• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
lions team against the reds

Hogg
Cuthbert, Bowe

Tuilagi Davies

Farrell B Youngs

Jenkins T Youngs Stevens

Gray Parling

Lydiate Warbs Falatau

Subs Hibbard, Vunipola, Jones, POC, Tupiric,Murray, Sexton, North,
weakest team thus far, our bench is stronger than the team:(

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Matt Stevens could end the tour as the man with the most minutes on the field, someone would almost think he is good mates with the forwards coach :rolleyes:

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Matt Stevens could end the tour as the man with the most minutes on the field, someone would almost think he is good mates with the forwards coach :rolleyes:

I'm not sure it is in a props aspirations to finish a tour with the most game time. He might not be thanking his mate for that!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Sean O'Brien really advanced his cause tonight. Makes a big argument to select him as the 6 ahead of Croft or Lydiate.

I expect he's more likely to end up on the bench though.

Heaslip probably took a step backwards and opened the door for Faletau at number 8.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
another game that was a complete waste of time:rolleyes: There is growing debate her to impose a clause that insures the lions play the strongest teams when they tour. Which I am in complete agreement with.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
They agreed to these matches in 2011, what the fuck did they think the NSW/QLD Combined Country team would look like?

Is it that easy to forget that Australia is a country of less than 23 million? The UK alone is over 62 million strong and rugby has a healthier sporting profile there. To expect the Australian sides to even be capable of fielding full-strength sides without jeopardizing the quality of the test series product (the main selling point and entire reason the Lions tour to begin with) is short-sighted and imbecilic.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought BOD was again fantastic, the quality of his work and decision making is excellent. I also like Maitland's work, not just a big fast 14/15 but a smart unit with great skills

He can be their "Conrad Smith" giving direction and smarts to the big boppers around him. Stick one of the monsters at 12, North and Maitland on the wings and Halfpenny at 15. Bloody good.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't think Maitland is going to be making the test side if Zebo gets a run out before the tests begin. He's very, very fast in a linear path but his lack of 'skills' is what got him dropped from the Crusaders to begin with.

Bowe will reportedly be healthy for the 2nd test anyway, he's a better footballer than either Maitland or Zebo.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
They agreed to these matches in 2011, what the fuck did they think the NSW/QLD Combined Country team would look like?

Is it that easy to forget that Australia is a country of less than 23 million? The UK alone is over 62 million strong and rugby has a healthier sporting profile there. To expect the Australian sides to even be capable of fielding full-strength sides without jeopardizing the quality of the test series product (the main selling point and entire reason the Lions tour to begin with) is short-sighted and imbecilic.
Calm down mun, just pointing out what's been said your points were also picked up on, The differences between NZ, SA, and Australia is its strength in depth, that's also been pointed out,
People have also said that playing the lions is a once in a lifetime achievement and should be better supported by the host nation with more meaningful games arranged,:)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
What a fecking shambles, Biggar must think he is held in massive esteem by Fathead. Pleased for 36, rate him as a player and he offers more than Farrell and Barrit combined. Amusing to see players being picked that are surplus to Lancaster's requirements.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Dai bando

Except the lack of player depth makes arranging more 'meaningful' matches nearly impossible so this is a moot point. The whinging is getting seriously old and I'm not even exposed to 9/10ths of it.

12Trees adds a genuine play-making option at 12 without forcing someone to play out of position, pretty logical addition.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
36 should have been in the original party, really good player and would have acted as decent 10/12 cover.

Don't get the moaning from the Lions every 4 years, they know what to expect these days. As I've said before why would Australia help the Lions prepare by allowing the Wallabies to play in the warm up games?

Status
Not open for further replies.