• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon even Aussie fans might be pissed off with Fatland because he is going to give Dingo such an easy ride he will be sure to get an extension.

On the basis that if you haven't heard a good conspiracy theory by 8pm :)

It's all part of the NZRU grand plan. Deans to be extended until RWC 15, by which time the Wallabies will be struggling to win a meat raffle held at a training, sorry 'logistics' camp, after which he will return to NZ to collect his knighthood for services to NZ rugby, while Gatland takes the reins of the All Blacks.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
They've got a pretty good team. Something like:

15. Kearny
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscol
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Sexton
9. Youngs
8. Heslip
7. Warburton
6. O'Brien
5. O'Connell
4. Jones
3. Jones
2. Hibbard
1. Jenkins

Maybe I'm bias against England, I can't tell. The important point is that they are a solid team all round, mainly in the forwards but once this team is on the front foot they will be hard to stop. Australia relies on individual brilliance a lot more than the Lions will do.

I'd tip us to win, but can't see a walkover happening unless the conditions are picture perfect and we play the reds backline.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
On the basis that if you haven't heard a good conspiracy theory by 8pm :)

It's all part of the NZRU grand plan. Deans to be extended until RWC 15, by which time the Wallabies will be struggling to win a meat raffle held at a training, sorry 'logistics' camp, after which he will return to NZ to collect his knighthood for services to NZ rugby, while Gatland takes the reins of the All Blacks.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2
sandpit fan I think you need a lesson in irony.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So it seems Best has been left out because Gatland doesn't like him. What a great day it has been for the Lions today!?!? Will they ever be seen in Australia again?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
So it seems Best has been left out because Gatland doesn't like him. What a great day it has been for the Lions today!?!? Will they ever be seen in Australia again?

How has his line out throwing been the past few months? I know he's been on a bit of a relative dip in form recently but if I can think of anything that would have kept him out of the Lions that would have been it.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Gatland has picked players that will just bash you all day, no good playing a loose game against the aussies, they will try to pumel you in the scrum and drive forward all day the aussie 8 will have their hands full,
When you play a team you dont play to their strengths you play to your's
There are always selections that you wont agree with, most players have weaknesses, but they also have strengths. I think Australia will have their hands full.
Some here think the Welsh will let the lions down, but I ask you who would you have picked instead??

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Gatland has picked players that will just bash you all day, no good playing a loose game against the aussies, they will try to pumel you in the scrum and drive forward all day the aussie 8 will have their hands full,
When you play a team you dont play to their strengths you play to your's
There are always selections that you wont agree with, most players have weaknesses, but they also have strengths. I think Australia will have their hands full.
Some here think the Welsh will let the lions down, but I ask you who would you have picked instead??

The thing is Gatland doesn't seem to have realized that this plan hasn't worked against Australia the last 7 times Wales have played the Aussies so why would it work now? Added to the fact he has chosen some absolute wankers, a drugs cheat and picked the worst 7 of all the international teams in the NH as captain would suggest they won't get the job done.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Hogg is supposedly the acting #3 fly-half. He has played there for Glasgow but those games were few and far between.
He is not a natural 10 and the experiment to play him there for Glasgow didnt work but at a push I guess he could play there if needed.
The real odd thing is that the midweek team could have a backline where three players are not in their best/primary positions.
I guess WG has picked a squad of backs that can all play in the 1st team - whereas some of the players mentioned like Laidlaw for example, whilst a great back-up for two positions in mid-week games, should never be near the starting line up.
After a night of contemplation, cant argue with the selection of backs really - a stand-off and centre short but thats just my opinion.
Forwards - back row and locks is fair enough a few tough calls but possibly the right choices.
Front row is still shocking and our scrum will suffer - heres hoping the BaaBaas select Grant and Best and they show WG how p*sh his 2nd choice front row really is!

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I reckon the starting 15 may look like:

1. Healy
2. Hibbard
3. Jones
4. Gray
5. O’Connell
6. Croft
7. Warburton
8. Heaslip
9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Halfpenny

There are plenty of close calls there but I reckon that's a pretty strong side. A possible bench:

16. Youngs
17. Cole
18. Jenkins
19. Jones
20. Tipuric
21. Youngs
22. Farrell
23. Davies

That still leaves out Parling, O'Brien, Faletu, Tuilagi and Kearney as players who could all get a start in the 15.

That's a pretty strong side with a good mixture of existing combinations and experienced players. It's a very powerful looking pack.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I reckon the starting 15 may look like:

1. Healy
2. Hibbard
3. Jones
4. Gray
5. O’Connell
6. Croft
7. Warburton
8. Heaslip
9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Halfpenny

There are plenty of close calls there but I reckon that's a pretty strong side. A possible bench:

16. Youngs
17. Cole
18. Jenkins
19. Jones
20. Tipuric
21. Youngs
22. Farrell
23. Davies

That still leaves out Parling, O'Brien, Faletu, Tuilagi and Kearney as players who could all get a start in the 15.

That's a pretty strong side with a good mixture of existing combinations and experienced players. It's a very powerful looking pack.
Agree with exception of Davies and Farrell on bench need a back three replacement.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
The thing is Gatland doesn't seem to have realized that this plan hasn't worked against Australia the last 7 times Wales have played the Aussies so why would it work now? Added to the fact he has chosen some absolute wankers, a drugs cheat and picked the worst 7 of all the international teams in the NH as captain would suggest they won't get the job done.
Howley coached them last time around and he tried a bit different tactics that what they did in the championship run. First they kicked balls out or let it roll out as where they always try to keep it in or set it up then use the kick and chase. Other thing is that they also tried to employ the blitz defense against more skillful players.

Status
Not open for further replies.