• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not surprised, had completely dropped off in form after his breakout season with the Highlanders. Can't help but feel it was attitude that held him back, as clearly he wasn't rated by Tony Brown, who preffered Mitch Hunt. Don't think he was ever likely to be in the AB frame again, and best for Chiefs to start developing Jacomb.
Definitley no surprise there. For all his promise he just seemed to hit his peak very early, and as you point out Jacomb has been developed by Chiefs and is honestly abetter 10 I believe. Not quite sure what it is with Ioane, he is a good player, shows flashes at times, but hasn't quite got that last bit to be a top player here. All the best to him anyway, hope it goes well.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
While I agree Ioane is unlikely to be in the AB frame anytime soon & wish him well it's still an erosion of depth in a position we're not particularly strong in right now.

WoodysRFC

Stan Wickham (3)
While I agree Ioane is unlikely to be in the AB frame anytime soon & wish him well it's still an erosion of depth in a position we're not particularly strong in right now.
Yes, and no, I think we've an incredibly talented next crop coming through (Jacomb, Cashmore, Millar, Sullivan, Godfrey, Faleafaga to name a few) who are all between that 20 - 25 age bracket, I'd imagine Ioane was only ever going to occupy that 10 / 15 bench slot, where Jacomb would be preferred at 10 going forward. I think with McKenzie, Plummer, Cameron, Perofeta, and Barrett as older 10s, we've got the players who can safeguard that next crop of 10s coming through, which I think is one of the best groups I've seen in years. Certainly better than the 2010s which seemed to cough up a handful of gems, and a lot of journeymen.