• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone know what the jersey colour will be for the Combined NSW/QLD Country team that will take on the Lions?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Doesn't seem to be anything announced for them, probably a case of finding out on the night! I assume it'll be a mixture of maroon and sky blue? Its a shame they haven't released a jersey, it'd be a good souvenir (for the jersey hoarders like myself) and it'd raise some more money for country rugby

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Checked it out..just seems to be hospitality packages..yep will report the SOBs..if I do end up getting the tickets is there anyway that the ARU/ticketek know they have been scalped and have put a bar on the those seats? Seems unlikely but then I am paranoid in this age of technology and monitoring..

Its a risk you take but I've never heard of anyone who has had a problem with scalped tickets.

I have heard of tickets being cancelled as they had been sold on e-bay for above face value, but not for rugby so not sure what monitoring the ARU would have in place. If you don't pay above face value you should be right.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Does anyone know what the jersey colour will be for the Combined NSW/QLD Country team that will take on the Lions?
Doesn't seem to be anything announced for them, probably a case of finding out on the night! I assume it'll be a mixture of maroon and sky blue? Its a shame they haven't released a jersey, it'd be a good souvenir (for the jersey hoarders like myself) and it'd raise some more money for country rugby

Playing Strip mockup here
imageResize.ashx

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The home team would and should sensibly make most of their match against the Lions by wearing a commemorative strip to reflect the unique occasion and sell replicas at the gate if not beforehand as well. Then these jerseys worn by the players can be auctioned off for charity afterwards.

Pretty much the same jersey for the Tahs with the Lions logo and what appears to be the match details under the Tahs logo. Meh.

130517-tilselion.jpg

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Some of the Lions players will be appearing in Bris Queen St Mall at 2pm on Saturday the 8th.

Kick off against the Reds is 8pm so could just start the arvo off at this and then head to Caxton St.

Attachments

• Lions Are Coming.jpg
    Lions Are Coming.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 199

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Had the pleasure over the weekend to watch highlights package on Setanta of the last Lions tour to Australia.Had forgotten what wonderful players we had in the Wallabies then.Besides the usual suspects,Eales,Gregan and Larkham,how good were Burke,Roff,Herbert and Finegan.Even Nathan Grey(who I was never a big fan of)played well.Wouldn't it be great to have some of them for this tour?
Also I noticed Gregan was so much sharper back then compared to his later years.Maybe coincidence that the 3rd test was McQueen's last as coach.

You are dead-right, (although i would have left Finegan off that list - he was a Penalty Disaster most times I saw him play)... Grey has some strong games - and Walker was perhaps at his best.
We had a tremendous team AND a rare team ethos back then - owing mostly to Macqueen and Eales... they ran onto the Pitch each Test, INTENDING to take control. When these two gentlement left, and it was placed in the hands of Gregan, Latham, Mortlock and co - and especially under Eddie Jones - I am afraid it became a pale, insecure shadow of its former self...

The Team we put on the park this June will have to play to the death - because they don't have the all-around raw talent that was in our 2001 squad (or the Lion's series before, for that matter).

That Sentants series shows clearly that Gregan was retained well beyond his use-by date in the end. At his peak however (around the time of that series), he was a tremendous player, and a terrific team man as well.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So one Irish player out already, Kearney looking fairly fecked, did the Hamstring troubles start in the Lions camp in Dublin? At least Healy's injury is not a Ferris like career shortener, touch fecking wood!!!! The sooner this shambles is put out of its misery the better.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Graham Rowntree calls up one of his mates what a shocker! Grant should be there, hopefully Healy can recover quickly he is still a class above all the Lions loose heads

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Graham Rowntree calls up one of his mates what a shocker! Grant should be there, hopefully Healy can recover quickly he is still a class above all the Lions loose heads

Healy might get given a few weeks to recover anyway...he's been cited for biting. Didn't see anything myself on the replays they showed though.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Grant should have gone in the first place. But having said that, I would have had Vunipola behind Grant and Corbisiero and thus far (and I have to qualify it), he has proven me wrong. They are all along way behind Healy though.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Looks like Sheehan tried to punch him and his finger has ended up in his mouth IMO. Similar incidents have been cited and thrown out as they are accidental.

Vunipola will look great against reserve Super 15 props but his scrummaging would get eaten alive by the Wallabies pack. The Lions can't afford another scenario like 2009 when Rowntree picked his England colleagues and the Saffers did a number on them. They need to pick their strongest scrummaging front row and without Healy the Lions are very vulnerable on the loose head side.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Looks like Sheehan tried to punch him and his finger has ended up in his mouth IMO. Similar incidents have been cited and thrown out as they are accidental.

I think the complaint was a bite to the arm, not the finger, but we will have to wait and see. The citing commissioner is also looking at Connor Murray stamping on Stubbs? I didn't see that one either.

I would have had money on Castro getting the better of Vunipola but that didn'nt happen and in fact, it clearly went the other way. Castro's not a second rate prop and Vunipola did as much as Healy in the scrum against the Force. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good as Healy, far from it. Healy will be a major loss for the Lions. If I were to pick a replacement for Healy it would be Grant. However, Vunipola is proving a lot of people, including me, wrong at the moment and whilst it lasts, fair play to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.