• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels Players - where are they going?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Thought Leota was wanted mainly at Tahs, not Reds. Probably one of the guys waiting to see who is coach before committing.

They would be desperate for a 6 after losing Hanigan AND Swinton and now potentially Holloway. I can only see them releasing Holloway IF they get both LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Leota.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
My understanding is that while the tahs want Leota, he wants to go to the Reds. Really difficult to see him fitting into the Reds line up as it stands though, particularly if Salakaia-Loto comes in. Would probably need Liam Wright to depart and I'd rather see the Reds hang onto him (and expect they'd feel the same).

Reactions: Ged

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
Rugby Australia wrangling is what is happening at the Force!

Was really hoping the wealth would be distributed fairly.... not a f***ing chance!

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
If Ottavio is going to Scotland after World Cup, why on earth is he in the U20 squad....He is gaining valuable international experience that the Wallabies will not benefit from down the line. I hope that this is not the case.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would have thought that WA would be an attractive option for some of the young guys but I agree with Cheese maybe they didn't want to go.
The number of Rebels players going to NSW and Qld seems a bit crazy to me. Not sure how they are going to fit all these guys into their squads.
Let's hope that Tahs and Reds don't become dominant and The Force misses out on talent. The Brumbies may come under pressure if this is how it all pans out.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Reds have confirmed signings of 2 Rebels and the Tahs 1, with only one or two more rumoured for each. I'm really not sure where these supposed crazy numbers are coming from.

Tahs in particularly have already lost several players, and the Reds are rumoured to lose a couple too, so they clearly have room in the cap. It's really not that hard to understand.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
My thoughts were based on the rumours rather than actual signings, if half the rumours are true, particularly regarding positions it's really not that hard to understand.