• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
When we play France, Italy, Samoa, New Zealand etc at Murrayfield we always wear our change shirt. Like in WC '99 when we play the all blacks in a rather awful orange number...

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Tickets just came in the mail. Made the oo oo oo oooooo noise as I opened each of the 3 envelopes for each game that I'm going to ;D

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The home team would and should sensibly make most of their match against the Lions by wearing a commemorative strip to reflect the unique occasion and sell replicas at the gate if not beforehand as well. Then these jerseys worn by the players can be auctioned off for charity afterwards.

FingalRaven

Frank Nicholson (4)
From Wiki(I know it can be wrong at times)

This was the tour to New Zealand where the tourists now standard blue jerseys caused some controversy. Unlike in association football, the convention in rugby is for the home side to accommodate its guests when there is a clash of kit. The New Zealand side, by then already synonymous with the appellation "All Blacks", had an all black kit that clashed with the Lions' blue. After much reluctance and debate New Zealand agreed to change for the Tests and the All Blacks became the All Whites for the first time. On the 1930 tour a delegation led by the Irish lock George Beamish expressed their displeasure at the fact that whilst the blue of Scotland, white of England and red of Wales were represented in the strip there was no green for Ireland. A green flash was added to the socks, which from 1938 became a green turnover (although on blue socks thus eliminating red from the kit), and that has remained a feature of the strip ever since.[8] In 1936, the four-quartered badge returned for the tour to Argentina and has remained on the kits ever since,[5] but other than that the strip remained the same.
Red jerseys

The adoption of the red jersey happened in the 1950 tour. A return to New Zealand was accompanied by a desire to avoid the controversy of 1930 and so red replaced blue for the jersey with the resultant kit being that which is still worn today, the combination of red jersey, white shorts and green and blue socks, representing the four unions

Replica of the 1910 jersey

$T2eC16d,!zQE9s3stYwPBRWvv0k8lw~~60_35.JPG

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Tickets just came in the mail. Made the oo oo oo oooooo noise as I opened each of the 3 envelopes for each game that I'm going to ;D
Got most of my tickets on Friday - 6 separate plain envelopes (they must be worried about theft too!) , just missing the Melbourne games - anyone got those yet?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I got all mine on Friday. Reds and Wallabies at Suncorp. Tickets to both matches came in the one envelope.

Huntsman

Frank Row (1)
This popped up in the Daily Telegraph today:

Where to watch the game???

Rather than going to the 3rd Lions test at the ground in Sydney, I am having a steak with a few mates in the CBD, then we are going to go somewhere else to watch the game. It is the "somewhere else" that is not yet organised. Any suggestions for a good location with big screens and a bar down at the Quay end of town?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Where to watch the game???

Rather than going to the 3rd Lions test at the ground in Sydney, I am having a steak with a few mates in the CBD, then we are going to go somewhere else to watch the game. It is the "somewhere else" that is not yet organised. Any suggestions for a good location with big screens and a bar down at the Quay end of town?
Join the rugby club and watch game there?

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Had a glance at the ARU site and they have some fan days set up:

Tuesday 18 June Meet the Qantas Wallabies
Brisbane City Hall
Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 5.00pm
Sunday 23 June Qantas Wallabies Fan Day
Power House Rugby Club,
Aughtie Drive
Albert Park, VIC 3.15pm
Sunday 30 June Qantas Wallabies Fan Day
First Fleet Park
Circular Quay
Sydney, NSW 2.15pm

Who is keen to go to the Brisbane one in City Hall? I think it would be a great way to banter with the lions fans and build up the tour for the big game on Saturday

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Had a glance at the ARU site and they have some fan days set up:

Tuesday 18 June Meet the Qantas Wallabies
Brisbane City Hall
Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 5.00pm
Sunday 23 June Qantas Wallabies Fan Day
Power House Rugby Club,
Aughtie Drive
Albert Park, VIC 3.15pm
Sunday 30 June Qantas Wallabies Fan Day
First Fleet Park
Circular Quay
Sydney, NSW 2.15pm

Who is keen to go to the Brisbane one in City Hall? I think it would be a great way to banter with the lions fans and build up the tour for the big game on Saturday

I am going to the Brisbane one for sure. Are there any "Meet the Lions" events happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.