• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
Ag well, my son in Wimbledon tell me he get cornered all over the place , people (they snif a Boer out there quite easily) telling him they beat the Cheetahs. pretty difficult for them to understand the wooden spoonist of the S14 run them close and without two of their best players. They dont even know what the S14 is and if he explain to them and he told them Holland beat them in cricket their excuse is that KP did not play. Then he told them he is a Saffer afterall, so he is enjoying it. ::)

I like the boy. When is he migrating to Australia? :)
His best mates is Aussies at the moment, working with him. Hopefull they'll teach him to speak proper english. He is a provincial U18 hockey player and Aus a very good option for him. You lot are kings in that sport.

From an Aussie..God help you ;D

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
Ag well, my son in Wimbledon tell me he get cornered all over the place , people (they snif a Boer out there quite easily) telling him they beat the Cheetahs. pretty difficult for them to understand the wooden spoonist of the S14 run them close and without two of their best players. They dont even know what the S14 is and if he explain to them and he told them Holland beat them in cricket their excuse is that KP did not play. Then he told them he is a Saffer afterall, so he is enjoying it. ::)

I like the boy. When is he migrating to Australia? :)
His best mates is Aussies at the moment, working with him. Hopefull they'll teach him to speak proper english. He is a provincial U18 hockey player and Aus a very good option for him. You lot are kings in that sport.

That is not advisable. He is in England. Get a Pom to do it. They are the only ones who speak English. :fishing

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
15. Stefan Terblanche
14. Chris Jordaan
13. Andries Strauss
12. Riaan Swanepoel
11. Luzuko Vulindlu
10. Monty Dumond
9. Rory Kockott
8. Keegan Daniel
7. Jean Deysel
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller (captain)
4. Steven Sykes
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Skipper Badenhorst
1. Deon Carstens
Replacements:
16. Craig Burden
17. Patric Cilliers
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Michael Rhodes
20. Charl McLeod
21. Guy Cronje
22. Lwazi Mvovo

Great pack of forwards but that backline look thin.
Very thin in the backline indeed. Gee the Sharks need to think about their backline depth for next year's S14.

S

Spook

Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
15. Stefan Terblanche
14. Chris Jordaan
13. Andries Strauss
12. Riaan Swanepoel
11. Luzuko Vulindlu
10. Monty Dumond
9. Rory Kockott
8. Keegan Daniel
7. Jean Deysel
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller (captain)
4. Steven Sykes
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Skipper Badenhorst
1. Deon Carstens
Replacements:
16. Craig Burden
17. Patric Cilliers
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Michael Rhodes
20. Charl McLeod
21. Guy Cronje
22. Lwazi Mvovo

Great pack of forwards but that backline look thin.
Very thin in the backline indeed. Gee the Sharks need to think about their backline depth for next year's S14.

Good pack. They will push the lions. Never heard of that flyhalf?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Spook said:
Good pack. They will push the lions. Never heard of that flyhalf?
DuMond played a few CC & Vodacom matches and more a kicking type of flyhalf. Thought they would use Halstead & Murray but look like Plumtree want more the Cheetah poach youngsters to get a run. The Sharks won the U19 CC in 2007 and many of those now playing in the SA U20s. Will be difficult to keep the Lion backs in check in this game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Getting excited to go on saturday. Just heard Andre Venter will join us in the losie and will have a chat to the big man. Thomo you going to join Boet? Me and the kid will be all blue & white hoops for this one! Early 3 oclock game so the oxwagon will have to depart early from Paarl. :thumb

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
Getting excited to go on saturday. Just heard Andre Venter will join us in the losie and will have a chat to the big man. Thomo you going to join Boet? Me and the kid will be all blue & white hoops for this one! Early 3 oclock game so the oxwagon will have to depart early from Paarl. :thumb

Nope, Oom: I'm only getting in early on the 22nd, just for the Emerging Bokke game and the Second Test in Loftus. Work's getting in the way of doing the rest of the tour. :'(

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
Nope, Oom: I'm only getting in early on the 22nd, just for the Emerging Bokke game and the Second Test in Loftus. Work's getting in the way of doing the rest of the tour. :'(
OK , you go with me then for the Newlands one, if you still need some extra tickets for your buddies maybe, WP release this one
British & Irish Lions headed for Newlands
- Tuesday, June 09, 2009
The British and Irish Lions are headed for the home of rugby, Newlands, for their two matches against Vodacom WP (13 June) and the Emerging Boks (23 June). Below please find important information pertaining to the two matches.

Public Seating and Newlands Season Ticket Information

Public seating and standing tickets for the Newlands based British and Irish Lions tour matches, against Vodacom WP on Saturday 13 June and Emerging Springboks on Tuesday 23 June are now available at Computicket outlets nationwide.

Seating allocations have been returned from the British Lions and are now available.

Prices are as follows:

Vodacom WP vs British & Irish Lions 13 June 2009

SEATING: R285.00 (All stands)
STANDING: R135.00 (Danie Craven Stand)

Emerging Boks vs British & Irish Lions 23 June 2009

SEATING: R230.00 (All stands)
STANDING: R115.00 (Danie Craven Stand)

Tickets can be purchased from Computicket outlets nationwide, as well as in store at Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper Stores. Telephonic credit card bookings are available on 083 915 8000 and online bookings can be made on www.computicket.com. Please note that tickets are only available through the outlets listed above, the Newlands Box Office will not be open.
Newlands season ticket holders that purchased British Lions tickets with their season ticket renewal earlier this year, are reminded that voucher(s) for the Vodacom WP vs. British Lions (13 June) and the Emerging Boks vs. British Lions (23 June) are currently available for collection from WP Rugby’s offices, 5th floor Newlands Terraces, 8 Boundary Road (on the 5th floor of the parking garage next to the WP Rugby Shop in Boundary Road). Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8h30 to 16h30.

Once collected the vouchers can now be redeemed at any Computicket, Shoprite / Checkers Money Market branches for your British Lions match day tickets.

Your 2009 season ticket will not grant you access to the two British Lions fixtures. The voucher must be collected from WP Rugby and redeemed at a Computicket outlet for the actual British Lions match day tickets. These redeemed tickets must be used for match entry.

Please note that as regulated by SA Rugby / British Lions, lost vouchers or redeemed match tickets will not be replaced.

Match Day Information:

Vodacom WP vs British Lions Saturday 13 June 2009
Gates Open: 13h00
Kick-off: 15h00

Emerging Boks vs British & Irish Lions Tuesday 23 June 2009
Gates Open: 17h00
Kick-off: 19h10
so its a evening game and you just have to jump quick if you want extra tickets then.

The Ring test I dunno, speak to GMan if he can get you in a box eitherwise I have to ask my Brute friend on the Boer forum to help you out
Maar probeer die, ek is wel nie seker of daar nog beskikbaar is nie, die bul site is maar skaars met informasie

Loftus Versfeld: www.bluebull.co.za or cal 012 420 0700
Computicket: www.computicket.com or call 083 915 8000

As daar iewers moet vir jou afgehaal word, sal ek uithelp PB!!
Shout Boet, we will help you as much as we can but cant wait to take you to Newlands. Will put up some pictures , just to get you in the right mood. :thumb

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Hugonaut said:
Stephen Ferris invalided out; Ryan Jones called in as a replacement.

[Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/8092217.stm ]

Gutting for the Lions. Ferris was having an excellent tour, and Ryan Jones [despite having done a great job when he came out as a replacement against the ABs in 2005] isn't in good form at all.

Jones should still have gone ahead of Mongo, mind, never mind Joe Worsely, the Incredible Vanishing Backrow.

S

Spook

Gee losing Ferris is a blow. He has the physicality to mix it with the Boks.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
I think a little trip to Barristers might be in order, in the circumstances. O0
Boet why do you want to go to a bar when you can get all you want on the house in the Losie? Biltong, drinks , Kaapse Kerrie, samoosas , you name it and maybe if we are lucky you can chat up Rob Louws daughter, Roxy? ???

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Western Province against Lions this Saturday:

15 Joe Pietersen, 14 Tonderai Chavhanga, 13 Morgan Newman, 12 Peter Grant, 11 Gcobani Bobo, 10 Willem de Waal, 9 Dewald Duvenhage, 8 Luke Watson (c), 7 Duane Vermeulen, 6 Pieter Louw, 5 Anton van Zyl ,4 Martin Muller, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Wicus Blaauw.
Subs: 16 Hanyani Shimange, 17 JD Moller, 18 De Kock Steenkamp, 19 Zandre Jordaan, 20 Conrad Hoffmann, 21 JJ Engelbrecht, 22 Gio Aplon.

Exciting bacckline. They won't see the ball though. De Waal will hoof it away.

Bit of a light looking tight five there.

Sharks forwards and this backline would thump the Lions but now I am just talking shite.

These guys should swing it and have a full go at the Kitties and test them out wide.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
On another note, is it just me or the games have been very calm and gentlemanly?

I think it's about time for some good old biffo and I am placing all my hope in the Sharks forwards. Here's to hoping they get worked up into a frenzy and with Kockot yapping from nine we might see some action.

What is a Lions tour without a good bit of handbags eh?

Time to get stuck into these Kitties. Enough of all the niceties. Africa is not for sissies for fucks sake.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Blue said:
On another note, is it just me or the games have been very calm and gentlemanly?

I think it's about time for some good old biffo and I am placing all my hope in the Sharks forwards. Here's to hoping they get worked up into a frenzy and with Kockot yapping from nine we might see some action.

Time to get stuck into these Kitties. Enough of all the niceties. Africa is not for sissies for fucks sake.

Been to Seapoint, Braamfontein or a Stormers or Lions match lately, then...? ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
True Blue. They have this Lions on safari TV series on now and hell that 1974 series was a great one, specially the fights. No way the ref can interfere and stand one side till it all finish and then the players start playing once the fire die down. Vokket man thats the good old days and Spiekeries commentating, sound like a FF (Folau Fainga'a) recording to be honest. That was rugby played , like it should be played.

Think the WP team have a better change upsetting the Lions on saturday and Newman now outs des Fountain. Anton van Zyl & Muller handy comes lineouts I think, scrum maybe the usual problem.

Thomo I have forfeit my losie tickets for saturday to make sure I take you to Newlands and I got a Lion jersey on the deal. Still up for it?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thomond78 said:
Blue said:

Been to Seapoint, Braamfontein or a Stormers or Lions match lately, then...? ;)

No

I haven't been in SA for five years.

But I went to a few games in my time, lived in Seapoint, and worked in Braamies for years. Not for the faint hearted.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
True Blue. They have this Lions on safari TV series on now and hell that 1974 series was a great one, specially the fights. No way the ref can interfere and stand one side till it all finish and then the players start playing once the fire die down. Vokket man thats the good old days and Spiekeries commentating, sound like a FF (Folau Fainga'a) recording to be honest. That was rugby played , like it should be played.

Think the WP team have a better change upsetting the Lions on saturday and Newman now outs des Fountain. Anton van Zyl & Muller handy comes lineouts I think, scrum maybe the usual problem.

Thomo I have forfeit my losie tickets for saturday to make sure I take you to Newlands and I got a Lion jersey on the deal. Still up for it?

God, yes. I owe you for this one, Oom. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.