• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
asic has
Deed of Company Arrangement Copy of Deed of Company (5047A)
Arrangement ()
$47 if you want to see it.
Guess its up and running

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Not much in the letter, and it was one of those self-destruct PDFs. You can only read once. Registered creditors received the letter - I'm not a creditor, but I did get to see it.

Just said the DOCA is executed on 27 May 2024, as per clause xxx of Corporations act. Signed, two dues from PwC. Nothing more than that really.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So from here....employees should get their Super paid in around a month. Other creditors will get 15c at the same time.

Negotiations officially begin around the participation licence. If no progress after 30 days, then there will be funding to get the lawyers involved.

The directors only regain control and pay the balance (up to 30c) if RA grant the licence, and ATO drop the DPNs

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure about the credibility of this source but it doesn't sound good for the Rebels:
1717023096190.png

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Mad respect to RA for waiting all season to pull the plug then do it just before finals, couldn’t wait for another 1.5 weeks till we were bundled out.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not a surprising end result. Not their fault we got into the mess, but lots of respect lost for RA not playing with a straight bat from the beginning about their preferred outcome.

Hope as many players and coaches as possible get chances elsewhere, and another opportunity for Victorian Rugby emerges.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Not a surprising end result. Not their fault we got into the mess, but lots of respect lost for RA not playing with a straight bat from the beginning about their preferred outcome.

Hope as many players and coaches as possible get chances elsewhere, and another opportunity for Victorian Rugby emerges.

I'd argue that RA were dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. it wouldn't matter when RA made the announcement, they'd have people complaining about it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
The timing does suck. Can't deny that but I wonder if there are also some player/staff movement about to come out and RA ripping off a band aid is better than a obvious slow collapse. Any player agent worth a pinch would have been working on deals for months since rumours began.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

I don't believe for a second this was their preferred outcome, they want rugby in Melbourne. It's just no one can afford it, even the new 30 million offer. Especially with the 'threat of legal action' hanging over them.

It's a damn shame, would love to have kept 5 teams.

Although I'll hold hope till an official announcement is made, some random dude on Twitter isn't my go-to source

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd argue that RA were dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. it wouldn't matter when RA made the announcement, they'd have people complaining about it.
If they'd left it til after finals you'd have people (rightfully) upset that the Rebels didn't get a 'proper' last match. I'd imagine many of the players may feel similarly.