• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
Ag vok why should I even try to argue.

Just one tip, dont try and read my mind, you may make a mistake.

There are rules and penalties for the rules like anything in life. If he cross the rule he pay the penalty just like many before him who cross the line.

Thats something I hope you understand.

but life goes on.

Sometimes we need to stop and think about it a little bit.

To say he has been punished and that's enough ignores the damage this incident does to the Bok jersey, and the image of rugby in SA and how it is perceived from the outside. Our rugby image suffered under Krige and has improved a lot but now it's right back in the gutter.

Thsi tour will not be remembered by most people for the rugby. That's a pity. We can thank Schalk for that.
and what about your Bakkies?????havent he did the same thing. Your pretty quick to jump on the Cape train , your Brute lot are the last one to show a finger, four direct back to you. :nta:

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
In PBs defence he isnt directly defending Burger, however in a case like this you arent going to be able to deflect attention by saying others have overstepped the mark previously or will in the future.

In my eyes Burger has now committed 2 of the lowest acts you can on a field, abusing an official and eye gouging. I would not want that man wearing a jersey that meant anything to me.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Didnt he also grab George Smith's testicals last year? Remember the "You're better than that Schalk." statement from Smith on the field?

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
NTA said:
Rarely will you see a TMO asked about foul play, though I remember Andre Watson doing it to identify a player rucking someone in a S14 game.
It was Owen Finegan rucking someones head, if I recall properly.

J

Jatz

I've changed my mind... I think de Villiers might be the dumbest man in world rugby. There is no possible way you can support his actions.

H

Hugonaut

8 weeks is a joke.

It's below the minimum for an offense at the 'lesser end' of the colourful eye-gouging spectrum. If there is such a thing as a mild eye-gouge, and Burger's offense doesn't even rate at that, permanent blindness must rate in the middle of the range and loss of the eyeball might just be enough to warrant the severe rating.

Holy sh¡t, it's actually incredible that top-class professional rugby players can be so vicious and sneaky, top-class officials can be so spineless and top-class bureaucrats can be so f*cking stupid.

Bakkies was unfortunate to get a ban, in my eyes. Not saying that so that I can appear to be Fox-style "fair and balanced", just can't really see what the problem was, apart from the very unfortunate result. He comes in from the gate and hits Adam Jones [who is in the middle of the ruck, not fringing] shoulder to shoulder. Maybe it's a technical offense for not binding on somebody [either an opponent or a team mate], or for leaving his feet, but in that case it should have been a penalty on the spot, not a citing afterwards.

Don't see too much wrong with Drico's hit either, it's just an unfortunate result, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtcNdAc4clA

He may have been a foot offside [impossible to tell if he's behind the hindmost foot, as he's out of the picture] but he has every right to charge up once du Preez has his hands on the ball. It's not a high tackle either [ffs, Drico is about 5'9" and Roussouw is 6'6"] and his arms are up and extended to make the tackle - they just clash heads and bounce off each other, so he doesn't complete it. Both of them were f*cked from it, and it probably ended up hurting the Lions more, because Broussouw came on and ended up having a stormer and ROG came on and ended up ... eh, losing the Lions the match, pretty much.

Pretty vindictive of me, but I'd like to see Burger play against Ireland this Autumn and get a right going over – legally or illegally. I've lost all respect for him [and I used to think that he was not just a great player, but seemed like a decent guy off the pitch], and it'd be fitting if some of the hard-nosed Nordie c*nts like Neil Best and Stephen Ferris – not to forget out very own celebrity eye-gouger, Alan Quinlan [fighting out of Munster] – opened up his brain-box for him to see if there was anything inside.

J

Jatz

Neil Best would like a shot at Burger I'm sure... I have a feeling Elsom will be eyeing him up too. That is if Burger doesn't step back on the field and do something else stupid to get another ban.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
Ag vok why should I even try to argue.

Just one tip, dont try and read my mind, you may make a mistake.

There are rules and penalties for the rules like anything in life. If he cross the rule he pay the penalty just like many before him who cross the line.

Thats something I hope you understand.

but life goes on.

Sometimes we need to stop and think about it a little bit.

To say he has been punished and that's enough ignores the damage this incident does to the Bok jersey, and the image of rugby in SA and how it is perceived from the outside. Our rugby image suffered under Krige and has improved a lot but now it's right back in the gutter.

Thsi tour will not be remembered by most people for the rugby. That's a pity. We can thank Schalk for that.
and what about your Bakkies?????havent he did the same thing. Your pretty quick to jump on the Cape train , your Brute lot are the last one to show a finger, four direct back to you. :nta:

Two years ago on the Fern I repeatedly called for Bakkies head. I think it was a gouge or head but at the time and it cost us a test as he got sent to the bin. I can't remember. So it's OK for a gouge like that from Schalk because Bakkies has been found to do it before? Sometimes you really need to think before you type.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Schalk Burger is a fine player but he has a serious self control issue and he appears to never learn.

Oh an this has nothing to with where the players are from but you canlt help yourself but make it a Cape vs "Them" issue. The same arguments would apply if Schalk was from Johburg or Koffie-fuckingfontein. It is irrelevant.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Biffo said:
ACT Crusader said:
PB - when those two players eye gouge we will say the same thing about them. It was blatant and after all is said and done it shows a real lack of character when someone resorts to that sort of action. IMO its a real shame as I am ususally a big fan of Burgers play.

I don't like being pedantic but "resorts to" is a bad choice of words. "Resorts to" usually means what you do after you have tried all your regular practices. I don't think Burger had tried any other practice in the all of 23 elapsed seconds.

Perhaps better wording would be "it shows a real lack of character when someone chooses to that sort of action as his first course".

Disgraceful. Worthy of Corne Krige at his very worst.

Resorts to still implies that Burger chose to do what he did. Well that's the way I use the term. While we might be talking nano-second decision making here, Burger still had a number of options at that instance, and IMO he "resorted to" what I (and many others) deem to be a poor decision. He could have just pulled the jersey, even got him around the shoulders/neck, but he 'resorted to' the eyes. Poor form

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Paarl would defend Burger even if he pulled a gun and shot someone's brains out on the park. He's from the Cape.
Open your vokken eyes and you'll vokken see who start the Cape kak. PC Hippie. :lmao:

F

formeropenside

Biffo said:
rustycruiser said:
NTA said:
Rarely will you see a TMO asked about foul play, though I remember Andre Watson doing it to identify a player rucking someone in a S14 game.
It was Owen Finegan rucking someones head, if I recall properly.

Dan Crowley was the someone?

Crowley wouldn't have complained about it, but you'd be wise to avoid being on the bottom of a ruck after that. Or anywhere near Crowley, for that matter.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Crowley wouldn't have complained about it, but you'd be wise to avoid being on the bottom of a ruck after that. Or anywhere near Crowley, for that matter.

I reckon Crowley would make sure he had retribution for every wrong doing he thought happened to him, even if it took years for him to meet that player on the field again.

A guy that went undercover to infiltrate some of the drug rings on the gold coast wouldn't be afraid of much on the rugby field.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:
Paarl would defend Burger even if he pulled a gun and shot someone's brains out on the park. He's from the Cape.
Open your vokken eyes and you'll vokken see who start the Cape kak. PC Hippie. :lmao:

What is that? Some sort of Paarl speak I am not familiar with.

All I am saying s that if Snor and Burger were not from the Cape, you would not be defending them.

Your need to defend two of the most dishonorable South Africans to ever be in the international limelight is indeed baffling to me. Are you not embarrassed? I am.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:

All I am saying s that if Snor and Burger were not from the Cape, you would not be defending them.

Your need to defend two of the most dishonorable South Africans to ever be in the international limelight is indeed baffling to me. Are you not embarrassed? I am.
Oh well enjoy it, you can easily switch to the Wallabies & Tahs , thats where you stay anyway. We use to fight our battles here , the hard way. ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Back to topic, good to see young Potgieter and Kirshner joining the Bok squad. Bakkies appealing his ban and sure hope to see him playing on saturday.

Will be nice to see the Bokke go for the Lion kill in the third and what maoning and graoning they will come up this time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:

Oh well enjoy it, you can easily switch to the Wallabies & Tahs , thats where you stay anyway. We use to fight our battles here , the hard way. ;)

Eye gouging? I rest my case.

I don't see what where I have to live has to do with who I support? You're really struggling Paarl. Take a sabbatical. A long one.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Time to move on the the third test.

From all reports it appears as if we will see a very different Bok team. There's talk of Ralapele starting (**shudder**) and we will hopefully see quite a few new faces in this series.

So while trying to anticipate Snor's selections (which is like trying to win the Lotto), this might well be what we see:

15. JP Pietersen (just a suspicion but maybe calling up Kirchner shows they have realised JP is not a fullback. Kirchner unlikely to start although I'd love it if he did.
14. Nokwe
13. Fourie (Even a madman will not leave him out ... oh wait...)
12. Olivier
11. Habana / Ndungane
10. M Steyn
9. F du Preez (If he plays Januarie I really think all hope in the man will be lost)
8. Kanko
7. Danie R if Fit and BAkkies gets cleared, else Juan
6. Brussow
5. Vic
4. Bakkies if cleared in appeal, else Danie R if not still concust, else Muller
3. Smit
2. Ralepele (eek!)
1. Guthro. Rest the BEast. Let him slumber.

Lots of possibilities like Frans Steyn at 12 (hope not). The bench is likely to be loaded with the first choice starters.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Look like they will go with the strongest possible selection Blue. Wont expect change but surely may see some of them having slight injuries (Jean, AD, FdP) replaced.
F Steyn - the more he play the better he'll adjust to the position
Habana - starting to hit top form now.
Mossie - cant ignore him after saturday
Meisiekind - Jean have a shoulder niggle and sure deserve his change
JP - Brilliant test and the type that you dont sit out.
Morne - cant ignore after saturday
Ruaan - FdP with a shoulder niggle.
Spies - Hope Kankowski get a change from the bench this time.
Smith - Still out of form.
Brussouw - nr1 pick
Matfield
Bakkies - his ban will be lifted, if not Muller should slot in with Pakslae from the bench.
Smit,Bismarck,Beast

The youngsters will probably start from the bench.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
MOD TIME - REMOVED A BUNCH OF MESSAGES. STAY ON TOPIC. THANKS FOR SUPPORT CUTTER AND LINDO, BUT JUST WANT TO MOVE ON.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
look like I had it wrong regarding the Bok team. Look like a brand new backline will start
Kirschner, Nokwe, Mossie, Meisiekind, Twin, M Steyn, FdP, Kankowski, Smith, Brussouw, Bakkies/Muller, Matfield, Smit, ChilliBoy, Beast.

Team will be announce in a hour and a brave move by the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.