua played for Samoa u20?? I didn't think he had.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Absolutely. Problem is for Ranger is Nonu's less than stellar S15 performances have led to some pretty spectacular AB form. Also Ranger has been inconsistent under the old Blue's coaching regime.

Not to mention that he'd actually play 13 and take Conrad Smith's position.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not to mention that he'd actually play 13 and take Conrad Smith's position.

I don't reckon he would. My personal view is that this AB coaching panel, like the last see him as a winger. And I kinda agree. His best work is in space where in 1 on 1 situations he's an absolute handful. He's not a big offloader of the ball in contact and there are probably a couple of other guys that run better lines off the ball than Rene - eg Ben Smith and TNW.

I think he's fantastic on the wing.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I don't reckon he would. My personal view is that this AB coaching panel, like the last see him as a winger. And I kinda agree. His best work is in space where in 1 on 1 situations he's an absolute handful. He's not a big offloader of the ball in contact and there are probably a couple of other guys that run better lines off the ball than Rene - eg Ben Smith and TNW.

I think he's fantastic on the wing.

Is it any coincidence that his best year in Super Rugby has been when he's been at 13? I like having him closer to the ball both in attack and in defence where he pilfers a lot of ball and forces a lot of turn-overs (only Liam Gill has more pilfers than Ranger in Super Rugby). In terms of off-loads, he's 6th in the comp with 19. I'm also not sure that he has the out-and-out top speed for wing.....

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is it any coincidence that his best year in Super Rugby has been when he's been at 13? I like having him closer to the ball both in attack and in defence where he pilfers a lot of ball and forces a lot of turn-overs (only Liam Gill has more pilfers than Ranger in Super Rugby). In terms of off-loads, he's 6th in the comp with 19. I'm also not sure that he has the out-and-out top speed for wing...

Is he any slower than Kahui or Jane? I don't reckon he is. Last week he got a breakdown steal out on the wing.

As for his form, I just think its overall maturity. He's dropping the ball less, he's a leader in the team, and he seems to have fixed up a few off field issues. And I can't help but think he's happy knowing his future is secured with 600K Euros coming next season. That would help free the mind up a fair bit I reckon.... :)

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Is he any slower than Kahui or Jane? I don't reckon he is. Last week he got a breakdown steal out on the wing.

As for his form, I just think its overall maturity. He's dropping the ball less, he's a leader in the team, and he seems to have fixed up a few off field issues. And I can't help but think he's happy knowing his future is secured with 600K Euros coming next season. That would help free the mind up a fair bit I reckon.. :)

Well he does have an extremely unpleasant off the field record by comparison to Kahui or Jane. I'm mildly surprised he has even been reconsidered.

Status
Not open for further replies.