• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Mick The Munch

Ron Walden (29)
The strangest part of this whole saga has been finding myself somewhat siding with RA on a number of the issues surrounding it. And I have a lot of issues with RA around how their ineptitude and atrophy has allowed the game to reach nadir after nadir seemingly on an annual basis in this country.
Could be as they’re controlling the narrative at the moment. Will be very interesting to see the court case details - what the Rebels directors withheld, what RA told the Rebels Etc

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The strangest part of this whole saga has been finding myself somewhat siding with RA on a number of the issues surrounding it. And I have a lot of issues with RA around how their ineptitude and atrophy has allowed the game to reach nadir after nadir seemingly on an annual basis in this country.
Perhaps the current iteration of administrators but RA are still largely responsible for where we are.

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
That’s not true at all - the ATO can and do enter payment lane without having a full understanding of the finances of the business. They do it all the time.
This is without even getting into the Rebels agreeing to a payment plan with ATO and then defaulting on it which happened at least twice, and this was after the ATO rejected the initial payment plan because they didn't think the Rebels could achieve it

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
THE REBELS HID NOTHING FROM THE ATO.

They were on a payment plan, you don't get on them if your hiding from them.
If this is correct what went wrong? RA has a history of sticking by franchises in trouble, the Tahs being the most obvious.
Also all the big talk about building a solid franchise in the second largest city in Australia.
Their biggest problem apart from spend-a-holism was they couldn't win for years and years.
Failure is always an orphan.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Apparently during the regular season the Rebels had statistically the most dominant scrum in the league. Yay.
Where'd you see this during the broadcast of the Brumbies Dura it said the Fijians were number 1 and had only lost 1 scrum.

Maybe it was a lie

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Rebels were well down the list on the official super Rugby scrum win % stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240603-192737~2.png
    Screenshot_20240603-192737~2.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20240603-192744.png
    Screenshot_20240603-192744.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 38