• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Not sure but he did tweet about not being able to head to Toulon (or wherever he is headed) until after the Rugby Championship.

jaymon112

Frank Row (1)
Cheers,

I don't understand why Link hasn't included him in the squad. He was all class against the Lions earlier in the year and would have the most experience of all the backs if he was in the team.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheers,

I don't understand why Link hasn't included him in the squad. He was all class against the Lions earlier in the year and would have the most experience of all the backs if he was in the team.

Because he wasn't particularly good this year which is why he was dumped from the Tah's starting lineup..........

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Cheers,

I assume you mean the Tahs v Lions, which was one of his only quality games all season.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
I reckon he still has knee issues. His pace is down and his knee looked to be heavily strapped when he came on.

Yeh having watched rugby hQ tonight I'm fairly sure he didn't have anything strapped... But I could be blind. That strapping tape blends in well.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I thought Drew put in some great performances towards the end of the season myself. Vs Force he was integral to the win for example. He wasn't the force he was in 2010 this year but by end season his stats were looking pretty good with 9.5+ m per run and a decent set of line breaks and try assists.

While I can understand wanting Crawford, choosing Betham or VV over Drew was more about giving those guys a go and some injury issues I'd think.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh having watched rugby hQ tonight I'm fairly sure he didn't have anything strapped. But I could be blind. That strapping tape blends in well.

You're probably right, I would have been seeing things through my haze of depression in that last 30 minutes.

Still think his knee has issues - pace is well down, rarely steps (that step on Cruden to score vs the Chiefs is one of the few I can remember this year).

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I thought Drew put in some great performances towards the end of the season myself. Vs Force he was integral to the win for example. He wasn't the force he was in 2010 this year but by end season his stats were looking pretty good with 9.5+ m per run and a decent set of line breaks and try assists.

While I can understand wanting Crawford, choosing Betham or VV over Drew was more about giving those guys a go and some injury issues I'd think.

It's not about Drew's attacking statistics. He made some very poor errors, often in bunches, that gave up tries or put the team under enormous pressure.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Stick this on the wall in the Wallabies change rooms before the game. FFS can we put together a big 80 minutes of aggressive in your face rugby and smash the AB's!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfmc_id=80&objectid=11112877

I read this this morning and I thought, 'Yep.....we're gonna lose this one now. Thanks Gregor!'

Saw Link at the press conference and gotta say that it's the first time I've been impressed by him. The whole 'The ABs have more right than anyone to be complacent .....' line has me thinking that he's starting to move the Wallaby's in the right direction.

Gregor Paul can help himself to an uppercut....

Richo

John Thornett (49)
That article is moronic on a whole range of levels, not least of which is comparing a 6 year stretch against the Wallabies to a 12 year stretch against France.

M

Moono75

I read this this morning and I thought, 'Yep...we're gonna lose this one now. Thanks Gregor!'

Saw Link at the press conference and gotta say that it's the first time I've been impressed by him. The whole 'The ABs have more right than anyone to be complacent ...' line has me thinking that he's starting to move the Wallaby's in the right direction.

Gregor Paul can help himself to an uppercut..

I've read a fair bit of Gregor Paul and he doesn't mind slipping into the Wallabies. Will have to see if Link has a plan to tackle the AB's. Invariably whenever we have a plan the AB's change tactics and catch us on the hop.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
That article is moronic on a whole range of levels, not least of which is comparing a 6 year stretch against the Wallabies to a 12 year stretch against France.
Agree.Another example of his stupidity saying England are greater rivals when they have only beaten AB's once in last 10 years.Looks like the Kiwis have got same class of journalists as us.

M

Moono75

....hopefully it has the same effect on the Wallabies

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I've read a fair bit of Gregor Paul and he doesn't mind slipping into the Wallabies. Will have to see if Link has a plan to tackle the AB's. Invariably whenever we have a plan the AB's change tactics and catch us on the hop.

The only thing worse than some of his articles are the videos he does with Wynne Gray. He's bloody awful in those....

Oh...and Chris Rattue's articles...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.